West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£35m is ridiculous cash. From a neutral pov, the only downside is the lack of time in the window to replace him.

Obviously you'll be gutted he wanted out since he's a local lad etc. NUFC haven't done badly out of it at all though.

What did Everton do with the Rooney cash? If we can get several £7-8m players in the summer and a good solid striker we might come out of this ok.

It was on deadline day so in the January we signed Beattie for £6m :facepalm:

Then in the summer got Simon Davies :facepalm:, Phil Neville :thup:, Per Kroldrup :facepalm:, Nuno Valente :thup:, Andy van der Meyde :facepalm: & made Arteta's loan permanent :thup:. Whatever was left over either went to the bank or towards Johnson & Lescott the following summer.

£35 mil for Carroll - 6 months exp at top flight, dodgy background, limited in areas of his game.

Great deal for us! Think about it... Tiote cost £3.5 mil.... that's 10x Tiote! We have made out like bandits. Fuck the politics behind his decision... as long as we bring in a decent replacement (short term), get to the end of the season... we can hopefully invest that money in a few really decent players when the inflated prices inevitably fall!

:clap:

Guest Loven11

f***ing hell, I don't want us to sign players just for the sake of it. I rather we get the right players in, not Chopra or Cole or Heskey, f***'s sake spend the money wisely.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Just looked through our results and it is surprising to see that if you take away all 11 of Carroll's goals we would only be 6 points worse off.

...which would put us 2 points ahead of the drop zone :-(

Just looked through our results and it is surprising to see that if you take away all 11 of Carroll's goals we would only be 6 points worse off.

...which would put us 2 points ahead of the drop zone :-(

Yeah, but saying that someone else could of stepped in and added a few themselves... we wouldn't have been playing with 10 men!

Saying that, look at the potential replacements... but if Best can get a hatrick, anything is possible!

I love the way people don't believe anything the papers/journos say, even though on an awful lot of occasions since Ashley took over they've been correct with stories we all thought bollocks, but believe everything "official", from a club that have been proven to be liars.

You mean the same journo's who said before the transfer "We've heard Carroll wants to leave".  Now they're saying "He didn't want to leave" but we're supposed to believe these paragons of virtue?

We don't need to believe one side or the other, just make up our own minds.  Unless you're a fantasist its pretty easy to see what's happened here.  We didn't want to sell (of course we'd always be willing to sell at a certain price, everything's for sale), but Carroll got itchy feet and asked to leave.  At which point we accepted the already excellent deal on the table.  No point in rejecting what is a fantastic offer if the players wants to go.  Why we have to bring in Area 51 levels of insane conspiracy into what's a fairly clear situation is beyond me.

teasy  regardless of the order of the events.

Are we selling the clubs best striker?

Are you happy about this?

Do you think 50k fans deserve better?

Where does this leave Ashleys 5year plan?

Do you believe the club will progress under Ashleys ownership?

Guest Wally_McFool

We have now reverted back to the days when we sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gasgoine.

My thoughts entirely

f***ing hell, I don't want us to sign players just for the sake of it. I rather we get the right players in, not Chopra or Cole or Heskey, f***'s sake spend the money wisely.

safe the money until summer....spent wisely!

Think Bendtner would be a good replacement....for 10 mill. or so

May have been posted 5 times already

Alan Shearer on Andy Carroll on BBC Five Live: "Off the field he has been in trouble once or twice before - that would be the major area of concern for me. I spoke to Kenny months ago before he even came to Liverpool about the potential of Carroll. Kenny got myself and Chris Sutton and myself and Mike Newell together at Blackburn and he probably sees Carroll and Suarez as a similar partnership - both can score goals. Andy Carroll is unplayable on his day. We might see Charlie Adam there and with Steven Gerrard and his tremendous right foot - if you get balls into box for those guys it will be a hell of a partnership."