West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speculation aside a search of Twitter for him brought up this picture..

http://www.soccerbible.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/general.2011.January/Jan_5F00_carrollsign_5F00_clos.jpg

I'm sure he can always pursue a career in modelling when the football's over. :lol:

Guest neesy111

He shouldn't be sold unless it's above 40M for a number of reasons.

1) There is a total lack of decent strikers out there currently, hence why teams like Spurs are struggling to find one.

2) We should be stating a matter of intent that we want to build a team around Carroll.

3) If Carroll is sold it could be the final straw for a few fans as to me he's given NUFC fans hope this season and it's great to have a proper number 9 again after Martins failed to do much at the club.

Guest neesy111

The media creates bullshit, fans perpetuate bullshit.

I do no believe for one second the players are telling hotel staff that Carroll has been sold.

I'm sure we heard something a few weeks back as well, also those twats on NUFC.com were even fuelling the fire.

We hear something every week "Oww Newcastle have a decent player, he MUST be on the verge of a transfer ". We had it every window with Owen too, unfortunately he wasn't taken off our hands.

It's just very frustrating, I hate living with the next disappointment at the forefront of our minds. Living with a constant expectation of disappointment is a fucking depressing way to go on.

Guest neesy111

We hear something every week "Oww Newcastle have a decent player, he MUST be on the verge of a transfer ". We had it every window with Owen too, unfortunately he wasn't taken off our hands.

It's just very frustrating, I hate living with the next disappointment at the forefront of our minds. Living with a constant expectation of disappointment is a fucking depressing way to go on.

Tells everything about the Football Media in this country.

If an offer of 30 mil came on the table in the summer , without a doubt ashley wud be rubbing his hands n offload him.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Guest Tall Striker

There's no chairman in the league who wouldn't.  Where the hell they got that sort of cash though?

Qualifying for the CL latter stages, plus sale of Keane, plus standard transfer kitty?

Is Spuds as good as it gets for Carroll? He's better than Chamahk (sp) and Drogba's playing and scoring less now. Balotelli, Tevez, and Adebayor are also hardly the epitome of stability. At Citeh he'd get Rooney money.

I'm sure we wouldn't be able to replicate it, but they sold their best striker for 30mill and it has done them much harm. Just saying like. Like them though, a bidding war involving Citeh is the best way to go. It put seven or eight million on the price of Berbatov.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm quite comfortable with the situation tbh

Spurs are testing the water IMHO, similar to our pursuit of Rooney. I'm sure his agent will alert bigger fish who will outbid spurs.

I would absolutely love to keep him and I am convinced he will stay a couple of years. If by then we are still scraping relegation I would not begrudge him a move to man utd or even man city for top dollar.

He has unfinished business here. And in 2 years if we are top 8 who knows?