West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krul

MYM            Taylor          New CB

Debuchy                  Cabaye                          Santon

Sissoko                          Ben Arfa               

Carroll      Cisse

:wat:

6 goals in all comps this season.

How many assists? 1? In an Allardyce team with Nolan....

Not for me.

Rather put the money towards PEA.

I bet the vast, vast majority would prefer PEA (massively unlikely) but he most likely wouldn't fit in here.

He'd stand a better chance of fitting in with HBA, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye than Carroll would.

Why Marveaux isn't anymore in any team sheet ?

He'd be in mine instead of Tiote for most of our home games and a few away from home.

Really won me over in the last couple of months, Marveaux. Very effective in tight areas and magic when in space.

Why Marveaux isn't anymore in any team sheet ?

He'd be in mine instead of Tiote for most of our home games and a few away from home.

Really won me over in the last couple of months, Marveaux. Very effective in tight areas and magic when in space.

Magic?

What, as in he vanishes?

Joke, he is good when it's tight (overhead at the vicarage....)

I think Marveaux was always going to 'come good' to some extent once he got that run of games. The worry with him is if another injury comes round and sets him back again.

Yep, also if we can get him into the match enough, and he can be effective over the full 90.

Not sure about a very one-footed Santon on the left mind. In a system with wingbacks you are pretty much dependent on the wingbacks to provide width. Santon is never gonna send in quality crosses regularly.

On the topic of wing backs i don't know if people remember this, but in their first few games together before disrupted by injury Santon and Debuchy were practically wing backs anyway.

Their average positions were practically on the half way line, sometimes in Debuchy's case even further :lol: so not a lot changes there tbh.

Honestly my main worry with that formation proposed is Santon and Tiote, Tiote because for a system like that i believe you need a better footballer and someone a lot smarter.

Santon because unlike Debuchy he doesn't seem to know when to go forward and when to stay back yet.

Krul

MYM            Taylor          New CB

Debuchy                  Cabaye                          Santon

Sissoko                          Ben Arfa               

Carroll      Cisse

:wat:

Wiganball. :sweetjesus:

On the topic of wing backs i don't know if people remember this, but in their first few games together before disrupted by injury Santon and Debuchy were practically wing backs anyway.

Their average positions were practically on the half way line, sometimes in Debuchy's case even further :lol: so not a lot changes there tbh.

Honestly my main worry with that formation proposed is Santon and Tiote, Tiote because for a system like that i believe you need a better footballer and someone a lot smarter.

Santon because unlike Debuchy he doesn't seem to know when to go forward and when to stay back yet.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2012/8/16/1345137781598/Vurnon-Anita-after-signin-008.jpg

Any particular reason why the majority of your posts are about Vurnon Anita? Are you him?

I was just asking. You seem to be going on about him all the time. Bit weird.

I'm a big fan of Anita as well. He's a very good footballer who's woefully misused in this squad. I tend to bring him up in most discussions of our central midfield tbh.

I was just asking. You seem to be going on about him all the time. Bit weird.

If by all the time, you mean a discussion where, someone brought up his physicality and a good 2/3 people also discussed him. Then yup its proper weird.

OOH BURN!