West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He doesn't get the importance of the fixture, being from Landan.

To be honest, I've been bored senseless since the match hearing vague platitudes about them 'wanting it more', 'knowing what it meant' and being more 'up for it'. I heard two guys on the bus home yesterday discussing the match and this is all they talked about. What are you even talking about man, it was such a shit discussion. You can't rationalise the entire game in such a simple manner, or maybe in some cases you can - but not on Sunday. Sunday was the culmination of 2 years of shit-awful coaching from our manager finally being shown in the most blatant manner possible, yet people still don't want to point the finger at the idiot and instead go on about a load of simplistic nonsense that we didn't run enough or something. Most of the matchgoing public have become brainwashed disciples of Pardew, it's amazing.

Really good post amongst all the the trivial stuff.

To be honest, I've been bored senseless since the match hearing vague platitudes about them 'wanting it more', 'knowing what it meant' and being more 'up for it'. I heard two guys on the bus home yesterday discussing the match and this is all they talked about. What are you even talking about man, it was such a shit discussion. You can't rationalise the entire game in such a simple manner, or maybe in some cases you can - but not on Sunday. Sunday was the culmination of 2 years of shit-awful coaching from our manager finally being shown in the most blatant manner possible, yet people still don't want to point the finger at the idiot and instead go on about a load of simplistic nonsense that we didn't run enough or something. Most of the matchgoing public have become brainwashed disciples of Pardew, it's amazing.

Most people do want to point the finger at the manager, at least on the internet.

Most people do want to point the finger at the manager, at least on the internet.

He was talking about the match going public I think.

I must admit I have no connection to the club, it's more felipaos club now than it is mine, there's nothing there for me. Club owned, ran and managed by cockneys, a team full of imports because it costs less, while the fans talk of false positions and wear berets flying French flags, it's just not me.

I'm sorry to get in to this with you personally feli, your a good kid and poster, I'm just through with it all. Nothing left for me to support.

Reading that I think of

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/256710/not-my-waterpark

Toon Taylor mix of South Park Water Park.

What has happened to this place

Out of my St James' Park (my St James' Park)

:lol:

Haha, brilliant.

Newcastle United will attempt to bring Andy Carroll back to Newcastle United for just £7 million this summer as they insist Liverpool have to be realistic about their asking price for a striker they do not want to keep.

With West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce conceding it is too expensive for him to consider turning Carroll’s loan into a permanent move at the end of the season, Newcastle appear to be the only realistic destination for the England international.

West Ham have an option to buy Carroll when his loan deal expires next month, but at £17 million and with wages of £90,000 a week, he is out of their price range ahead of the introduction of Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations.

That has reopened the door for Newcastle, but managing director Derek Llambias will not consider going anywhere near the £17 million Liverpool are looking to recoup for a player manager Brendan Rodgers has no intention of using.

Instead, Newcastle will open the bidding at £7 million, although they are willing to negotiate and could raise their bid to the £10 million they were willing to pay last summer before Carroll went on loan to West Ham.

Carroll is very much a priority target for Newcastle manager Alan Pardew. His side have lacked any goal threat from corners and free-kicks, something Carroll automatically brings.

Newcastle have not scored from a corner since playing Wolverhampton Wanderers in October 2011, a total of 277 wasted set-piece crosses, which has led to criticism of Pardew and his coaching staff .

The 24-year-old’s physical and combative style, allied to his excellent hold-up play with his back to goal, means Carroll is also seen as the perfect partner for poacher Papiss Demba Cissé at St James’ Park.

Liverpool will be reluctant to sell Carroll back to Newcastle for anything less than £15 million, though, given they spent a British record of £35 million to sign him in January 2011.

Although Newcastle also asked to loan their former No 9 last season with an option to buy before he went to West Ham, Liverpool refused to enter into negotiations with them.

Rodgers has been credited with an interest in Newcastle’s star player, Hatem Ben Arfa, and a potential swap deal had been mooted on Merseyside.

However, that is highly unlikely to get beyond the idea stage. Ben Arfa was adamant in an interview last week that he did not want to leave Newcastle, and Pardew did not want to sell him, even if it helped bring Carroll “back home”.

Liverpool will definitely look to sell Carroll when the transfer window opens as Rodgers has already admitted he “is too expensive to be a substitute”, but potential destinations are limited.

Carroll does not want to go abroad and there are few clubs with the means to sign a player who, for all his attributes, has not yet lived up to the goalscoring potential he showed as a teenager on Tyneside.

Although Carroll has scored six goals in his last 10 appearances, that is still only six in 22 for the whole season. Since leaving Newcastle 27 months ago, he has only managed 12 league goals.

Key to Newcastle’s confidence is the fact they know Carroll wants to join them as he is keen to return to his native North-East and, privately, admitted when he signed for Liverpool that he would like to play for his hometown club again one day.

The biggest stumbling block for Newcastle should they manage to reach an agreement with Liverpool will be Carroll’s wages, but with a new television deal swelling the coffers should they win their relegation battle, the Newcastle hierarchy believe they can manage to put together a package to satisfy the striker and his advisers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9999216/Newcastle-United-will-try-to-sign-Andy-Carroll-for-7m-from-Liverpool.html

remember what this thread is about like;

http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article8479690.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/ANDY-CARROLL.JPG

Reminds me of the time I had piles.

Guest fraser

In respect of the transfer fee, time is a great healer. Liverpool will be less hurt by accepting a sensible offer this summer than last. It'll all form part of Brendan's big plan anyway and will cause no great reaction from the fans. Imo it's the best for all parties if it does happen. But as I've mentioned in another thread I know little of the technical aspect of football and how it might change us. Won't happen if we're relegated though.

Guest hatem garrincha

Shearer the racist:

Alan Shearer: "Sometimes in life you have to hold up your hands and say: 'We were poor' - however much it hurts.

"Newcastle did not deserve anything from the game, and the biggest concern for any fan was seeing the players in the red and white shirts wanting it more.

"The French guys who came into the Newcastle team have been doing well, but it didn't look like they realised the magnitude of this fixture.

"Generally, it has been much better since they arrived at the club in January and they have been playing well - but maybe they didn't understand the derby, as they didn't perform.

Shearer is not racist, he's just a little bit focused on England and "the" derby of North East (the same man who diidn't know Ben Arfa)

There are derby all over the world and everywhere you'll find fans who believe that their derby is THE derby.

It's not like these french players never played a derby in their country and "didn't understand"  :lol: what a derby mean.

Taylor does 'get' the derby. Too much. He's an idiot and a slightly above average player who is liable to have poor games in these environments due to his all-action style of play, IMO.

We could have really done with Colo at the back the last couple of weeks, especially with MYM not fully settled yet. Reckon we wouldn't have seen the mistakes out in Lisbon and certainly wouldn't have lost so convincingly on Sunday - the calming influence has been a huge loss.

Colo has been a huge miss.

I saw a bit of him tonight and he still looks over-reliant on the physical side.

He actually defends well, and would probably have been a half-decent centre back. I wonder if he's missed his calling.