West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Of course he's happy at Liverpool now. He's being paid much more and he'll play in a better team. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing the sequence of events that the club has put out. I'm disputing the fact that Carroll forced this through. I'm sure he's happy about the move now but thats affected by how he was treated by the owner of our club.

He would have known about the money ages ago. He would have heard it when he was away for int duty. Do you think his agent doesn't read the papers? Do you think footballers are oblivious to what other footballers are being paid? He knew. If he really wanted more money, he would have handed in a transfer request two weeks ago and forced his way to city or Chelsea or spurs. He didn't. That should tell you something.

And as for the issue of him actually signing the contract and therefore deserving most of the blame, it's a matter of pride and ego. When someone tells you they no longer need you, you f*** off. Simple as. Especially when you're confident in your ability to succeed at any club. He's not chained to the club. He doesnt need the club to survive and succeed. You're mistaking love and care for dependency. Of course he went after Ashley had arranged everything. I would, and I would say f*** you to Ashley and be even more determined to succeed at my new club. It's an ego and a pride thing.

how many players in the past have been told a fees beeen agreed then put in a transfer request ?

Bent & Torres.

Guest neesy111

IT'S NOT A RIDICULOUS FEE, WHEN OUR TACTICS ARE BASED AROUND HIM AND THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT. How many f***ing times,

Stop posting in caps lock please, grow up.

And yes it is a ridiculous fee. Blackpools were willing to let Charlie Adams go for £15 million I heard. He's more vital to that team than Carroll was to us.

£36 million is ridiculous fee for a player who has proven himself in the top tier for only 6 months.

I'm still gutted like but for that money you could buy two good strikers who will make us a better and probably one or two young players who can develop.

If growing up is ignoring Ashley's history, then I'd rather stay young thanks.

No, growing up is not posting in caps lock to get everyones attention. Feels like your yelling ffs.

And no one is ignoring his history, but there are two scenarios:

1. Ashleys PR-trick and Carroll was forced, but he also left leaving both considered twats.

2. Media has been right about it all and Carroll is a t***.

In the end Carroll is a t*** anyways for leaving the club. Ashley doesn't decide where he goes, he can only say yes or no and then its up to the player to decide.

I was shouting, sometimes it feels like it's needed to get through to people so willing to place all of the blame at anyone but Ashley.

No one is saying ashley isn't to blame at all, fact is the player had as much power in the whole deal as the club.  So they are both to blame.

IT'S NOT A RIDICULOUS FEE, WHEN OUR TACTICS ARE BASED AROUND HIM AND THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT. How many f***ing times,

And yes it is a ridiculous fee. Blackpools were willing to let Charlie Adams go for £15 million I heard. He's more vital to that team than Carroll was to us.

£36 million is ridiculous fee for a player who has proven himself in the top tier for only 6 months.

I'm still gutted like but for that money you could buy two good strikers who will make us a better and probably one or two young players who can develop.

Finding two good strikers who'll do the business in the prem for a club in our position is a lot easier in theory than in reality. Us having potentially more money than usual doesnt mean players will suddenly be desperate to come here.

we may already have one as i'd like to see ben arfa in a beardsleyesque role.

Absolutely, it's not all doom and gloom. Arguably we were too one dimensional always playing to Carroll's strengths anyway. This way change is forced upon us and it can only improve our options. (Summer tranfers completed). September will be the time to really reflect on what has happened here - and Carroll was never the ideal striker to play in front of Ben Arfa. Ask me who I'd prefer as the first name on the team sheet between Carroll and Ben Arfa and the Frenchman wins every time.

Even if only 20m is spent in the summer we still end up with a stronger TEAM imo, and the club is in a stronger position financially as well.

Finding two good strikers who'll do the business in the prem for a club in our position is a lot easier in theory than in reality. Us having potentially more money than usual doesnt mean players will suddenly be desperate to come here.

Sure, and I'm not saying that, but we did get Ben Arfa, Enrique, Barton, Tiote for half of what we sold Carroll so there is a lot of bargaining to do out in the football market. We need to look outside of the GB islands. There are many young players to be had, and while they might not want to come here it's up to us to finish strong this season and try to convince them.

Striker is a different position though. If a strikers good hes scoring goals & that doesnt really go under the radar like a players ability in another position could do. People notice, teams bigger than us.

You gotta remember we spent 11 million on Martins & the most he scored for us in the league was 11 goals. You can throw away money easily for fowards, thats why its valuable having one doing the business.

Of course he's happy at Liverpool now. He's being paid much more and he'll play in a better team. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing the sequence of events that the club has put out. I'm disputing the fact that Carroll forced this through. I'm sure he's happy about the move now but thats affected by how he was treated by the owner of our club.

Yet he was still happy to deflect alot of the blame from said owner?

Feels like your yelling ffs.

Really? It just looks like someone using caps lock. Feels like yelling  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CAPS-LOCK HAS BEEN USED SINCE THE DAWN OF THE NET TO INDICATE SHOUTING/YELLING AND TENDS TO BE FROWNED UPON BY MOST OTHER INTERNET USERS.

No, growing up is not posting in caps lock to get everyones attention. Feels like your yelling ffs.

1. Ashleys PR-trick and Carroll was forced, but he also left leaving both considered twats.

In the end Carroll is a t*** anyways for leaving the club. Ashley doesn't decide where he goes, he can only say yes or no and then its up to the player to decide.

I was shouting, sometimes it feels like it's needed to get through to people so willing to place all of the blame at anyone but Ashley.

No one is saying ashley isn't to blame at all, fact is the player had as much power in the whole deal as the club.  So they are both to blame.

ashley can be blamed for accepting a fee he  thought was too good to turn down (my guess is the majority of the country agree with him), carroll can be blamed for putting in a transfer request when he could easily have said no. (to the request, not necessarily the move)

I sincerely think that with that kind of money we will become much better in the long-term.

For £35 million you could probably buy 5-6 of the World biggest talents and try to build  a team for the future. While they're here, you make sure you put both them and their agents into a f***ing classroom to learn ethics.

Another numpty who is under the impression that Ashley will spend the Carroll money on new players. Have you been in a coma for the last 3 years?

In the end who knows, I f***ing hate Ashley with all my heart. But it seems like no one has any hope left, that everything disappeared with a player.

This is Newcastle United Football Club, ever since Sir Bobby left it has been nothing but turmoil and embarrassment but we all still LOVE this club don't we. And Mike Ashley will be here for now not much we can do about it as he doesn't care. Try to look at the bright side of life.

Thing is, I imagine a fair few would've taken the money themselves. 35mil is a lot for a player who has only had a good half a season in the PL, sure he has great potential, but who's to say he'll live up to it. The whole transfer request & text rubbish doesn't make sense to me though.

Guest Wally_McFool

In the end who knows, I fucking hate Ashley with all my heart. But it seems like no one has any hope left,

Yer not wrong there, an all time high of in fighting and bickering has broken out  between Newcastle fans since theFCB has bought the club.

Sorry about the numpty remark, I take it back, I guess I'm just as annoyed as everyone else on here no matter who is to blame.

He put in the transfer request to complete ashlry's game. At that point there was no doubt that he would leave. He was being forced to. It's impossible to try and stay at this point. Do you really think he wants to pick a fight with the owner of the club? Theres only one winner in that contest. Ashley could have simply released a bunch of bad shit about Carroll to poison his relationship with the fans, and with hoe easily so many people fell for the version last night, people would have fallen for that too.

So at that point, he was a goner. His agent probably advised him to do it, seeing as he would he paid more and be moving to a better club. I'm not disputing this part. He obviously wouldn't have left if west brom had made the ridiculous bid. But the issue is that he didn't force the deal. Ashley arranged it all, cornered Carroll but still gave him a very nice exit. You're an idiot if you try to fight and not take the nice exit.

Guest neesy111

ashley can be blamed for accepting a fee he  thought was too good to turn down (my guess is the majority of the country agree with him), carroll can be blamed for putting in a transfer request when he could easily have said no. (to the request, not necessarily the move)

Exactly, also Carroll imo saw the $$$$$ signs coming.  He's apparently got to pay 30% of his earnings to his ex-misus as well, which hardly helps him financially.

f*** this is hard to swallow. Couldn't give a rats ass about the money tbh.

----

http://www.fansonline.net/newcastleunited/article.php?id=599

I have known Andy Carroll for 6 years and he is a great lad. A Newcastle fan at heart and someone who dreamt of wearing the NO.9 shirt at St James. He was proud to follow in Alan Shearer footsteps.I was with him with my mate Chris Liddle after the Sunderland game and he was adamant that he was staying and that a move did not interest him. Yesterdays events happened so quickly and I was stuck in the maelstrom of one of the biggest transfers in British history. This wasn\'t a set up. These texts have been made public with Andy\'s permission and I\'m happy to help my mate. I have helped set up his only interview which will break later today

Here is a transcript of the texts that i made and received.

Sunday 30th January 14:37

SW: Are you leaving mate?

AC: I\'m not going anywhere mate.

Monday 31st January 16:28

SW: Liverpool in for you mate. Any truth in that?

AC: Dunno what\'s happening yet still mate. Thanks.

17:02

SW: Sky Sports say it\'s a matter of time mate. What\'s club said?

AC: they have kind of said we don\'t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don\'t want to go.

17:26

SW: Have you put in a transfer request?

AC: No I didn\'t that\'s what I mean that\'s what they wanted me to do and I said no.

17:27

SW: So they want you to go?

AC: They said they wanted to accept it.

17:28

SW: So you have no choice?

AC: Looks like it.

17:31

SW: Your agent will be doing ok out of this. When you going?

AC: I don\'t know mate. Gutted tho.

17:32

SW: Any message you want put across to the fans? I\'m happy to do that for you mate.

AC: They said they wanted the money.

17:37

SW: Anything else?

AC: Gutted to be leaving Newcastle but I was kind of pushed out the door.

17:41

SW: That it?

AC: Just what i\'ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Didn\'t want to leave that\'s why i signed a 5 year deal.

17:47

SW: I will pass these onto the press lads I know.

AC: Sound mate.

17:56

SW: Can you give press lads a call to do an interview when deal done?

AC: I will yeah. I will speak to him later. Bit busy atm mate.

-----

Not doubting this for a second tbh.

Ashley could easily have said no to the bid & no to the transfer request.

Guest neesy111

He put in the transfer request to complete ashlry's game. At that point there was no doubt that he would leave. He was being forced to. It's impossible to try and stay at this point. Do you really think he wants to pick a fight with the owner of the club? Theres only one winner in that contest. Ashley could have simply released a bunch of bad shit about Carroll to poison his relationship with the fans, and with hoe easily so many people fell for the version last night, people would have fallen for that too.

So at that point, he was a goner. His agent probably advised him to do it, seeing as he would he paid more and be moving to a better club. I'm not disputing this part. He obviously wouldn't have left if west brom had made the ridiculous bid. But the issue is that he didn't force the deal. Ashley arranged it all, cornered Carroll but still gave him a very nice exit. You're an idiot if you try to fight and not take the nice exit.

Again, he didn't have a gun to his head to sign a transfer request.  Why would he agree to the whole thing when he has most to lose.

He put in the transfer request to complete ashlry's game. At that point there was no doubt that he would leave. He was being forced to. It's impossible to try and stay at this point. Do you really think he wants to pick a fight with the owner of the club? Theres only one winner in that contest. Ashley could have simply released a bunch of bad s*** about Carroll to poison his relationship with the fans, and with hoe easily so many people fell for the version last night, people would have fallen for that too.

he didn't have to put in the request, as said earlier "you've agreed a fee, i'll go, but i'm not putting in a request...your call mike" would have done.

Guest neesy111

No one is saying ashley isn't to blame at all, fact is the player had as much power in the whole deal as the club.  So they are both to blame.

ashley can be blamed for accepting a fee he  thought was too good to turn down (my guess is the majority of the country agree with him), carroll can be blamed for putting in a transfer request when he could easily have said no. (to the request, not necessarily the move)

£35M + is a hell lot of money though.  All of my mates non newcastle friends have said it's a ridiculous amount of money which can't be ignored.  This club is still heavily in debt as well.

He put in the transfer request to complete ashlry's game. At that point there was no doubt that he would leave. He was being forced to. It's impossible to try and stay at this point. Do you really think he wants to pick a fight with the owner of the club? Theres only one winner in that contest. Ashley could have simply released a bunch of bad s*** about Carroll to poison his relationship with the fans, and with hoe easily so many people fell for the version last night, people would have fallen for that too.

he didn't have to put in the request, as said earlier "you've agreed a fee, i'll go, but i'm not putting in a request...your call mike" would have done.

"No I didn\'t that\'s what I mean that\'s what they wanted me to do and I said no."

What changed?

he could have, i doubt many clubs would have though.

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly, also Carroll imo saw the $$$$$ signs coming.  He's apparently got to pay 30% of his earnings to his ex-misus as well, which hardly helps him financially.

I thought you were waiting to hear what Carroll had to say before making a judgement?

Bitter? Yes.

Woke up feeling empty and betrayed. By who?

The fact I voted "Split", is simply down to the fact that:

- Carroll submitted a transfer request.

- Ashley has sold probably the brightest talent we've had, and will get, in many many years, to who? Liverpool! Who the fuck is Liverpool? A quick look at the table says it all.

What makes me bitter is the fact that the transfer money never will be re-invested, even the mackems get more money to spent than us (not saying they are more successful), but at least they're showing some financial strengths in the transfer market.

Would anybody be willing to look at Carroll's stats goals/caps this season and see where we would have been without him from the start? Would be interesting.