West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

f*** of Liverpool yee cænts

?

As of yesterday afternoon there was no contact between Newcastle and Liverpool regarding Carroll.

:nope:

Obviously this can't be the truth when they've had a bid today...

When did i type it though?

:thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We'll be without Carroll for most of the season anyway, so its not as if we'd 'miss' him if we sold him now. £35m is stupid money.

f*** of Liverpool yee cænts

?

As of yesterday afternoon there was no contact between Newcastle and Liverpool regarding Carroll.

:nope:

Obviously this can't be the truth when they've had a bid today...

When did i type it though?

Point being? Just stated a fact.

Guest toonlass

Wondering if this means AC is willing to go? Usually does when it reaches this stage. Can't see why he would, or why we would sell to them. We can compete with them next season - if we hold onto our players that is!!

What stage?

I wouldn't sell today full stop, even for £40m+, if someone comes in with an offer like that in the summer it is a totally different scenario though.

This. We wouldn't have time to bring in a replacement, and we're hardly oozing top quality strikers at the moment. It'd be stupid to sell.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

If Newcastle turn down 30m for Andy Carroll they're absolutely mental. That's an outrageous offer for someone who has only had a good six months in the Premiership.

And look at it on the otherside, we have a striker now thats worth more then 30 mil and other teams sniffing round.

i think retaining the asset is far better.

Assets can depreciate as well as appreciate - he would need to come back fit and continue to score goals or his price will plummet. There's no guarantee he'll do that - teams will inevitably start to come to terms with him (like they tend to do with all players) so he'll find it increasingly difficult. This time last year Bobby Zamora was the next big thing....

You could buy half a dozen good players with £30m. Like I said, if they've turned that down they are absolutely mental. Incompetent.

Wondering if this means AC is willing to go? Usually does when it reaches this stage. Can't see why he would, or why we would sell to them. We can compete with them next season - if we hold onto our players that is!!

or random bid on deadline day without working up the transfer before hand

If Newcastle turn down 30m for Andy Carroll they're absolutely mental. That's an outrageous offer for someone who has only had a good six months in the Premiership.

And look at it on the otherside, we have a striker now thats worth more then 30 mil and other teams sniffing round.

i think retaining the asset is far better.

Assets can depreciate as well as appreciate - he would need to come back fit and continue to score goals or his price will plummet. There's no guarantee he'll do that - teams will inevitably start to come to terms with him (like they tend to do with all players) so he'll find it increasingly difficult. This time last year Bobby Zamora was the next big thing....

You could buy half a dozen good players with £30m. Like I said, if they've turned that down they are absolutely mental. Incompetent.

Bitter nonsense.

Guest johnson293

Its difficult - the amount of money would be a factor, but selling him today would leave us with no time to sign a replacement, and struggle on with Shola, Loven, Best and Ranger for the rest fo the season - and thats a gamble.

However, turning down these huge bids could also send out a message of intent to the rest of the squad, that we are trying to build something and not just sell at the best offer.

However, I think if any offers get close to or hit £40m and the club would probably accept.

£40M and we'll consider.

Then

I wouldn't sell him for any money. He's ours already, show some f***ing ambition. Same goes for those of you naming a price.

Then

We need to keep Carroll if we are to have any ambition left in us.

Keep Carroll whatever money gets thrown at us.

Guest neesy111

We should wait until the end of the season if we are going to sell him. £35m in the summer, could make us a Top 7 side.

:no:

Guest Stephen927

All these late bids show a complete lack of respect for this football club. There is simply no time to find a replacement this late on.

We should wait until the end of the season if we are going to sell him. £35m in the summer, could make us a Top 7 side.

problem with that logic is wages imo

if you blow 35m on 3 players, for example, the type of wages they'd want being 10m players is more than likely not the type of wages we'd be likely to pay

carroll will be on good, acceptable wages - no point having 35m if you can't spend the fucker