West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bookies odd get slashed due to people hoying money on them...not fucking rocket science is it?

Presser put back due to Ireland signing and a.an.other possibly.

Fuck me if we rejected 30m I'm guessing either that fat cunt in charge wants more, or simply we are not selling no matter what the price.

If Newcastle turn down 30m for Andy Carroll they're absolutely mental. That's an outrageous offer for someone who has only had a good six months in the Premiership.

Does his role and value to the club he is at not become a factor?

What about his potential?

What good is £30m today? We can't exactly do a lot with it in the next few hours and if we did I would be worried it would not be spent well.

Can we attract a replacement as good as Carroll and with the potential he has? No.

Are we in a position where we need £30m because we need to rebuild our entire team? No.

We need to keep Carroll and our other key players and build, we're only a few very good signings away from having a very good team here imo. Can we get those signings in the next few windows? Time will tell but selling Carroll now, even for £30M, would be idiotic.

All this talk of £30m and you seem to forget that it's about more than just his ability and half a season in the Premier League, there are so many more factors than that.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

I don't think we will reject an offer higher than 35m.  Gotta prepared for the worst.

Don't understand the "prepared for the worst" comment to be honest - you'll be getting a lot more than he's worth and by the start of next season will most likely be a much stronger squad for having re-invested the money.

You've been doing more than fine without him for some time now - I really do fail to see how his half a good season have made him Wayne Rooney overnight?

Remember everyone: UEFA spending limits linked to clubs' income kicks-in in June meaning fees will tumble - hence crazy fees now. @nufcfans

Kind of works in our favour in a roundabout way. If we don't sell now, we're not likely to be offered more or even an equal amount in the summer, meaning we'd have absolutely no reason to sell.

Guest neesy111

If Newcastle turn down 30m for Andy Carroll they're absolutely mental. That's an outrageous offer for someone who has only had a good six months in the Premiership.

Does his role and value to the club he is at not become a factor?

What about his potential?

What good is £30m today? We can't exactly do a lot with it in the next few hours and if we did I would be worried it would not be spent well.

Can we attract a replacement as good as Carroll and with the potential he has? No.

Are we in a position where we need £30m because we need to rebuild our entire team? No.

We need to keep Carroll and our other key players and build, we're only a few very good signings away from having a very good team here imo. Can we get those signings in the next few windows? Time will tell but selling Carroll now, even for £30M, would be idiotic.

All this talk of £30m and you seem to forget that it's about more than just his ability and half a season in the Premier League, there are so many more factors than that.

Players like Carroll are incredibly hard to find, to me the guy is priceless at the moment.

Guest toonlass

I don't think we will reject an offer higher than 35m.  Gotta prepared for the worst.

Don't understand the "prepared for the worst" comment to be honest - you'll be getting a lot more than he's worth and by the start of next season will most likely be a much stronger squad for having re-invested the money.

You've been doing more than fine without him for some time now - I really do fail to see how his half a good season have made him Wayne Rooney overnight?

Which strikers are you getting in btw?

1/5 to join Liverpool today.

It's like Hughton being sacked all over again. Prepare for the worst.

Where is this?

11/4 with Victor Chandler to leave, are people making up odds? :undecided:

Sorry, should have said. Sky Bet.

yeah your right his half good season is only just enough for you to dedicate your day to mooching around this thread tho. :lol:

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Hark at the jealous Mackem, man. Probably even more pissed off because they aren't getting a mention on transfer day.

That's because we've done good business already. We have a stronger squad now than we did three weeks ago and have even more wedge in the bank to be thrown around in the summer.

£30m for someone with less than 20 PL goals ffs. The world's gone mad.

Look at the money you've spent on absolute s**** since Quinn arrived. It must be hitting nearly £100million and you havent got anyone anywhere near the standard of Carroll, Tiote, Barton or Ben Arfa. Money isnt everything, having the players at your club is.

Is that post a wind up? It's amazing to think that with all of these superior players, and our injury crisis, that you're not seven points ahead of us rather than seven points behind.

Steve Bruce has turned a profit of around £10m on transfers since he took over. Again though, don't let facts cloud your judgement.

1/5 to join Liverpool today.

It's like Hughton being sacked all over again. Prepare for the worst.

Where is this?

11/4 with Victor Chandler to leave, are people making up odds? :undecided:

Sorry, should have said. Sky Bet.

Ah right, cheers, just got the market up, the Victor Chandler one is slightly more telling, now 9/4 for Carroll to leave, so it is being backed...

"Odds mean nothing", right. :undecided: