West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

Come on. You've got more about you than that.

Textbook manipulation that you've all fallen for.

Yep. PR for dummies.

You should try conspiracy theory for dummies, your cooked up theory is not even close to believable  :idiot2:

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's f***ing not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

Yup.

Why on earth would Carroll be happy at that? He'll have trouble whenever he comes to Newcastle now.

I don't think that's a particularly important factor tbh.

For a Geordie and Newcastle fan, that should be massive for him. Obviously not that bothered he's going.

This means Torres to Chelsea is also done, by the way. There's no way Liverpool will allow Chelsea to pull out of the deal at this stage, so it's done.

And you're all incredibly naive if you think that Carroll seriously wanted to leave and that Ashley did all he could to keep him. Incredibly naive.

He being marched to Liverpool with a gun to his temple like?

The blame is split.

If the club was run with more ambition Carroll wouldn't want to leave.

If Carroll loved the club as much as he said he did he wouldn't want to leave.

Fair appraisal.

Absolute mental money mind.

This means Torres to Chelsea is also done, by the way. There's no way Liverpool will allow Chelsea to pull out of the deal at this stage, so it's done.

And you're all incredibly naive if you think that Carroll seriously wanted to leave and that Ashley did all he could to keep him. Incredibly naive.

You're incredibly bonkers. Incredibly bonkers...

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's f***ing not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

Yup.

Why on earth would Carroll be happy at that? He'll have trouble whenever he comes to Newcastle now.

I don't think that's a particularly important factor tbh.

For a Geordie and Newcastle fan, that should be massive for him. Obviously not that bothered he's going.

For any person, it's important. Who would ever agree to come across as a c*** in your own hometown? :lol:

None of you have a clue whats happened, but you're oh so willing to blame. It could be Carroll or Ashley thats instigated it, just accept that under Ashley the truth is hard to come by, or takes an age to come out. Dont let us do what liverpool did with Gerrard without even knowing the details. .

Hear, hear. :clap:

If we'd accepted a £15m bid I would understand people claiming Ashley was desperate to sell. But we turned down £30 million ffs. Obviously every player has his price, especially if he decides to hand in a transfer request.

its mental seeing liverpool fans celebrating in the background that torres is out and carroll in.....imagine that in the summer!

this just feels so crushing - absolutely devastated. by the way i don't think he'll be a success there and we've got an insane amount of money for him. but emotions > money for me.

think there should be a 'neither' option on the poll,  btw.

Well, if you can't expect loyalty from a local lad who we have stuck by threw several altercations with the law, then who can you expect loyalty from?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Carroll to put a transfer request in this late on in the window - especially as it appears he's strung us along with his "wanting to stay" speeches all along.

I hope he is a massive failure at Liverpool and his career nose dives from here.

I may sound bitter, but to be honest with you, I am.

:clap:

Let down by both.

Massively annoyed with Ashley & him avoiding any abuse on here.

I think Carroll would have preferred to stay, but has had his head turned by a huge wage increase. Its understandable to an extent, yet massively dissapointing from him to.

Huge shame

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

!!!!EXCLUSIVE!!!!

Super-Agent in Andy Carroll transfer revealed:

http://www.smokingmonkeys.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ted-dibiase1.jpg

We'd have to be mental to reject £35m for any of our players, none of them are worth that.

If Carroll's handed in a transfer request, which is what everyone's saying, then even if you're mental enough to think he's worth that kind of money, you still can't seriously be blaming the club, can you!?!

SSN are saying that we initially rejected the £35m and it was only when he handed in the transfer request that we accepted it.

You've got to be unbelievably one-eyed to not think this is not in the club's best interests and surely what's in the club's best interests is ultimately what we all want as NUFC fans, isn't it?

If we'd accepted a £15m bid I would understand people claiming Ashley was desperate to sell. But we turned down £30 million ffs. Obviously every player has his price, especially if he decides to hand in a transfer request.

:snod:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TIwaKuYP2z0/S63NY3Nak3I/AAAAAAAAAR0/FyJW3IDWwLo/s1600/million-dollar-man.jpg

Disappointed at whats happened but I have to say £35mill+ is an incredible amount of money for a player who's only had half a season in the prem. Wayne Rooney went for less and was proven at an international tournament, not only that but the money was instrumental in Evertons rise, to some extent it was the same with Spurs and Berbatov.

Hopefully this paves the way for a bit of investment (i know i know), naive of me to think that but the signs this season show to me that we are looking at quality players, for the first time in a while i have faith in the clubs scouting system, I'm cautiously optimistic.

This was kind of the model that we were looking at - getting younger players improving them then re investing that money in the squad like Spurs and like Arsenal.

If you ask me this will continue.

The club's got no fucking ambition man, Carroll could be England's centre forward for the next ten years or more, he's not going to consistently achieve that playing with loan signings and free fucking transfers. You can all hoy your toys out the pram at the player when it happens again and again, like it did with Shay Given, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Sebastian Bassong and when it inevitably happens with Jose Enrique and Cheik Tiote but eventually you've got to look at why all these players are desperate to get away from NUFC for the sake of their careers.

Liverpool are in far more debt than us and they're spending £50m on two strikers. I'm looking forward to seeing us spend £35m in the summer, presumably we'll spend it on a flying fucking pig.

so you've changed your mind now or something???

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

Come on. You've got more about you than that.

Textbook manipulation that you've all fallen for.

Yep. PR for dummies.

You should try conspiracy theory for dummies, your cooked up theory is not even close to believable  :idiot2:

Not even close to believable that a situation controlled by Mike Ashley (through David Craig) has been presented rather favourably to avoid fan backlash?

Wake up.