West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I was going to say that one upside of the day for me has been that none of this has hurt in the slightest. In broad terms I've expected these negative developments for a while so I've already been able to react to them.

But I've realised I'm wrong - what Donaldson said, that disturbs me.

Is it the 'real' Donaldson?

Was he talking about accepting £35m?

Was he talking about leaving the Toon for Liverppol?

Its twitter.

I was going to say that one upside of the day for me has been that none of this has hurt in the slightest. In broad terms I've expected these negative developments for a while so I've already been able to react to them.

Its a good insight into how young footballers see the game. The get rich quick above all else is rampant now in football. It's all about getting improvements on your contract and when you hit the ceiling you move on for even more coin.

Guest toonlass

Its twitter.

Facebook

just remembered harry saying they hadnt bid for carroll and the bloke on sunday supplement saying spurs definitely haven't bid.

at the time i thought it was pr by ashley to make it seem like we've had a good window when we dont sell carroll, but now its pretty obvious. put out the bid story, invite offers, get cash.

would follow that harry would then give that interview saying he was 'having a good laugh at how newcastle did everything they could to keep him'.

wonder why pardew was brought in?

What's your opinion on Area 51?

ashley would appoint pardew and sell all the aliens

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its twitter.

Facebook

Facebook? Oh well!

Its twitter.

Yeah I know, caveats coming out my arse, but there's no joy in talking to anyone if you have to write/speak them every time.

The really sad thing is that Andy never got a full season to try to win at Newcastle.  In his 1 and a half years getting consistent burn on the team, we won the Championship and are in the top half of the most grueling league in the world with a squad that has had it's share of injuries and mostly the same players from the Championship side.  He never got a good strike partner at Newcastle, he never got a full season with the same manager (in the Prem at least).

HE WAS our nucleus.  HE WAS the ciritical building block for the team to get back to European contention.  HE WAS signed to a deal through 2015.

Now we're a team trying to build a nucleus of players to deliver us success, and that can do so without spending like City, Chelsea, and Liverpool.

The thing is we just sold the best building block we could ever possibly have imagined.

If you close your eyes and think about the kind of player you'd want to build a team around, you'd think of a young, hardworking striker who can get goals.

We just had one.  Now we don't.  That we don't anymore shows the opposite of ambition for football success.

Nolan is the nucleus. He's the one that galvinised the players.

Would it surprise anyone if this is already sorted and we've told them to delay the announcement so that we can claim tomorrow that it was too late to do anything? I mean it was too late anyway, but every little helps.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its twitter.

Yeah I know, caveats coming out my arse, but there's no joy in talking to anyone if you have to write/speak them every time.

Aye, I know, but I think some of the reactions are over the top towards something that's been quoted, without the 'full story'.

Guest toonlass

The really sad thing is that Andy never got a full season to try to win at Newcastle.  In his 1 and a half years getting consistent burn on the team, we won the Championship and are in the top half of the most grueling league in the world with a squad that has had it's share of injuries and mostly the same players from the Championship side.  He never got a good strike partner at Newcastle, he never got a full season with the same manager (in the Prem at least).

HE WAS our nucleus.  HE WAS the ciritical building block for the team to get back to European contention.  HE WAS signed to a deal through 2015.

Now we're a team trying to build a nucleus of players to deliver us success, and that can do so without spending like City, Chelsea, and Liverpool.

The thing is we just sold the best building block we could ever possibly have imagined.

If you close your eyes and think about the kind of player you'd want to build a team around, you'd think of a young, hardworking striker who can get goals.

We just had one.  Now we don't.  That we don't anymore shows the opposite of ambition for football success.

Nolan is the nucleus. He's the one that galvinised the players.

Yup, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Carroll go totally off the rails without Nolan there beside him.

Its twitter.

Facebook

Facebook? Oh well!

Its definitely him, deleted the comment now. Little shithouse.

Would it surprise anyone if this is already sorted and we've told them to delay the announcement so that we can claim tomorrow that it was too late to do anything? I mean it was too late anyway, but every little helps.

Just been thinking the same.

Just been thinking the same.

Think it's more to do with waiting for the Torres transfer to be confirmed first.