West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not, can't see him kicking off and there is no evidence of this "Ashley flogs all our best players" myth that comes out pretty much every window.

He sells when they want to leave, I don't like him one bit but there is enough to hate the bloke for without making stuff up.

Spot on. If you look at the players we've flogged over the last few years, milner was absolute gash for two seasons before he was sold, given was desperate to get away, and the rest were fleeing what they seen as a sinking ship.

I'm not, can't see him kicking off and there is no evidence of this "Ashley flogs all our best players" myth that comes out pretty much every window.

He sells when they want to leave, I don't like him one bit but there is enough to hate the bloke for without making stuff up.

Spot on. If you look at the players we've flogged over the last few years, milner was absolute gash for two seasons before he was sold, given was desperate to get away, and the rest were fleeing what they seen as a sinking ship.

Milner wasn't that bad tbh. But the money we've got for him was too good to turn down really. The difference with Carroll is, he's not replacable.

Agree fully on carroll. Milner was a winger who couldn't cross for shit. He hadn't progessed and had arguably gone backwards in the season before he left. At the time i thought it was a cracking deal for us.

As long as we're willing to resist bids, I think we're fine for now - he'll want to stay.

The problem will come once his personal ambition outstrips that of Ashley for the club. If he carries on at this rate then that might not be too long.

Its annoying as hell but as long as Carroll is Newcastle's player and Fat Ash is making the decisions, then he'll be continually linked with a move away.

I've no doubt that he wants to stay but if someone offered the club a good price, you could easily see Ashley cashing in and spending a fraction on a poor replacement

Been told to expect headlines about Carroll tomorrow.

Did I miss the headlines ?

Looks like it was another load of WUM shite. Cheers neesy :thup:

It was probably this: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58769.msg2690343.html#msg2690343

Shocking stuff.

Superb article.  Seriously, whoever is responsible deserves some credit. 

(at least, as it made me laugh)

he wont leave now or in the summer.

if the club manage to progress and dont make silly headlines  the next couple of years he will stay....unless the offer is too good to refuse!

he is still young and wants to play for us! it will be the best place for him to get first team football for some time

If he keeps on improving at the rate he is then we won't be able to keep him unfortunately. He'll have ambitions and soon realise that they won't be fulfilled here whilst Ashley is running the gaff.

Every player at every club has his price and Carroll's no different. That price will vary from person to person but not many would turn down something stupid like £35m in the summer if City or Chelsea want him badly enough. Reality sucks.

£35 million doesn't feel enough to me. Would slap £40 million on him meself. Only in the summer though, so we've got time to reinforce. But right there is the issue. Ashley probably won't allow us to rebuild the team properly :(

£35 million doesn't feel enough to me. Would slap £40 million on him meself. Only in the summer though, so we've got time to reinforce. But right there is the issue. Ashley probably won't allow us to rebuild the team properly :(

Fair enough, £40m would do it for you. My point is that if someone offers the right amount, whatever that may be, then he'll be off.

Money talks.

That's why I say about reinforcements. I'm thinking if I was the decision maker. But with Ashley in charge, we absolutely need to keep him, as we just wouldn't be allowed to rebuild the team to a sufficient amount.

No amount of money is enough. If we sell him, just what's the point?

This is where we are as a club. I don't like it any more than you and I'd fight desperately to keep him but at the end of the day we all know he'll move on to a bigger and better club where he can win things and earn megastar money.

He's a diamond and this NUFC team is too small for him.