West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I do feel for those 96 lost, but how come so little is made of the fans who barged in without tickets and essentially caused the overcrowding?

Was common place in that era, wasn't it? Everyone was at it.

It was common place at the 2007 champions league final. Many of the ticketless scousers who charged through the gates there were wearing 96 t shirts too, ironically enough.

I do feel for those 96 lost, but how come so little is made of the fans who barged in without tickets and essentially caused the overcrowding?

Was common place in that era, wasn't it? Everyone was at it.

It was common place at the 2007 champions league final. Many of the ticketless scousers who charged through the gates there were wearing 96 t shirts too, ironically enough.

Nicking tickets off fellow fans as well.

The reason is because there is no eveidence that ticketless fans were the cause of Hillsborough.

“Sheffield Wednesday FC’s own admission count system showed the terrace did not exceed its 10,100 capacity (for the Leppings Lane end). As part of their analysis, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) counted the number of [Liverpool] supporters entering the ground, including those through the turnstiles, through Gate C and even those who climbed over the turnstiles. They gave three admission figures based on their analysis. Their first figure was 9,267, their ‘best estimate’ was 9,734, and their third figure was a ‘maximum estimate’ of 10,124. The HSE report stated it was unlikely that the terrace exceeded 10,124 and that total admissions were approximately equal to the designated capacity of 10,100 people. Taylor surmised there was no substance to the allegation that ticketless fans caused the Disaster,” The Hillsborough Football Disaster: Context And Consequences, page 17

Guest Heneage

The reason is because there is no eveidence that ticketless fans were the cause of Hillsborough.

“Sheffield Wednesday FC’s own admission count system showed the terrace did not exceed its 10,100 capacity (for the Leppings Lane end). As part of their analysis, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) counted the number of [Liverpool] supporters entering the ground, including those through the turnstiles, through Gate C and even those who climbed over the turnstiles. They gave three admission figures based on their analysis. Their first figure was 9,267, their ‘best estimate’ was 9,734, and their third figure was a ‘maximum estimate’ of 10,124. The HSE report stated it was unlikely that the terrace exceeded 10,124 and that total admissions were approximately equal to the designated capacity of 10,100 people. Taylor surmised there was no substance to the allegation that ticketless fans caused the Disaster,” The Hillsborough Football Disaster: Context And Consequences, page 17

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/794080.stm

???

On the subject of Carroll I don't get how he can't be fit he's had 6 months and a full pre-season.

Am I the only one who thinks making fun of RAWK for having a thread paying respect to their dead fans is harsh and a bit pointless? I agree it's a bit weird, but not really funny.

That's not what people are mocking. They're mocking the idea of a silent thread full of full stops.