West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sure I'd take him back, for prob anything less than 18M.  But for me, he is not an automatic starter - Ba/Best are in much better form than he currently is.  I'd take anyone who would improve our squad tbh.

After all his interviews and bollocks from last year, "i used to sit here and watch Alan Shearer, it's my dream come true, etc" to then turn his back on us will always leave a scar. He's tainted goods now.

Carroll's like the football equivalent of like Billie Piper. You want to but you know that Chris Evans has been there. Game over.

He was great for us, I don´t have any ill feelings towards him, but I as many others have doubts about him in the current team. I reckon he would look much like he currently does at Liverpool the way we play now, and although he would be an excellent choice up top when we are struggling to dictate the play I would not have him back for anything over £10m.

Kanji: £17.9m is quite a fee for a squad player. :lol:

He was great for us, I don´t have any ill feelings towards him, but I as many others have doubts about him in the current team. I reckon he would look much like he currently does at Liverpool the way we play now, and although he would be an excellent choice up top when we are struggling to dictate the play I would not have him back for anything over £10m.

Kanji: £17.9m is quite a fee for a squad player. :lol:

That's what I thought when I read that. :lol:

Some serious underrating of his ability in here IYAM.

Yes, he's an absolute tank of a lad who absolutely dominates in the air, but he's a mobile fella for his size and has a pretty decent touch. He's far from being a one trick pony and I'd stick him in the team ahead of any of our strikers in a flash if he was still at the club.

That said, I think it was a good deal for the club when we sold him and if we were going to spend 20m or so I reckon we'd do much better spending it on two or three players than throwing it all at bringing Carroll back.

Spot on. If Dalglish isn't getting the best out of him, it's down to Dalglish being a c***. Carroll is more than just a threat in the air - ask Sunderland. But when all you do is get Carragher to lump the ball up to him with his back to goal, he's got no chance. They need to get early balls in from wide areas which catch centre-backs on the turn, but Dogleash seemingly can't see it.

Ironic - and damning - that he sold Ferdinand all those years ago, then spent so much on a player who thrives on the exact same type of service.

Have to say I agree with Sewelly,we're simply in need of reinforcement elsewhere,still think two great a full back and centre back would be the main improvement.

i'm inlcuding Santon in the two full backs btw, I mean improvement to the first team

Ironic - and damning - that he sold Ferdinand all those years ago, then spent so much on a player who thrives on the exact same type of service.

I think it was more a financial decision rather than him not rating Ferdinand, the same thing happened with Keegan where he was told he had to sell players to raise money to pay the banks, then the club could borrow to buy players again.

I think they suggested selling Ferdinand that time too IIRC.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Also any sell on fee would be on money that he goes for over £35 million, that's the way it usually works.

Eh? Can you substantiate that claim?

Also any sell on fee would be on money that he goes for over £35 million, that's the way it usually works.

I thought it was pretty well known tbh and I can't really be bothered to look up articles to prove the point.

I thought it was pretty well known tbh and I can't really be bothered to look up articles to prove the point.

Not sure that's set in stone tbh, I think it's normally the case these days as it makes no sense otherwise however I don't think it's always been the case and it probably doesn't happen in every transfer.

Wouldn't have him back. 

That team and that time is gone.  It wouldn't be like we're just getting 17m - or 20m, 25m, etc - for free and keeping the player we had then.  His Barton and Nolan are gone.  Nah.  It just doesn't feel right. 

I've always had it a % of any fee and I never heard of the above  :sad:

It can be, it depends on what the clubs agree on, who knows what was agreed with this deal.

At the time it was stated '25% of ANY future fee' and that has stuck in most peoples minds.

I guess Liverpool were planning never to sell.

Carroll when in form and fully fit is pretty quick, he had a degree of pace which i guess you would do at 21...lets not act like he is a statue man! You can improve his touch (which again i dont think is that bad in the first place)...

How's Carroll suddenly turned shit? He's clearly not been fit enough since signing for Liverpool, and it doesn't help that they have a fucktard for a manager, and some serious cunts in the squad, not to mention that it's the most vile and pretentious football club in the world. The lad is full of quality, and LFC paid what they thought he would be worth in a few years. I'm delighted we fleeced them, but would I have him back for half the price provided he has no new terminal injury concerns? Yes, in a heartbeat.

Rather have Ba, thanks. It's about as tempting as Marmite - and I rate Carroll.

Yup you sure did rated Carroll even saying that he was better than Suarez  :lol:

How times have changed. Quite a few (valiantly led by the likes of Wullie) was not willing to sell him for even 50 million when he was sold. I want us to get one more striker in January but no thanks to Carroll. As for his current value, probbaly around the 12M mark now

Yup you sure did rated Carroll even saying that he was better than Suarez  :lol:

How times have changed. Quite a few (valiantly led by the likes of Wullie) was not willing to sell him for even 50 million when he was sold. I want us to get one more striker in January but no thanks to Carroll. As for his current value, probbaly around the 12M mark now

That's what being a football fan is all about. We're allowed to be contrary and hypocritical.

In January it did feel like Carroll was worth £50 million to us but 10 months on and it's beginning to look like his transfer for £15 million shy of that asking price is the best thing that has happened to us. I love Carroll and think he'll be a cracking striker eventually but would I have him back? No. Not when he's in this form and he'd cost that much.

Not that we'd sign him in these circumstances, like. Reduce the fee by £10 million and Mike will talk.

Did I? Either I'd spent the week sniffing glue or I simply didn't say that at all.

To be fair it wasn't just Ronaldo, their were a few claiming he was the best striker in the league.

To be fair it wasn't just Ronaldo, their were a few claiming he was the best striker in the league.

Tbf, I don't think anyone claimed he was the best striker in the league, it was more along the lines of he's been the best striker so far this season, which was probably correct.

Just read through twenty minutes worth of January 2011 deadline day chat in this thread. We've come a long way and not just as a team. A lot of people seemed at crisis point. If you'd said we'd be here in this position now at that point, I'd have told you to fuck off