West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After spending time to get the club finances back on track, and having our scouting team pick out good talents for smaller prices, wouldn't we be going backwards paying big money for him, when we've already got 4 other strikers shortlisted who would all be available at a smaller price?

:thup:

Can't understand the amount of people who think it will just go back to business as usual if he returns. Can't see him seamlessly fitting in if he came back. Attitude-wise, he could easily go the other way and think 'ah fuck it, I've come back to an easy ride, why bother'. And let's not forget that we've lost the likes of Barton and Nolan who were two of his biggest supporters.

No way in hell we should buy back Carroll for £35m, its crazy talk man....

There are so much better value elsewhere in the marked.

I would take him back for around £10M-12M.

And the swear filter you can turn off, maybe that change your opinion ;)

Remembering how I felt last February 1st, great to be able to say "meh" on the subject of him returning.

The only disappointment I felt on February 1st was that no one was joining me when I was dancing in the streets because of him leaving. :undecided:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Krul was brought in by Souness, he's been here fucking ages! I can't see why he'd want to leave!

and for Carroll - he made his choice and he chose Liverpool & their number 9 shirt.

Not a chance.  If the clubs stance when we sold him "he wanted a bigger contract therefore decideded to leave" will not sit pretty.  There is no chance we will match what he is now either.  Not going to happen.

Can't remember who it was but some figure from the football world was talking about this the other week and apparently he was on circa £30k per week at NUFC and Liverpool offered him £90k - he then went back to NUFC and said if you make my wages up to £55k I'll stay and they said it was too late and the deal was done.

After spending time to get the club finances back on track, and having our scouting team pick out good talents for smaller prices, wouldn't we be going backwards paying big money for him, when we've already got 4 other strikers shortlisted who would all be available at a smaller price?

I dunno, if Liverpool wanna send him back, i'm sure we'd write off the last £5m installement due.

So what difference does that make, other than us getting £5m less, so essentially just adding £5m to the fee we'd be playing. Could add as well that the other strikers we're looking at would fit into our style of play better, and be on lower wages.

Even for £12m, I think we could get better players - or at least players more suited to our style - than Carroll. That before his new wages come into the equation. Its a complete non-starter at the minute, although I don't doubt that he'll be back one day.

Guest johnson293

I dunno, if Liverpool wanna send him back, i'm sure we'd write off the last £5m installement due.

So what difference does that make, other than us getting £5m less, so essentially just adding £5m to the fee we'd be playing. Could add as well that the other strikers we're looking at would fit into our style of play better, and be on lower wages.

My comment was tongue in cheek - i.e. they just send him back, and we don't get the final installment of the £35m (£30m paid up front)? Thus, we'd be getting him for nowt or £5m whichever way you look at it.

As I say...was meant to be a joke.

He'd not be the ideal striker for Ben Arfa at No 10 but I'd hope that they could sort it out. We shouldnt forget some of the performances he put in and he's still a young lad who needs to settle down. Competition for 1 place up front with him & Ba would be great.

For 15M I'd take him back in a heart beat. A real no brainer for me. We don't have a striker who can put the fear of god in defenders and that's what is needed at times. AC has that in spades.

Pardew said he wanted to leave; I get the impression he was a pawn between clubs and his agent.

Guest firetotheworks

Hypothetically, the Carroll that we let go would be even more effective in this team imo, which would be fucking incredible. He doesn't look the same player since he left though, and it obviously won't happen.

Hypothetically, the Carroll that we let go would be even more effective in this team imo, which would be f***ing incredible. He doesn't look the same player since he left though, and it obviously won't happen.

Completely disagree. I think Andy Carroll is one of those players that will prosper for a mid-table side where it's completely based on him but put him in a better side where he has to adapt and isn't the main man, he flounders. Just look at Sturridge, he was a great success at Bolton, then moves back to Chelsea and he continues where he left off, even though he's in a different position, system and playing at a much higher level.

We have a better striker now, in Demba Ba. He's not as outstanding in certain areas, well just heading, but he has no real weakness to his offensive game and has proven in his career that he is a versatile forward. If we're going to move forward with HBA as our 10, then Ba is the perfect foil for him but Carroll would have been a hinderance imo.

Wouldnt pay no where near £20mil for Carroll the way he is playing and the way we are playing actually. Doesnt look anywhere close to a £20million striker as it stands.

This. But then again, Carroll (circa 2010) as part of a quartet of Jonas, Ben Arfa and Marveaux sounds really tempting...

The only reason i would want him back is to shove Loven further down the pecking order. We are playing much better football without him, so no thanks.

If he's made available we have to bring him back as long as the fee is reasonable. Here he still has a great chance of developing in to the player Liverpool thought they'd bought.

Can see us getting him back in 5 years for nowt, returning just before his peak.