West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest alijmitchell

I have a feeling that if we are prepared to spend that amount of cash on him, then Pardew will see him as a first teamer rather than a bench warmer. I'd be inclined to think that it might mean that Ba is either moved on (which is why the Ba - Liverpool thing might have credence), or that he will be back-up. All this noise Pardew has played about 442, the lack of understanding of Ba and Cisse, the inability of our front 2 to hold things up. I think it makes sense that they would see AC as part of a starting front two. That is if this 16m rumour is true of course.

Whether he's alright or not. 16 million for a player that may not start for us is pricey. I don't neccessarily want him forcing either of Ba or Cisse out of the team; who are far and away much more accomplished players.

The way some people on here go on you'd think Ba and Cisse were George Weah and Romario and Carroll was Micheal Ricketts.

If he comes back and rediscovers his form he'll be first choice striker. Not necessarily because he's better than Ba or Cisse, though he might be, but because he'll give us something that Pardew clearly wants in the team, namely a physical presence up front. Ba and Cisse as a duo hasn't looked good at all so far. They'll probably improve, but they're not a great natural fit by any means. Think both of them would compliment Carroll pretty well though.

not too keen on carroll (admittedly more for squad harmony than his on pitch talent) but people want us to have a squad where players can come in and out of the starting XI without any drop in quality and hopefully offering something a little different, this is it. we wouldn't have a first XI as such.

I'm pretty confident Carroll would do well if he comes back here, and the board wouldn't be trying to buy him unless they were as well.

imagine the look of Liverpool fans if he come back here and starts banging in goals again  :snod:

I'm pretty confident Carroll would do well if he comes back here, and the board wouldn't be trying to buy him unless they were as well.

imagine the look of Liverpool fans if he come back here and starts banging in goals again  :snod:

Would love to get him for this purpose. :lol:

Carroll tends to do well in big games for Liverpool; games that he's fired up for. I think the fundamental issue with Carroll's Liverpool career has been that he doesn't really give a shit about the club and so can't get fired up for anything bit the big games.

At Newcastle he was up for every match and he was fucking unplayable most of the time. A lot of people here clearly have short memories... they need to watch back the Villa, Sunderland, Liverpool matches, even that opening match of the season against Man U!

I'd love to see him back and playing for a club he loves with fire in his belly!

Carroll tends to do well in big games for Liverpool; games that he's fired up for. I think the fundamental issue with Carroll's Liverpool career has been that he doesn't really give a s*** about the club and so can't get fired up for anything bit the big games.

At Newcastle he was up for every match and he was f***ing unplayable most of the time. A lot of people here clearly have short memories... they need to watch back the Villa, Sunderland, Liverpool matches, even that opening match of the season against Man U!

I'd love to see him back and playing for a club he loves with fire in his belly!

Hughton dropped him briefly in his glorious 6 months run for playing badly btw.

And as for loving Newcastle... :lol:

Guest BooBoo

He was unstoppable against the mackems. Ran them ragged despite not getting the goal his performance deserved.

Marvellous performance on that day. The foundation of the scoreline.

The irony was in the build up, the mackems were all playing Carroll down saying he was shite and how Darren Bent would show him up. Carroll proceeded to dominate them from the first whistle, setting up at least two of the goals and getting the clown sent off.