West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still think he will come in to form and eventually prove that the £35 million isn't as rediculous as what people currently think By the way where did you hear that sturla ?

liverpool supporting mates.

Guest johnson293

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=638099

Liverpool are privately very disappointed with Carroll - not least off the pitch - and Newcastle have already let them know they will take him back if they will take a big loss. £18 million is the figure I have heard.

By no means a done deal but he is definitely on Newcastle's radar.

Kruul also a likely departure in one of the next two windows.

Good source - the same that told me Keegan was returning to Newcastle about 2 months before he did.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't want him back now.  Was very disappointed when he left but I think our team has evolved past him and he would struggle to fit into our playing style now.  We have a pretty well behaved group of professionals now also and his off the field antics would be needlessly disruptive in my opinion.

Old arguments here, but I will repeat, would take him back for 35m or less, with the interest accrued it doesn't matter on the fee we'd have still made money. People under delusions still that money for sold players will be invested in players and not in more SD advertising boards and stores. Oh right, agent fees, they were invented about a year ago right?

Old arguments here, but I will repeat, would take him back for 35m or less, with the interest accrued it doesn't matter on the fee we'd have still made money. People under delusions still that money for sold players will be invested in players and not in more SD advertising boards and stores. Oh right, agent fees, they were invented about a year ago right?

You would take him back for £35m? Seriously? Fucking hell man. :lol: :lol:

You would take him back for £35m? Seriously? f***ing hell man. :lol: :lol:

Why not? Rather have the money spent on the club than not. We wouldn't have gained/lost anything, whereas right now we are out of pocket by one future England no. 9.

Why not? Rather have the money spent on the club than not. We wouldn't have gained/lost anything, whereas right now we are out of pocket by one future England no. 9.

Future England No. 9. Piss off man. :lol:

I'd rather not have him here for any money, he wouldn't get in the team currently and it really will not be long until he is properly found out.

Future England No. 9. p*ss off man. :lol:

I'd rather not have him here for any money, he wouldn't get in the team currently and it really will not be long until he is properly found out.

Attempting to belittle someone's replies with laughing smilies and words blocked by the swear filter won't make me change my mind. I disagree on both your points.

Future England No. 9. p*ss off man. :lol:

Attempting to belittle someone's replies with laughing smilies and words blocked by the swear filter won't make me change my mind. I disagree on both your points.

That's good for you. :lol:

You're wrong, for what it's worth.

If the board were finally going to throw that £35m at one player, I'd rather it wasn't Carroll.

What a well educated reply.

You started it. :bluestar:

Let's try again then, how would he get into the team currently?

Portugal of the late 90's and early 00's, were a team of attacking midfielders propped up by a very good target man, Nuno Pinto. His job was to receive the ball, hold it up, and lay it off to his advancing team mates. Everything he did in his time here suggests he could do that aplomb. Himself up front with Ba, or alone would definitely fit into our playstyle. He could actually offer something in the build up play, which Best cannot do. I believe it's important to have a player up front dragging defenders about and running the channels to make space for our creative midfield to exploit. Players like Ben Arfa and (when he finally gets in the team) Marveaux (sp)

After spending time to get the club finances back on track, and having our scouting team pick out good talents for smaller prices, wouldn't we be going backwards paying big money for him, when we've already got 4 other strikers shortlisted who would all be available at a smaller price?

What a well educated reply.

You started it. :bluestar:

Let's try again then, how would he get into the team currently?

Portugal of the late 90's and early 00's, were a team of attacking midfielders propped up by a very good target man, Nuno Pinto. His job was to receive the ball, hold it up, and lay it off to his advancing team mates. Everything he did in his time here suggests he could do that aplomb. Himself up front with Ba, or alone would definitely fit into our playstyle. He could actually offer something in the build up play, which Best cannot do. I believe it's important to have a player up front dragging defenders about and running the channels to make space for our creative midfield to exploit. Players like Ben Arfa and (when he finally gets in the team) Marveaux (sp)

Not sure what Portugal has to do with this, Nuno Pinto is/was a different player to Andy Carroll.

Next you'll be saying we were a better team with him in it...

Guest johnson293

After spending time to get the club finances back on track, and having our scouting team pick out good talents for smaller prices, wouldn't we be going backwards paying big money for him, when we've already got 4 other strikers shortlisted who would all be available at a smaller price?

I dunno, if Liverpool wanna send him back, i'm sure we'd write off the last £5m installement due.