West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wasn't Milner's total value £32m? (£24m + Ireland who was rated at £8m).

In that context, if Carroll carries on progressing at the same rate then £50m in two years might not be that unrealistic.

It all depends on what you use as your benchmark. If you use the silly Milner figure (would he fetch the same price now?), then yes I can see your point of Carroll going beyond $40M. But if you take Bent at 24M or the likes of Suarez and Dzeko as your benchmark, then Carroll would be closer to the $30m mark ($27m-$32m)

I just can't see why he'd go to them, I'm seriously not worried. This will be their last season in the champions league, maybe for at least the next 10 years at least. I think he'll go but he'll be on a decent contract, playing for his team in his home city, there's no need to go now and he won't.

To be honest, value is relative to the circumstances of the selling-club, not the transfer fees that have been paid for similar players.

Exactly. The whole "Well Milner went for £25 million means..." argument doesn't really work like that unfortunately.

Would anybody accept us selling Carroll for £30m+?

Nope. Too late to get anyone in and with our wage structure we can't attract anybody prolific anyway. As somebody else said, the longer we hang onto him the higher the price goes so to sell now is dumb on every level.

So how much higher then £30m+ will we ever get for Carroll? only future can tell i suppose

Can't help but think this is missing the point somewhat. If we can keep him for 10 years and he's banging goals in during that time £30m would be a meaningless sum, tbh.

funny thing is redkapp has the cheek to cry whenever anyone from another club even talks about bale, yet his club keep coming back for someone we have said over and over is not forsale

funny thing is redkapp has the cheek to cry whenever anyone from another club even talks about bale, yet his club keep coming back for someone we have said over and over is not forsale

he knows everyone is for sale and all they are doing is making bids. obviously the lower bids are dsigned to make it known that his club are interested.

Tottenham can fuck right off. £23m is so low that it's not even laughable. This is a bid from the same club who in the last month have been told to walk after both £25m, and £30m bids. Now it's about time Spurs were reported for trying to unsettle a player, they have been told he's not for sale.

£23m, fuck off, Liverpool have just signed a player who is unproven in the Premiership, and who is older than Carroll, and more importantly, not Home grown for £22m. Spurs themselves have valued Jenas at £10m, Bent who is older than Carroll has just went for a deal that could end up at £24m.

Carroll does have a price, and that price because of his hype and the amount of money big teams can throw about these day has to be around the £100m. I kid you not, that is the price I would tell any English club who came into bid for him. This guy is the new Shearer, he is England's next no9, he has a lot more potential, and he has a lot of years ahead of him.

Tottenham can f*** right off. £23m is so low that it's not even laughable. This is a bid from the same club who in the last month have been told to walk after both £25m, and £30m bids. Now it's about time Spurs were reported for trying to unsettle a player, they have been told he's not for sale.

£23m, f*** off, Liverpool have just signed a player who is unproven in the Premiership, and who is older than Carroll, and more importantly, not Home grown for £22m. Spurs themselves have valued Jenas at £10m, Bent who is older than Carroll has just went for a deal that could end up at £24m.

Carroll does have a price, and that price because of his hype and the amount of money big teams can throw about these day has to be around the £100m. I kid you not, that is the price I would tell any English club who came into bid for him. This guy is the new Shearer, he is England's next no9, he has a lot more potential, and he has a lot of years ahead of him.

What?

Tottenham can f*** right off. £23m is so low that it's not even laughable. This is a bid from the same club who in the last month have been told to walk after both £25m, and £30m bids. Now it's about time Spurs were reported for trying to unsettle a player, they have been told he's not for sale.

£23m, f*** off, Liverpool have just signed a player who is unproven in the Premiership, and who is older than Carroll, and more importantly, not Home grown for £22m. Spurs themselves have valued Jenas at £10m, Bent who is older than Carroll has just went for a deal that could end up at £24m.

What?

Well, reported bids/enquiries at those figures.

What?

Well, reported bids/enquiries at those figures.

come back when you can link official bids to those prices.

What?

He said:

I just want to enjoy watching Carroll for at least a couple of seasons banging in the goals for us and improving as a player before we

think about selling him. 

I can accept that he will move on in time but just not yet and please not to Spurs. 

I would never have believed that he would be so highly sought after 6 months ago - the only clubs interested then were Wolves and Stoke.

You know Wearside is going to post that on RTG as "evidence" about "mag delusion", right?

£20 million more than Cronaldo? Better to say "Not for sale" than come out with this guff