West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

chelsea should lower their offer for torres now  :rolleyes:

fucking hell. IF we get in a replacement, we will certainly over-pay. This is based on this transfer window (all players are over-priced in jan.) and, more importantly, the late effords.

IF WE DON`T get in a replacement, we are stuck with danger-ranger, nobody and obi-wan ameobi. a certain downfall in other words. gutted.

I do, however, see a last-minute loan coming.

David craig was waffling on about how we'd spend the money in summer well after it came out we'd rejected the 2nd offer btw.

And before Carroll put in his request.

The transfer was always on & we were always going to sell. He has been calming down any backlash to the transfer everytime hes been on screen.

Truth.

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

They didnt reject a transfer, they held out for a higher price

That is you fitting things into your conspiracy theory.

That is basic common sense ffs. If someone has a massive amount of money coming in & is desperate for something you own, you dont accept the first offer they give you. Dont be simple.

They were silent all day & made no attempt to come out to state he wasnt for sale atall. They kept inviting offers, explain how they didnt.

I'm absolutely gutted that this is going through, but I don't think you can blame any club of our stature accepting this sort of money for a player. I also can't see Carroll wanting to leave to the extent that he's put a transfer request in. Wouldn't be surprised if it's something along the lines of deliberate forfeiture of a loyalty bonus (if he's due one).

It's one of those things unfortunately. If (and it's a big if), the money is reinvested, it could make the team better. Don't get me wrong, the passionate football fan in me would rather keep Carroll than reinvest the whole lot on other players, but Spurs did it for a few years with Berbatov and Carrick and look where they are now.

Guest neesy111

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

They didnt reject a transfer, they held out for a higher price

That is you fitting things into your conspiracy theory.

That is basic common sense ffs. If someone has a massive amount of money coming in & is desperate for something you own, you dont accept the first offer they give you. Dont be simple.

They were silent all day & made no attempt to come out to state he wasnt for sale atall. They kept inviting offers, explain how they didnt.

They rejected a transfer, Carroll clearly tapped up by Liverpool put's in transfer request forcing Ashley's hand.  NUFC then accept the next bid, as they want to try to get replacement in ASAP.

chelsea should lower their offer for torres now  :rolleyes:

fucking hell. IF we get in a replacement, we will certainly over-pay. This is based on this transfer window (all players are over-priced in jan.) and, more importantly, the late effords.

IF WE DON`T get in a replacement, we are stuck with danger-ranger, nobody and obi-wan ameobi. a certain downfall in other words. gutted.

I do, however, see a last-minute loan coming.

The Torres deal is done. There's no way the Carroll deal gets done before the Torres thing is done, or at least virtually so.

The Liverpool owners have done good. They've actually managed to sell Torres and come out of the transfer window looking good. Unbelievable. Ashley will come out of it looking good as well, especially if we can sneak in a loan signing or two in the next few hours. They've got smart people doing their PR, I must say.

Marc Janko from Twente please. Thanks!

What a joke. I've seen lots of him and he isn't any better than Shola. Yes, his last three games were very good but he's average at best imo.

Guest guinness_fiend

Going to throw up, disgusted by this!

Ditto.  Thanks Carroll, you s****.  He didn't have to submit a transfer request.  If you lot are to be believed, Ashley would have sold him anyway, so way to go tarnishing your image with the fans.