West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The saddest thing for me, providing that Carroll's transfer request was as straight down the line as it's been presented, has been that it's once and for all shattered the illusion that players really do care about what a club means to the city, it's culture, it's history, it's importance, it's passion and it's people. It's really sad, especially when you believe that a player is just as much a fan as you are. I feel like I've been lead up the garden the path.

This is why the romantics are putting themselves through ludicrous contortions trying to blame it on anyone except the player who obviously wanted to go for the £££. Anything rather than forsake that illusion.

The saddest thing for me, providing that Carroll's transfer request was as straight down the line as it's been presented, has been that it's once and for all shattered the illusion that players really do care about what a club means to the city, it's culture, it's history, it's importance, it's passion and it's people. It's really sad, especially when you believe that a player is just as much a fan as you are. I feel like I've been lead up the garden the path.

:sadnod:

It's like being cheated on. Those shots of him arriving at Liverpool, the cunt :(

Good Business, 35 million. No way is he worth that.

If we get twenty five million of that to spend on the team i'd be satisfied, if fatboy pockets the loot then I will know what our club is all about now...

WE only need 10 more points and apart from our striking dept. I think we have a decent team.

P.S. Have we signed Ireland or not????

we have

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ryan Donaldson

As if anyone in there right mind wouldnt of done the same?!! Ha.

Carroll leaving his legacy.

Its modern football, but detach yourself from reality and I suppose you can see where they're coming from. There's no 'guarantee' you'll 'make it', so if people are suddenly offering you a big contract, then yeah, I can see why some players might grab at it. Likewise your career could end tomorrow through injury, after that you're left with the reality of real work, so grab the money while you can seems to be common attitude.

i'd leave a newcastle united owned by ashley and managed by his mate

Howay man Mick, I hated Shepherd but that was inspired. He knew Woodgate was a wreck and took them to the cleaners. £14m for a player who didn't get on a football pitch for 18 months afterwards.

I'll make my mind up on this one when the money is either spent or not spent.  We didn't do much with the Woodgate money and ended up losing our manager who would piss all over the current one.

fucking hell man mick - how long before you spot the trend. :lol:

Would that be the trend that's seen us spend more then we've brought back in from transfers in the Premiership under Ashley?

Howay man Mick, I hated Shepherd but that was inspired. He knew Woodgate was a wreck and took them to the cleaners. £14m for a player who didn't get on a football pitch for 18 months afterwards.

I'll make my mind up on this one when the money is either spent or not spent.  We didn't do much with the Woodgate money and ended up losing our manager who would piss all over the current one.

fucking hell man mick - how long before you spot the trend. :lol:

You mean the tendency of many posters to descend into gibbering lunacy?

The lunacy is on both sides of the spectrum.  There's "the sky is falling" lot who curl up in a ball every time the ground shakes.  Then there's the apologist lot, who would want to see how it panned out if Ashley was ass raping them.  Maybe his spunk is laden with gold flakes after all. 

Yes well said, this is why this hurts a lot more than most outgoing transfers. Andy Cole for example was a tremendous talent but he had no real deep rooted loyalty for the club. We've been told though many times that Carroll was living his dream as a Geordie and loved the club.

As I mentioned in another thread, its the lies that piss me off.

It hurts more when it comes from a geordie  :sadnod:

If we get twenty five million of that to spend on the team i'd be satisfied, if fatboy pockets the loot then I will know what our club is all about now...

WE only need 10 more points and apart from our striking dept. I think we have a decent team.

Unbelievable.

Just back from work, new it was gonna happen but still gutted.  This tosser has no loyalty to this club.

A local lad we have brought through, stuck by him during all the shit he has brought, gave him the number 9 shirt.

What do we get after not even one season back in the prem - a transfer request!

Greedy arsehole that has mugged us all off.

Hope someone gives him a smack in the face if he ever comes back to the north east.

:lol:

100%.  Not going anywhere near as far as that lad earlier on saying it was worse than relegation, but it does make me wonder why I bother.  I can't relate to this shit anymore man, and it's been going that way for a while.  Coupled with the feeling that we're going nowhere, and this is a shite day to support us.  Really wondering what it's going to be like in the away end at Fulham.

Surely 30 points is enough at this point to see us through to the end.  I fucking hope so because otherwise we've made identical mistakes to last time round, and that's ignoring the long term.

Guest neesy111

i'd leave a newcastle united owned by ashley and managed by his mate

Still a pathetic excuse, any player could have said that about Shepherd as well.

what is unbeleivable?

That you think selling Carroll is a good deal and that we may see £25million of the money.

Have you been in a coma throughout Mike Ashley's tenure at NUFC?