West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think its clear that movement will depend on an iminent deal being done with whoever the Scousers are persuing.

I expect it all to fall into place tomorow.

Both the Debuchy deal & this. Although i would have prefered another striking option other than carroll.

I still think that, given the present financial climate, its not been a bad window till now: Just hasnt been a good one 

I think its clear that movement will depend on an iminent deal being done with whoever the Scousers are persuing.

I expect it all to fall into place tomorow.

Both the Debuchy deal & this. Although i would have prefered another striking option other than carroll.

I still think that, given the present financial climate, its not been a bad window till now: Just hasnt been a good one 

What do you mean by the current financial climate? NUFC are one of the few clubs cash rich... TV appearances and 5th finish & Shirt sponsorship has massively increased... Then next years bumper TV deal kicks in... We've a net spend of only £3m but it would be save to say that taking in what the new players will be on compare to those that of left we've probably spent minus this window... If nothing changes in the next 2days it's been a very poor window... Missed opportunity to build on 5th... Possible extra competition to try and win... Give believe to the players who signed and re-signed last season... And just as importantly give something to the fans... I agree with others on hear not wanting Carroll... More versatile striker and Debuchy please...

Guest neesy111

Has Carroll himself actually made any comments over the summer?

Say's a lot in itself.

Apparently Carroll wants to fight for his place actually, clearly Rodgers is trying to force him out.

Say's a lot in itself.

Apparently Carroll wants to fight for his place actually, clearly Rodgers is trying to force him out.

Fair enough, but I've not read any quotes directly from him on the matter.

Say's a lot in itself.

Why would he? He's happy enough to pick his 90 grand wage packet with rumours flying around, he couldn't give a toss. Not bothered enough to force a move away for first team football showing an incredible lack of ambition but like most footballers these days, it's all about the money.

Carroll's latest quotes about wanting to stay are clearly a message to Liverpool that if they don't accept the NUFC bid he is not going anywhere else (i.e. West Ham). Wouldn't surprise me if someone at NUFC is speaking to his agent and telling him what to say to get a move.

Say's a lot in itself.

Why would he? He's happy enough to pick his 90 grand wage packet with rumours flying around, he couldn't give a toss. Not bothered enough to force a move away for first team football showing an incredible lack of ambition but like most footballers these days, it's all about the money.

True, but it's easy pointing finger for those of us that aren't in that situation. Money does things to all people, not just footballers. However, he won't starve on half of that and he'll be playing more at NUFC. Should be enough to make the move, especially if he didn't want to move in the first place.

Carroll's latest quotes about wanting to stay are clearly a message to Liverpool that if they don't accept the NUFC bid he is not going anywhere else (i.e. West Ham). Wouldn't surprise me if someone at NUFC is speaking to his agent and telling him what to say to get a move.

Quotes?

Anyway, I had wondered that myself but telling a player to say he wants to stay doesn't seem the best way to get a good price. :lol:

Say's a lot in itself.

Well that's one cynical way of looking at it. You could also argue that he's staying silent as he wants to join us (or just leave Liverpool), but is worried he'd burn his bridges by saying something if a move doesn't materialise.

I don't know either way, but I personally think he's keeping quiet because he wants to join us.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty

Spoken to West Ham co-owner David Gold who told me "it would be a miracle" if they put a deal together for Andy Carroll before the deadline.

Gold said re. Carroll: "It would be a miracle but you never know.We did come close to doing a deal but it didn't happen."

Say's a lot in itself.

Well that's one cynical way of looking at it. You could also argue that he's staying silent as he wants to join us (or just leave Liverpool), but is worried he'd burn his bridges by saying something if a move doesn't materialise.

I don't know either way, but I personally think he's keeping quiet because he wants to join us.

If he was that desperate to move to us, he could force this move through the press and his attitude however he's clearly happy to go about it in this exemplary manner (excellent attitude, no press involved, just head down and get on with it). If the opportunity arose where he could come back to us I’m sure he would be straight back but I don't think he's bothered in the slightest as he is still happy to sit and pick up Liverpool's money with the odd appearance here and there.

I make the assumption that, given the current revenue streams vs the much publicised "prudent" management policy currently in place (this is to say nothing of the rather large debt / loan we still owe Ashley), it is not unreasonable to assume that whilst in the throws of our period of consolodation, as it were, we wont be getting inolved in the kind of reckless spending recently undertaken by, say King kenny or the Albainians.

I Dont argue that this is only, or even the correct way to progress, I simply accept it as a fact of life under big Mike.

Can i just add that i would much rather the club persue the current wage structure rather than spunking moon money on Astro Cocks such as Micheal Owen, Mark Viduka, Damien Duff...etc   

Guest johnson293

Probably Twitter bollocks, but AC related so....

‏@KOPWATCH

Twist: Newcastle have bid £2m loan fee for Carroll and £15m at end of loan. #LFC

@nufcawaytickets: A little bird has told me Andy Carroll will be an #NUFC player very shortly! Don't know what to make of his return to be honest

@nufcawaytickets: For all asking, trustworthy source who is close to the brother of Carver, was informed of the Anita/amalfitano transfers weeks in advance

Say's a lot in itself.

Damn that Rogers and his passing football ethos.