West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

neesy's refusal to acknowledge the very high probability that ashley had planned it all is astounding.

Maybe he did. But the fact remains that Carroll was the one that signed the transfer request, he didn't have a gun to his head and if he wanted to stay that badly he could have refused to do it.

Ashley may have thrown the ball in the air, but Carroll was the one that hit it.

not even if he wanted to stay. after a fee was agreed he was in a massive position of power and had no need whatsoever to put in a request. what could the club do, tell him he they are pulling the plug on a move the player doesn't want ?

Those texts are Carroll trying to scramble back any credit he has with the fans left.  They are texts which his Agent probably told him to do to save face.  He needs to say this in public before I'll believe it.

Give over man AC is not this clever to play the PR game, he was just replying to texts from Wraith who he does know well.

Nope, Carroll is a man that clearly is controlled by his agent as well. 

He is own man. He put the transfer request in. People harp on about agents like they are mind controllers give f***ing over man.

Most players are controlled by their agents though.

No there not. They are employed by the player. That is why AC sacked Harrison & moved to another agent because he is in charge not the agent.

If I wasnt on my mobile and wanted to channel my inner Stu, I would quote what I said last night after news came of the transfer request being accepted. It's all just a bit of PR. Have some sense about you and you can see through it. If you don't, you end up looking like a retard, changing your opinion one minute to the next.

Liverpool make bid - ashlry's going to sell. He's a cunt.

Bid reportedly rejected - oh Ashley is a hero.

Transfer requested - carroll's a cunt. Ashley did all he could.

Look at that sequence of events and it has to seem fishy to you. It's too obvious. It's too smooth.

Ask yourself why Carroll would wait so long to hand in a transfer request. Why not do it ten days ago? There's fuck all reason to wait. In fact, the more he waited, the more clubs sorted out their transfers and the smaller amount of clubs would be left in the running.

IT'S NOT A RIDICULOUS FEE, WHEN OUR TACTICS ARE BASED AROUND HIM AND THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT. How many f***ing times,

Stop posting in caps lock please, grow up.

And yes it is a ridiculous fee. Blackpools were willing to let Charlie Adams go for £15 million I heard. He's more vital to that team than Carroll was to us.

£36 million is ridiculous fee for a player who has proven himself in the top tier for only 6 months.

I'm still gutted like but for that money you could buy two good strikers who will make us a better and probably one or two young players who can develop.

Can't see myself ever absolving AC for any blame in this but when the main players in the piece are a filthy rich chancer adept at manipulating businessmen, colleagues, customers and the media versus a young footballer with no more than average intellect, adept at manipulating centre halves and the odd boiler, well...

I'd love to see us push on from this, but that's optimism over fact. When have our board ever got infront of a camera and assured us we've got something to look forward to? What do we get? A sheet of headed paper handed to David fucking Craig and a big fuck off to our support. Many claim MA doesn't take money out of the club, fine, but that doesn't validate what he's done to it either.

Gotta hand it to sky too, drama like last night doesn't come off that well without a shitload of rehearsal, hmmm.

Guest neesy111

If I wasnt on my mobile and wanted to channel my inner Stu, I would quote what I said last night after news came of the transfer request being accepted. It's all just a bit of PR. Have some sense about you and you can see through it. If you don't, you end up looking like a retard, changing your opinion one minute to the next.

Liverpool make bid - ashlry's going to sell. He's a cunt.

Transfer requested - carroll's a cunt. Ashley did all he could.

Look at that sequence of events and it has to seem fishy to you. It's too obvious. It's too smooth.

Ask yourself why Carroll would wait so long to hand in a transfer request. Why not do it ten days ago? There's fuck all reason to wait. In fact, the more he waited, the more clubs sorted out their transfers and the smaller amount of clubs would be left in the running.

Simple answer to why he could have put in a transfer request.  $$$$$$$

He was told his wages were going to be at least tripled, that is enough for most footballers to move these days.

IT'S NOT A RIDICULOUS FEE, WHEN OUR TACTICS ARE BASED AROUND HIM AND THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT. How many f***ing times,

Guess you didn't see our league form in January then.  He is replaceable man.

FAO KI - We beat two of the bottom 3 & got two draws. Starting dreaming of Champions League again sonnna!!!!

Liverpool make bid - ashlry's going to sell. He's a c***.

Transfer requested - carroll's a c***. Ashley did all he could.

Ask yourself why Carroll would wait so long to hand in a transfer request. Why not do it ten days ago? There's f*** all reason to wait. In fact, the more he waited, the more clubs sorted out their transfers and the smaller amount of clubs would be left in the running.

I'll answer you why. Because Carroll didn't have bids of £30, £36million coming in for him.

Wake the fuck up, it might be PR trick everything and wouldn't surprise me. But equally it wouldn't surprise me if Carroll is a lying twat. He could have refused and told the fans that the club wanted to sell him. He could have revered this whole PR-trick if he was bright enough and if this was true.

Trust me he's fucking happy in scouserland. Bagging his first millions on a signing on fee and trippling his wage.

Guest neesy111

FAO KI - We beat two of the bottom 3 & got two draws. Starting dreaming of Champions League again sonnna!!!!

Two draws against teams in the top 6 after leading in both until injury time.

Guest firetotheworks

And yes it is a ridiculous fee. Blackpools were willing to let Charlie Adams go for £15 million I heard. He's more vital to that team than Carroll was to us.

£36 million is ridiculous fee for a player who has proven himself in the top tier for only 6 months.

I'm still gutted like but for that money you could buy two good strikers who will make us a better and probably one or two young players who can develop.

If growing up is ignoring Ashley's history, then I'd rather stay young thanks.

Finding two good strikers who'll do the business in the prem for a club in our position is a lot easier in theory than in reality. Us having potentially more money than usual doesnt mean players will suddenly be desperate to come here.

Two draws against teams in the top 6 after leading in both until injury time.

As I said Champions League here we come.

Finding two good strikers who'll do the business in the prem for a club in our position is a lot easier in theory than in reality. Us having potentially more money than usual doesnt mean players will suddenly be desperate to come here.

we may already have one as i'd like to see ben arfa in a beardsleyesque role.

No, growing up is not posting in caps lock to get everyones attention. Feels like your yelling ffs.

And no one is ignoring his history, but there are two scenarios:

1. Ashleys PR-trick and Carroll was forced, but he also left leaving both considered twats.

2. Media has been right about it all and Carroll is a twat.

In the end Carroll is a twat anyways for leaving the club. Ashley doesn't decide where he goes, he can only say yes or no and then its up to the player to decide.

He would have known about the money ages ago. He would have heard it when he was away for int duty. Do you think his agent doesn't read the papers? Do you think footballers are oblivious to what other footballers are being paid? He knew. If he really wanted more money, he would have handed in a transfer request two weeks ago and forced his way to city or Chelsea or spurs. He didn't. That should tell you something.

And as for the issue of him actually signing the contract and therefore deserving most of the blame, it's a matter of pride and ego. When someone tells you they no longer need you, you fuck off. Simple as. Especially when you're confident in your ability to succeed at any club. He's not chained to the club. He doesnt need the club to survive and succeed. You're mistaking love and care for dependency. Of course he went after Ashley had arranged everything. I would, and I would say fuck you to Ashley and be even more determined to succeed at my new club. It's an ego and a pride thing.

Sure, and I'm not saying that, but we did get Ben Arfa, Enrique, Barton, Tiote for half of what we sold Carroll so there is a lot of bargaining to do out in the football market. We need to look outside of the GB islands. There are many young players to be had, and while they might not want to come here it's up to us to finish strong this season and try to convince them.

Guest firetotheworks

No, growing up is not posting in caps lock to get everyones attention. Feels like your yelling ffs.

And no one is ignoring his history, but there are two scenarios:

1. Ashleys PR-trick and Carroll was forced, but he also left leaving both considered twats.

2. Media has been right about it all and Carroll is a t***.

In the end Carroll is a t*** anyways for leaving the club. Ashley doesn't decide where he goes, he can only say yes or no and then its up to the player to decide.

I was shouting, sometimes it feels like it's needed to get through to people so willing to place all of the blame at anyone but Ashley.

Feels like your yelling ffs.

Really? It just looks like someone using caps lock. Feels like yelling  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It does, especially in the morning :lol: just woke up and my eyes bleed from big letters.

He would have known about the money ages ago. He would have heard it when he was away for int duty. Do you think his agent doesn't read the papers? Do you think footballers are oblivious to what other footballers are being paid? He knew. If he really wanted more money, he would have handed in a transfer request two weeks ago and forced his way to city or Chelsea or spurs. He didn't. That should tell you something.

And as for the issue of him actually signing the contract and therefore deserving most of the blame, it's a matter of pride and ego. When someone tells you they no longer need you, you f*** off. Simple as. Especially when you're confident in your ability to succeed at any club. He's not chained to the club. He doesnt need the club to survive and succeed. You're mistaking love and care for dependency. Of course he went after Ashley had arranged everything. I would, and I would say f*** you to Ashley and be even more determined to succeed at my new club. It's an ego and a pride thing.

And what better way to say "f*** you" to Ashley then to submit a transfer request and take half of the blame from him? :lol:

And as for the issue of him actually signing the contract and therefore deserving most of the blame, it's a matter of pride and ego. When someone tells you they no longer need you, you f*** off. Simple as. Especially when you're confident in your ability to succeed at any club. He's not chained to the club. He doesnt need the club to survive and succeed. You're mistaking love and care for dependency. Of course he went after Ashley had arranged everything. I would, and I would say f*** you to Ashley and be even more determined to succeed at my new club. It's an ego and a pride thing.

re the pride and ego thing. it doesn't work that way. how many players in the past have been told a fees beeen agreed then put in a transfer request ?

Guest neesy111

And as for the issue of him actually signing the contract and therefore deserving most of the blame, it's a matter of pride and ego. When someone tells you they no longer need you, you fuck off. Simple as. Especially when you're confident in your ability to succeed at any club. He's not chained to the club. He doesnt need the club to survive and succeed. You're mistaking love and care for dependency. Of course he went after Ashley had arranged everything. I would, and I would say fuck you to Ashley and be even more determined to succeed at my new club. It's an ego and a pride thing.

Obvious that city or chelsea didn't want him as they signed other strikers.

I sincerely think that with that kind of money we will become much better in the long-term.

For £35 million you could probably buy 5-6 of the World biggest talents and try to build  a team for the future. While they're here, you make sure you put both them and their agents into a f***ing classroom to learn ethics.

Another numpty who is under the impression that Ashley will spend the Carroll money on new players. Have you been in a coma for the last 3 years?

In the end who knows, I fucking hate Ashley with all my heart. But it seems like no one has any hope left, that everything disappeared with a player.

This is Newcastle United Football Club, ever since Sir Bobby left it has been nothing but turmoil and embarrassment but we all still LOVE this club don't we. And Mike Ashley will be here for now not much we can do about it as he doesn't care. Try to look at the bright side of life.