West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I saw a bit of him tonight and he still looks over-reliant on the physical side.

What the fuck do you expect when the blokes 6'4", a great header of the ball and his physicality scares the shit out of defenders.

Worth £10m all day long imo, but he'd have to take a pay cut to come back here.

We need his presence in the team, would add a dimension we're currently missing and would score some crucial goals for us. However I'm worried it would fuel Pardews desire for hoofball and iradecate an excellent midfield.

We need his presence in the team, would add a dimension we're currently missing and would score some crucial goals for us. However I'm worried it would dual Pardews desire for hoofball and iradecate an excellent midfield.

That's exactly what we're doing now now :lol:

We need his presence in the team, would add a dimension we're currently missing and would score some crucial goals for us. However I'm worried it would dual Pardews desire for hoofball and iradecate an excellent midfield.

That's exactly what we're doing now now :lol:

I mean more so without any attempt to play it through midfield. With Carroll he'd have the perfect excuse!

I saw a bit of him tonight and he still looks over-reliant on the physical side.

What the fuck do you expect when the blokes 6'4", a great header of the ball and his physicality scares the shit out of defenders.

Yeah, but I think there's a limit to how good a player he can become and therefore what level of football he can play. He's not good enough for Liverpool but good enough for West Ham and us at the present moment.

The question is - is he good enough for where we're aiming? He'd be a useful member of any squad, but I wouldn't want to build our team around him.

Guest hobshobs

What the f*** do you expect when the blokes 6'4", a great header of the ball and his physicality scares the s*** out of defenders.

Yeah, but I think there's a limit to how good a player he can become and therefore what level of football he can play. He's not good enough for Liverpool but good enough for West Ham and us at the present moment.

According to Pardew, Shola is good enough for us.

What the f*** do you expect when the blokes 6'4", a great header of the ball and his physicality scares the s*** out of defenders.

According to Pardew, Shola is good enough for us.

Ouch. :lol:

The question is - is he good enough for where we're aiming? He'd be a useful member of any squad, but I wouldn't want to build our team around him.

It's not that he isn't good enough for Liverpool, its he doesn't fit into what they want to do.

If it was about just being good enough they wouldn't have loaned him in the first place, they are trying to have a team which is built around Suarez and he doesn't fit into that.

It's not that he isn't good enough for Liverpool, its he doesn't fit into what they want to do.

If it was about just being good enough they wouldn't have loaned him in the first place, they are trying to have a team which is built around Suarez and he doesn't fit into that.

Think he would add another dimension to their game, it's all nice playing a passing game but they will have to mix it up at some point. 

Not sure what Rodgers is playing at, but I think it's not just the playing side that he sees Carroll not fitting in.

Those late night outings and lack of full commitment to fitness may have more to do with it.

I just think Brenda couldn't be arsed to try and make him work, have the media distraction of the £35m misfit who can't get a start and what he'd do with him.

Liverpool have a style, give the ball to Saurez and hope he scores, don't think it's anything to crow about and don't think it's anything Carroll couldn't play in.

I think he'll probably be back and HBA will go the other way, and who could blame him.

I don't see that happening at all. Straight cash transfer should suffice. Rodgers wouldn't be so daft as to request HBA in return for a player he has no use for.

I think he'll be back and I'd be quite happy. Seems to be enough of a buzz in the local press, and can see Ashley seeing it as good business considering what we sold him for. I still have a soft spot for having a geordie up front and I think he's a good player who's not worth 35mil and has had his confidence knocked.

I previously said I wouldn't fancy taking him back - but if he's gonna be the player he was before he left, and as long as we didn't have to give HBA as part of the deal, then I'd welcome him with open arms and legs.