West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

£40M and we'll consider.

Then

I wouldn't sell him for any money. He's ours already, show some f***ing ambition. Same goes for those of you naming a price.

Then

We need to keep Carroll if we are to have any ambition left in us.

Keep Carroll whatever money gets thrown at us.

I was saying the club will consider at £40M.

I wouldn't sell him for any money. He's ours already, show some fucking ambition. Same goes for those of you naming a price.

get a whole  career out of him,  30 million is cheap,--keep him.

We are only like a point or so behind Liverpool in the league. For all intends purposes we are capable of being a better team with them and challenging them for Europe. I don't see why we should sell to them when we arguably have a better team then them and are on the up. Carroll is an essential part of our squad, he's the player who dictates what style of play we play, what type of crosses we provide, who we stick out on the wing (Barton) and who does what job in midfield. Carroll is more than just one player in our team. Lose him and it's not just a question of replacing him, it's changing our play all over. For that reason we cannot sell.

Guest neesy111

30 million pounds is insane money. That's a team building amount of cash.

I think you should take it.

How, you've spent £24M on 1 decent striker for that.

No. We've spent 18m which rises to 24 if all add ons are activated.

Caroll is a good player, and very promising, but 30 million for a young player with a decent season in the CCC and half a good one in the top flight is an awful lot of money.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

If Newcastle turn down 30m for Andy Carroll they're absolutely mental. That's an outrageous offer for someone who has only had a good six months in the Premiership.

And look at it on the otherside, we have a striker now thats worth more then 30 mil and other teams sniffing round.

i think retaining the asset is far better.

Assets can depreciate as well as appreciate - he would need to come back fit and continue to score goals or his price will plummet. There's no guarantee he'll do that - teams will inevitably start to come to terms with him (like they tend to do with all players) so he'll find it increasingly difficult. This time last year Bobby Zamora was the next big thing....

You could buy half a dozen good players with £30m. Like I said, if they've turned that down they are absolutely mental. Incompetent.

Bitter nonsense.

Care to explain how that's nonsense? Or indeed why I'm bitter given how swimmingly things are going at the club I support at the moment?

If you think £30m isn't a hugely inflated price for an INJURED player with limited Premier League pedigree and considerable off the field problems it's you who is talking nonsense.

He's scored 11 goals ffs and a good number of those are from set-pieces. I very much doubt anyone will ever offer anything like that for him again.

I joined this board to join in the banter and have a bit of debate, not wind people up. Anyone with half a brain can see that Liverpool have hugely over valued him if the offer that's rumoured to have been made has in fact been made.

I wouldn't sell him for any money. He's ours already, show some f***ing ambition. Same goes for those of you naming a price.

Everybody has there price, just ask Man Utd.

Not true... had he wanted to stay at Man Ure then no price would have been big enough.

Guest neesy111

That fact is with our record on spunking stupid amounts on shit players, I'd bet we would waste most of the money we got for Carroll anycase.

No. We've spent 18m which rises to 24 if all add ons are activated.

Caroll is a good player, and very promising, but 30 million for a young player with a decent season in the CCC and half a good one in the top flight is an awful lot of money.

We don't need to sell though.

Guest neesy111

If Newcastle turn down 30m for Andy Carroll they're absolutely mental. That's an outrageous offer for someone who has only had a good six months in the Premiership.

And look at it on the otherside, we have a striker now thats worth more then 30 mil and other teams sniffing round.

i think retaining the asset is far better.

Assets can depreciate as well as appreciate - he would need to come back fit and continue to score goals or his price will plummet. There's no guarantee he'll do that - teams will inevitably start to come to terms with him (like they tend to do with all players) so he'll find it increasingly difficult. This time last year Bobby Zamora was the next big thing....

You could buy half a dozen good players with £30m. Like I said, if they've turned that down they are absolutely mental. Incompetent.

Bitter nonsense.

Care to explain how that's nonsense? Or indeed why I'm bitter given how swimmingly things are going at the club I support at the moment?

If you think £30m isn't a hugely inflated price for an INJURED player with limited Premier League pedigree and considerable off the field problems it's you who is talking nonsense.

He's scored 11 goals ffs and a good number of those are from set-pieces. I very much doubt anyone will ever offer anything like that for him again.

I joined this board to join in the banter and have a bit of debate, not wind people up. Anyone with half a brain can see that Liverpool have hugely over valued him if the offer that's rumoured to have been made has in fact been made.

Bollocks, Injured player is a reason we should sell him WTF, name me a footballer that doesn't get injured.

Mike & Derek might as well just get pardew bent over a table and shove a dildo up his arse if a bid is accepted given what he's been saying like :lol:

Disagree here, i believe he wasn't for sale as they didn't expect a bid this big.

Mike & Derek might as well just get pardew bent over a table and shove a dildo up his arse if a bid is accepted given what he's been saying like :lol:

i hope thats done at a press conference :lol: