West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure what's more bonkers:

- Liverpool offering £40m

- Us rejecting it

- Me being happy we've rejected it

They havent confirmed we rejected 40m

they havent confirmed it was offered-rejected-upped-rejected tbh.

They said they'd rejected an 'improved offer' from Liverpool ???

How much is the second bid?? Where are you all getting this information?? I've just come back from college, this is so tense!

Most sources were saying we would accept £35m, based on not much AFAICS.  SSN then said they had heard a bid had been accepted of £35m.  David Craig then said he had it from good sources that Liverpool had offered £35m plus addons taking the deal to around £40m.  Then Newcastle released a statement saying the offer had been rejected.

The key to winning matches to have control of the ball. The most obvious way for us to improve would be to get a new RM, CM and a striker who can make runs in the channel. It would be magnificent if we could achieve all of this and keep Carroll, but a bid of £40m is absolutely insane. If our scouting network can come up with a few more gems a la Tiote and Ben Arfa, we'd be a much better team after all the transfers. I still think selling now is a short-sighted decision.

The key to winning matches is to score goals. It isnt easy for clubs in our position to sign class players in a position like striker that will also go unnoticed by other sides in stronger positions.

Strikers are all about stats, if theyre good theyll score goals & get noticed. It isnt the same as players like Enrique or Tiote, nor are many players in the position Ben Arfa was.

Mackems will be sick we've got a player attracting bids of £40m...even more sick that we reject the offer.  :lol:

Torres to Chelsea should be the big news today but yet again its all about us. Crackers.

makes darren bent look like he was sold on the cheap

£18m (over 4 years) + £6m addons - £6m to Spurs...aye, he was.

never will a player be sold before deadline day again if these prices are anything to go by.

Even if we received a bid of say £50m, and it all went for towards the summer's TRANSFER WARCHEST, i honestly don't think we'd better the team given the loss of Carroll. He could be absolutely sensational - i want to see him grow with us. Plus i don't have faith in Pardew to spend £50m wisely. If it was Hughton, i might think differently.

Because Hughton has years on managerial experience.

Managerial experience of getting relegated and shagging his player's wives.

- Us rejecting it

unconfirmed

Guest neesy111

We don't need £50m -Carroll to become a top 6 team. We're on the cusp of it already imo. Absolutely imperative that we DO NOT SELL.

:kasper: :mackems:

:kinnear:

Wow. We've just been promoted, people were calling our season over when Hughton left and/or BenArfa was injured.

Oh fuck off.

Please re-read what you've just written.

Done. The Mackems are sixth atm btw. :thup: The Mackems. Immediately behind them are the likes of Blackburn, Us and Stoke.

Stu is pissing off people today :lol:

Guest neesy111

34 goals in his career and a club has bid £40m for him :lol:

God, football has gone mad.

Rooney went for £30M on similar stats.

- Us rejecting it

unconfirmed

Eh?

How much is the second bid?? Where are you all getting this information?? I've just come back from college, this is so tense!

Most sources were saying we would accept £35m, based on not much AFAICS.  SSN then said they had heard a bid had been accepted of £35m.  David Craig then said he had it from good sources that Liverpool had offered £35m plus addons taking the deal to around £40m.  Then Newcastle released a statement saying the offer had been rejected.

didnt someone mention earlier that all SSN were doing were trying to get a response out of Newcastle regarding AC9 and Liverpool which is why they came up with all the nonsense about him driving to Liverpool.

Newcastle-Online>>>>>>The British Press.

34 goals in his career and a club has bid £40m for him :lol:

God, football has gone mad.

They're paying for what he could become. Given both his potential and the additional element of 'romance', from our end £40m isn't enough. He's invaluable as far as i'm concerned.

- Us rejecting it

unconfirmed

Eh?

none of this is confirmed by either club- it is all sky speculation from 'sources'.