West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest GeordieAce

Obviously Carroll thinks this is his shot at the big time. Still a huge risk on Liverpool's part, one I wouldn't like NUFC to make.

Carroll when he signed his new deal: “It does feel good when you hear that the club are not prepared to sell you at any price."

So when he finds out they are prepared to sell him, even for stupid money, it changes his feeling.  Simple as that.

What, by rejecting a record fee for him?

Then accepting a bigger one, yes.

So what's everyone else at the club going to think about this?! We sell our young prodigy, top english goalscorer, someone the team was meant to be built around... why is anyone going to want to sign a contract now, what's the point, we have no ambition. We have no resolve, our group doesn't matter?

Its basically saying to everyone at the club, 'we need you all, unless we can find a cheaper replacement and make some money off you. That club you thought Newcastle United was, doesn't exist any more'.

a player who handed in a transfer request and didn't want to be there anymore

he was fucking pushed, man. There's no doubt we were leaning on the side of the money over Carroll. No doubt.

why the fuck would he go along with a transfer request conspiracy it makes no sense at all and is a desperate attempt to blame ashley when for once he can't be blamed

Guest firetotheworks

Its horrible to think that we've just sold a large proportion of our tactics. So much of Barton, Nolan's play has just been downgraded by selling Carroll.

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

They didnt reject a transfer, they held out for a higher price

Carroll when he signed his new deal: “It does feel good when you hear that the club are not prepared to sell you at any price."

So when he finds out they are prepared to sell him, even for stupid money, it changes his feeling.  Simple as that.

After he put in a transfer request.

David craig has been fed lines all night btw

Complete set up

Yep - should be up for an Oscar because he performed to the script perfectly.

Director: Mike Ashley

Lead Actor: David Craig

Extra: Andy Carroll/His Agent

Very disappointed in Carroll handing in a transfer request. Shows all that "I dreamt of being Newcastle's number 9" was bullshit. I really don't see Liverpool as much of a step up from NUFC at this point in time.

I couldn't give a shit how long he takes to recover from his injury now.

Didn't he just get the all clear in Sweden. Funny that.

Its horrible to think that we've just sold a large proportion of our tactics. So much of Barton, Nolan's play has just been downgraded by selling Carroll.

Christ, I can't even bare to think about that yet.

Guest neesy111

I don't see what the club have done wrong here, once Carroll handed in a transfer request he had to go.  That said, I bet we don't see us spending the rumoured £35 million on new players.

This.

Guest andyb77

i keep reading posts describing the fee as "incredible" "amazing" "to good to turn down", etc. 

All true - if the fat C*NT would reinvest the lot into the squad (in the summer cos we've f*ck all chance with 5 hours left).  Instead he'll generously pour about £7m into a kitty which Pardew will fritter on shite and the rest will be spunked in Aspers in a half hour binge with Dek.

Feel totally let down by the A) club - who could have still refused the offer and politely reminded Judas of his recently signed 5 year deal -  and

B) the player for obvious reasons. 

Time I realsied that players are never "a fan as well as a player" like they claim cos I know I wouldn't want to play anwhere else.

Jesus, this club....................  :facepalm:

My only reservation out if this is we should have negotiate his price with Spurs and try to get players like kranckjar or pavel.... Now it is too late to replace him.... Off it go is higher league finish would be lucky to remain in this league.....

This means Torres to Chelsea is also done, by the way. There's no way Liverpool will allow Chelsea to pull out of the deal at this stage, so it's done.

And you're all incredibly naive if you think that Carroll seriously wanted to leave and that Ashley did all he could to keep him. Incredibly naive.

He being marched to Liverpool with a gun to his temple like?

What don't you understand about a club accepting the bid and saying to Carroll 'we think we'll be better off without you'? You think Carroll's a 19 year old girl who doesn't want to dumped by her boyfriend? Come on. He's one of the hottest properties in British football. He's brash and arrogant. He plays like he has no fear and probably lives his life that way as well. He's not going to give a fuck about Ashley wanting him to leave. He'll say 'fuck you, your loss' which is what any confident person would say, and he'd hand in the transfer request in an instant, feeling good that he'll be better off at a club that Ashley doesn't own.

You seem to think that this is all something on FM where the player has only two types of feelings about the club. It's complex and complicated, but it's easily believable that Carroll handed in a transfer request after everything was agreed with Liverpool, and the reasons that he would do that can be one of many, a few of which I've listed. He could actually not enjoy playing for Pardew but still loves the club. Or he doesn't like Ashley. Or this, or that. There are a bunch of reasons but I assure you that everyone will come out of this looking good to the people they care about, and that's why I'm highly suspicious of everything that's been reported today.

After he put in a transfer request.

Not so sure that's the order in which things transpired.

David craig was waffling on about how we'd spend the money in summer well after it came out we'd rejected the 2nd offer btw.

And before Carroll put in his request.

The transfer was always on & we were always going to sell. He has been calming down any backlash to the transfer everytime hes been on screen.

Guest neesy111

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

They didnt reject a transfer, they held out for a higher price

That is you fitting things into your conspiracy theory.