West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just back from work, new it was gonna happen but still gutted.  This tosser has no loyalty to this club.

A local lad we have brought through, stuck by him during all the s*** he has brought, gave him the number 9 shirt.

What do we get after not even one season back in the prem - a transfer request!

Greedy arsehole that has mugged us all off.

Hope someone gives him a smack in the face if he ever comes back to the north east.

Be a long line tbh

The saddest thing for me, providing that Carroll's transfer request was as straight down the line as it's been presented, has been that it's once and for all shattered the illusion that players really do care about what a club means to the city, it's culture, it's history, it's importance, it's passion and it's people. It's really sad, especially when you believe that a player is just as much a fan as you are. I feel like I've been lead up the garden the path.

Not saying that sentiment exists, but I wouldn't let Carroll shatter it..  As I said earlier, he's a very good player and I've always supported him simply because he was a Newcastle player.  However I've never been under the illusion that he's a nice lad, or even a loyal person.

It didn't do Spurs any harm selling their best striker a couple of years ago. The worst thing about this deal is I was enjoying this season, now due to lack of time to get a replacement, we have to lumber on for the rest of the season with a strike force pieced together from Best, Ameobi and Lovenkrands. Maybe Ranger can step up to the mark.

Maybe we can replicate Keane deal, and buy him back from Liverpool for half the price next season?

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

what is unbeleivable?

That you think selling Carroll is a good deal and that we may see £25million of the money.

Have you been in a coma throughout Mike Ashley's tenure at NUFC?

We will may see £5 millions, and thats it.

Guest firetotheworks

He must know that he can't come back to Newcastle now, and that he'll be universally despised? It'll be like Graham Fenton xinfinity. What I'd give for this to end up as a Keegan Sir Les situation, but with Pardew I expect nothing. Even by our standards, this has been the very definition of an insane season.

Guest neesy111

It is the whole local lad, number 9 which pisses me off.  He said those words in November exactly 2 months ago.  He's basically told us a pack of lies and led us down the garden path.  Also as well the club defended him when many other clubs would have chucked him out especially over the Steven Taylor chaos.

Maybe we can replicate Keane deal, and buy him back from Liverpool for half the price next season?

:lol: That thought crossed my mind many times today earlier. Before he came in with the transfer request that is.

It is the whole local lad, number 9 which pisses me off.  He said those words in November exactly 2 months ago.  He's basically told us a pack of lies and led us down the garden path.  Also as well the club defended him when many other clubs would have chucked him out especially over the Steven Taylor chaos.

If anyone has the Wigan (h) programme from this season, check out the back page where Llambias glows over the Carroll 5 year deal. Absolute heap of bullshit from him and Carroll.

35 million...for all those on here reasoning that it's a great deal and we couldn't turn it down, and it'll all turn out ok in the summer when we spend the money (!)... i'd like to see a list of STRIKERS (because that's what we actually need, you know, to replace Carroll given that our remaining forwards are turbo shite) who we could realistically afford to purchase who would actually want to come to our ambition-less club?

Guest VegasToon

Be funny if it fell through now

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe he goes and asks for 200,000 a week?  His transfer fee would justify it.

what is unbeleivable?

That you think selling Carroll is a good deal and that we may see £25million of the money.

Have you been in a coma throughout Mike Ashley's tenure at NUFC?

We will may see £5 millions, and thats it.

Keep fighting against reality lads, keep up the good fight against Ashley no matter what the facts say!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Be funny if it fell through now

Post, thread, facebook status deletion all owa the shop.

;D

DELETE THE INTERNET, DAVE, QUICK! DELETE IT!!!!  :frantic: