West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he's good enough to play for one of the regular CL clubs, he'll end up playing for one of those clubs. I imagine we might be able to hang on to him for a couple of seasons, though.

yup, just so long as its one of the actual big clubs then i could stick it but spurs..........

I'm not too worried about losing Carroll even in the summer. I was at the beginning of the month, but as long as we've established ourselves as a European club in two seasons or so I would think we can keep him. Maybe not for his whole career, but for most of it.

My guess is Ashley will sell when he gets about £50m, and with Andy continuing to improve that will happen if not next year, the year after. Just my guess =)

My guess is Ashley will sell when he gets about £50m, and with Andy continuing to improve that will happen if not next year, the year after. Just my guess =)

Some people on here are delusional, why not go the full stretch and say that he will break Ronaldo's transfer fees at $80m, just $30m more  :lol:

Guest Loven11

Would anybody accept us selling Carroll for £30m+?

Simple answer, no. I really want us to keep him and as long as he is happy to stay with us then I wouldn't accept any offer even if it is over 30m.

Nope. Too late to get anyone in and with our wage structure we can't attract anybody prolific anyway. As somebody else said, the longer we hang onto him the higher the price goes so to sell now is dumb on every level.

Guest kingdawson

Sorry but is this confirmed?

that the bids rejected? ssn and pa sports both said it and if pa say it happened then it happened.

Fair enough. Didn't know it was on SSN tbh.

Nope. Too late to get anyone in and with our wage structure we can't attract anybody prolific anyway. As somebody else said, the longer we hang onto him the higher the price goes so to sell now is dumb on every level.

So how much higher then £30m+ will we ever get for Carroll? only future can tell i suppose

If he continues to progress at anything like the rate he has in the last twelve months then who knows?

Wasn't Milner's total value £32m? (£24m + Ireland who was rated at £8m).

In that context, if Carroll carries on progressing at the same rate then £50m in two years might not be that unrealistic.

At this point, Ashley would be mad to sell for anything under £40m.

Bang on. :nods:

A player like him comes onto the market once every 10 years or so. At the slightest hint he could move on then the really big boys will scramble to get him.