West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would still like us to go for Guidetti.

Guidetti is still recovering from some illness that caused him to miss the Euro's.

He got it from eating chicken.

True story.

Our standard poultry bid would never get him anyway.

Would still like us to go for Guidetti.

Guidetti is still recovering from some illness that caused him to miss the Euro's.

He got it from eating chicken.

True story.

Our standard poultry bid would never get him anyway.

Fowl sense of humour.

Guest BooBoo

@MsiDouglas: Reminder to follow @cunninghampaul, who will be putting Journal back page up on Twitter later. #strikernews

"The Journal understands that the club remain hopeful of securing a deal to bring home Andy Carroll although are said to have other irons in the fire if Liverpool price the financial careful Magpies out of a move for the big Geordie."

@MsiDouglas: Reminder to follow @cunninghampaul, who will be putting Journal back page up on Twitter later. #strikernews

"The Journal understands that the club remain hopeful of securing a deal to bring home Andy Carroll although are said to have other irons in the fire if Liverpool price the financial careful Magpies out of a move for the big Geordie."

Nailed it tbh.

Guest BooBoo

It's pretty much summarised in my prediction.

Prepared to look at other strikers if a Carroll deal can't be struck.

Yawn.

Guest BooBoo

It's much too late to be trying to strike new deals. Sellers will push the price up this week and we'll not pay over the odds. Expect a last day farce of trying to sign up someone who we've not been linked with all summer, only to be bombed out.

Really don't see us bringing anyone notable in. That's not being negative, just cant see another Cisse style deal happening, where it came out the blue.

Pardew did not sound confident the other day either when asked.

The good thing about the potential Carroll deal is that Liverpool clearly don't want him, and also looks like they need money in order to buy new players (Dempsey, Sturridge been linked). Can see us going back in with a £14 million bid which they'll probably accept. To be honest, I'd take anyone at the minute.

Don't really see what the problem is with that idea.  Carroll's too dear, we have other targets.

Of course the reality is that we're probably not going to sign anyone else at all, but I'm just saying. :lol:

The problem is there's 4 days left :lol: We knew he was too expensive for us when they rejected our loan offer a month ago.

Don't really see what the problem is with that idea.  Carroll's too dear, we have other targets.

Of course the reality is that we're probably not going to sign anyone else at all, but I'm just saying. :lol:

The problem is there's 4 days left :lol: We knew he was too expensive for us when they rejected our loan offer a month ago.

You seriously don't think we're already pursuing other options if the Carroll deal has died?

You seriously don't think we're already pursuing other options if the Carroll deal has died?

Probably not tbh, no.

I think we've put our final offer in for Carroll and we'll give Liverpool right until the deadline to accept it. If we don't get him then we'll roll with what we have for now and hope Carroll gets fuck all game time until January and Liverpool are desperate to get rid.

Be very surprised if we sign anyone other than Debuchy or Carroll.

I don't think it has died.