West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Elmander, not great but would be a slight step up from the rest of our forwards

Short-sighted as fuck (I don't mean you btw). Was garbage before this season.

Mark Viduka, tbh.

£35m is ridiculous cash. From a neutral pov, the only downside is the lack of time in the window to replace him.

Obviously you'll be gutted he wanted out since he's a local lad etc. NUFC haven't done badly out of it at all though.

What did Everton do with the Rooney cash? If we can get several £7-8m players in the summer and a good solid striker we might come out of this ok.

think carroll been told to had a transfer req by the club .so theres not as much backlash on ashley etc.what uz think?

agreed

Yeah, Carroll wanted to be hated just to save Ashleys ass...  :idiot2:

Ashley needed to keep the goodwill of fans more than Carol. as carol has left and dosnt need to sell season tickets here.

Ashley would have simply said were accepting 35mil- yr getting 80k a week- but we need a transfer request to excuse us. cant see how people cant accept this.

Of course, its the least reasonable explanation for the situation and based on nothing but the hatred some people have for Ashley, obviously everyone should accept it :idiot2:

Also love the "Ashley needed to keep the goodwill of fans", that's comedy gold :lol:

I'll keep repeating this:

It is typical in a players contract that they get a loyalty bonus when they leave, unless they submit a transfer request. This is why Milner submitted a transfer request. There is evidence to suggest that it is club policy to obtain a written transfer request where possible to avoid this payment.

Like the dispute with Barton when we got him

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-pay-barton-loyalty-fee-to-complete-deal-453152.html

Guest mimifrench

Why did Newcastle accept the offer ? And why did Andy Carroll acccept to join Liverpool which will probably finish lower in the league than Newcastle ?

I thought he loved your club and was a "geordie" . Maybe i was wrong ... Money seems to be stronger than the "love of the shirt" (sorry i don't know how to translate it correctly).

#Carroll wanted to stay at #NUFC. Handed in request after leaked they would sell him for £35m. Worth remembering B4 making JUDAS banners

from danwalkerbbc

So why was a £35m bid rejected then..

It wasnt. They released that we rejected their 2nd offer & gave no details on what that was, we may well have accepted a 3rd by that point & been calming a backlash. Its common sense.

Common sense?, really? ???  Its common sense to say that we hadn't rejected a bid, because we probably, maybe, perhaps had accepted a third bid, so Carroll then asked to leave instead of just leaving and picking up his part of the transfer?  That's common sense now?

You've tangled up your own thoughts there.

Im purely saying that we simply released that we'd turned down a 2nd offer. The idea that this meant a deal was off the table or hadnt already been agreed since that point is all assumptions. David craig was making a point of saying Ashley was resisting selling as much as he could, as if he was "trying his best" & a further way to back this up would be to leak that we'd turned down 2 offers in a row. The point of all of this is to calm a backlash from fans aggravated that we'd given away our best player easily.

They were just trying to suggest everywhere that we were trying hard to keep him, which is what you're being lead to think.

The fact that we made no attempt to take any deal off the table & were quiet all day suggests the opposite.

I'm mixing up my thoughts?  Mate I was just emphasising how mixed up your post was.  Also yet again what you're saying doesn't fit in with the transfer request.  We might already have accepted a third bid before announcing that we'd refused the second bid?, so then why the transfer request?  If we'd accepted a bid why the f*** would Carroll then put in a transfer request?  If he put it in before the third bid.. if there even was one, then again it comes back to us rejected a bid, him handing in a request, then us accepted the next bid.  Again Carroll asked to leave after we rejected a bid.

Yes? The 2nd bid could have happened hours before reported & Carroll may have handed in his request etc before we'd even reported it.

Carroll asked to leave whilst we were likely playing games with Liverpool to get them to reach our valuation. The claim is that he wanted to leave for whatever reason when we leaked we were willing to accept 35 mill, so he puts in said transfer request. Pool reach the asking price and there you go.

We release delayed statement about 2nd bid to calm backlash, deal is potentially already done behind the scenes. Maybe not, just possible is all. The initial reaction is that things happen when reported, im just saying thats an assumption & we have no idea what happened. David craig was basically fed lines all night like a puppet.

Move on now anyway, may aswell leave it be & start trying to find some positivity out of it all.

Guest neesy111

Am hoping very likely in vain that we'll end up with Sturridge.

It'll probably be more like Jon Walters.

He's joined Bolton.

If Carroll wasn't a Geordie and was at a different club how many people would be saying that this was a bad deal for the selling club? My guess is none.

I was looking at other clubs forums earlier and everyone of them were calling us mad for rejecting the initial £30m bid.

£35m is ridiculous cash. From a neutral pov, the only downside is the lack of time in the window to replace him.

Obviously you'll be gutted he wanted out since he's a local lad etc. NUFC haven't done badly out of it at all though.

What did Everton do with the Rooney cash? If we can get several £7-8m players in the summer and a good solid striker we might come out of this ok.

didnt they use Marcus Bent up front for a season afterward? or was that before Rooney came along? they did alright with Bent though.

Still no explanation as to why he handed in a transfer request.

Does it not maker more sense that we actually DID reject the bids, Caroll decides he wants a payrise - hands in a transfer request, leaving little option but to accept bid?

Ive been over it enough times tbf

I dont doubt that we rejected the bids, it means very little. We made liverpool fully aware that A deal was on the table & that we were willing to sell. They had the money coming in to match what we wanted, they knew we knew that & had little room to negotiate because of that.

Yes Carrolls at fault for handing in a request. Whether for reasons of wanting a much higher wage or being disillusioned by us being so willing to let him go. Either way he should have done better by us fans & for the team he loves. He didnt, he let us down & went for the money.

Both Ashley & Carroll have let us down. The transfer is poor news for us, hopefully we will make a positive somehow. It gets tiring having all this positive progression knocked away for no reason though & Ashley is a common theme.

I thought you're opinion was that Carroll had been pushed into putting in a transfer request by Mike Ashley as a PR exercise?

think carroll been told to had a transfer req by the club .so theres not as much backlash on ashley etc.what uz think?

agreed

Yeah, Carroll wanted to be hated just to save Ashleys ass...  :idiot2:

Ashley needed to keep the goodwill of fans more than Carol. as carol has left and dosnt need to sell season tickets here.

Ashley would have simply said were accepting 35mil- yr getting 80k a week- but we need a transfer request to excuse us. cant see how people cant accept this.

Of course, its the least reasonable explanation for the situation and based on nothing but the hatred some people have for Ashley, obviously everyone should accept it :idiot2:

Also love the "Ashley needed to keep the goodwill of fans", that's comedy gold :lol:

he had to save face man- season ticket renewals.

Cant believe some so-called newcastle fans fall for this shit time and again. :lol:

If Carroll wasn't a Geordie and was at a different club how many people would be saying that this was a bad deal for the selling club? My guess is none.

How many of those clubs owners would have thought ahead and had a plan in place? All of them.

Fat Mike is rather good at selling the clubs assets on transfer deadline day and (conveniently) not giving himself time to get  quality replacements in, isn't he!

He simply just had to say "no mike, I don't won't to leave". Handing in a transfer request makes absolutely no sense what so ever if he was going to be sold anyway.

Mike could quite easily have said, No, Andrew, I will not allow you to leave, your transfer request is refused.

This is not unheard of in the world of professional football.

In 1959, George Eastham did not sign a new contract with his club, Newcastle United, and requested a transfer. Newcastle United refused his request.

Eastham refused to play for Newcastle United in the 1959-60 season, and found other employment instead. In October 1960, Newcastle United finally agreed to transfer Eastham to Arsenal for £47,500. Nevertheless, backed by the Professional Footballers' Association, which provided financial assistance to pay for his legal fees, Eastham brought proceedings against Newcastle United in the High Court. The case was decided in 1963. In his decision, the judge criticized the "retain" aspects of the system.

In response, the Football League modified the system, dispensing with the "retain" elements of the system.

Why did Newcastle accept the offer ? And why did Andy Carroll acccept to join Liverpool which will probably finish lower in the league than Newcastle ?

I thought he loved your club and was a "geordie" . Maybe i was wrong ... Money seems to be stronger than the "love of the shirt" (sorry i don't know how to translate it correctly).

Don't read tonight Mimi.. We're all depressed :(