West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

If we'd really wanted to keep him we would have offered him a new contract.

And? Give him a new contract every 3 months man when he wants a pay rise.

Guest neesy111

What's to say he wanted a pay rise?

He got a major one in November, players can't ask for new contracts every time they feel like it, strikes of money grabbing.

Cause he wanted a new contract this one time like? Relax man. Should've given him one.

A major one which reportedly is a 40-ish k deal. Just like the one Ireland will get in other words. I'd say he's worth a heck of a lot more.

Best player at the club should be on the highest tbh. When a big club comes knocking, the owner should be looking to keep his main asset by offering him a more lucrative deal.

Don't get me wrong, Carroll is a cunt for handing in a transfer request but more could have been done  :sadnod:

Guest neesy111

Cause he wanted a new contract this one time like? Relax man. Should've given him one.

2 months after his last major contract.  Not even Man Utd or Chelsea give out contracts every 2-3 months man.

2 months after his last major contract.  Not even Man Utd or Chelsea give out contracts every 2-3 months man.

What's to say he wanted a new contract 2 months after his last one like?

ALAN Pardew today hit back at Andy Carrolls claim he was forced out of St Jamess Park.

And Newcastle Uniteds manager also insisted he has been promised that Carrolls £35m-plus fee will be reinvested in the team by owner Mike Ashley.

Carroll last night completed a transfer deadline day move to Liverpool after handing in a written transfer request.

But the striker told friends in a series of texts he didnt want to leave Newcastle and had been forced out because the United wanted the money.

However, Pardew says Carroll who signed a new long-term contract in October approached him about a new contract after training, and handed a transfer request in when the club baulked at renegotiating his deal so soon after it was signed.

Asked about Carrolls texts, Pardew told the Gazette: What can I say? We didnt force anybody to leave.

I disagree with that point. He had a contract here for five years, and at some point it would get renewed, but for him to sign in October and it get renewed in January where would it stop?

Personally, Im disappointed. Hes a lovely lad, and I really like him, but it was his decision, and you cant change that.

Was this about football? Thats what you have to ask. I dont think it was.

Liverpool moved for Carroll after Chelsea hardened their interest in Fernando Torres, who last night joined Chelsea in a British-record £48m deal.

Pardew went on: We turned down a big offer, and they came back with a second big offer.

We were having a discussion about what we were going to do with that offer when Andy requested to see me.

I went to see Andy, and face to face we had a conversation about him wanting a new contract, even though he signed on in October, and (he said) if he didnt get that contract, he wanted go.

I asked him what he wanted, and I went to the board. We had a discussion about what the ramifications would be for the whole club.

We took the view, with him signing a contract in October, that this would cause us all sorts of problems.

We decided that we needed the conversation confirmed, and he put in a transfer request, which he did.

He spoke to his agent, and between them they put the request in. We decided with the size of the offer, and what it meant to us, that we would accept.

Pardew who guaranteed Carroll wouldnt be sold after succeeding Chris Hughton in December was unable to bring in a replacement given the last-minute nature of the deal, which was confirmed less than an hour before transfer-window deadline.

With Wayne Routledge and Xisco having left on loan, and only Stephen Ireland having signed, Pardews squad is significantly weaker than it was a month ago.

However, Pardew has taken Ashleys assurances that the fee will be spent on players in the summer, and beyond, at face value.

We werent expecting him to go, so we werent in a position to replace him, added Pardew.

One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mikes assured me he wont take a penny out of the transfer.

And asked about his repeated assurances that Carroll wouldnt be sold, Pardew said: We never put him up for sale we fended off a bid from another Premiership club.

But no clubs about one player. Were absolutely gutted that hes gone. Its disappointing, but were not in a financial position like Liverpool.

All that took place in a 10 minute time frame ? me thinks not

Guest neesy111

Best player at the club should be on the highest tbh. When a big club comes knocking, the owner should be looking to keep his main asset by offering him a more lucrative deal.

Don't get me wrong, Carroll is a cunt for handing in a transfer request but more could have been done  :sadnod:

Fact is though, he got a new contract in November.  To me we shouldn't even need to offer a new contract as if Carroll was not happy with the terms of the contract then he could of made it drag longer and longer until he got what he felt he deserved.  i.e. Steven Taylor did that

Guest neesy111

Pardew has said he asked for new contract, see his interview.

ALAN Pardew today hit back at Andy Carroll’s claim he was forced out of St James’s Park.

And Newcastle United’s manager also insisted he has been promised that Carroll’s £35m-plus fee will be reinvested in the team by owner Mike Ashley.

Carroll last night completed a transfer deadline day move to Liverpool after handing in a written transfer request.

But the striker told friends in a series of texts he didn’t want to leave Newcastle – and had been forced out because the United “wanted the money”.

However, Pardew says Carroll – who signed a new long-term contract in October – approached him about a new contract after training, and handed a transfer request in when the club baulked at renegotiating his deal so soon after it was signed.

Asked about Carroll’s texts, Pardew told the Gazette: “What can I say? We didn’t force anybody to leave.

“I disagree with that point. He had a contract here for five years, and at some point it would get renewed, but for him to sign in October and it get renewed in January – where would it stop?

“Personally, I’m disappointed. He’s a lovely lad, and I really like him, but it was his decision, and you can’t change that.

“Was this about football? That’s what you have to ask. I don’t think it was.”

Liverpool moved for Carroll after Chelsea hardened their interest in Fernando Torres, who last night joined Chelsea in a British-record £48m deal.

Pardew went on: “We turned down a big offer, and they came back with a second big offer.

“We were having a discussion about what we were going to do with that offer when Andy requested to see me.

“I went to see Andy, and face to face we had a conversation about him wanting a new contract, even though he signed on in October, and (he said) if he didn’t get that contract, he wanted go.

“I asked him what he wanted, and I went to the board. We had a discussion about what the ramifications would be for the whole club.

“We took the view, with him signing a contract in October, that this would cause us all sorts of problems.

“We decided that we needed the conversation confirmed, and he put in a transfer request, which he did.

“He spoke to his agent, and between them they put the request in. We decided with the size of the offer, and what it meant to us, that we would accept.”

Pardew – who “guaranteed” Carroll wouldn’t be sold after succeeding Chris Hughton in December – was unable to bring in a replacement given the last-minute nature of the deal, which was confirmed less than an hour before transfer-window deadline.

With Wayne Routledge and Xisco having left on loan, and only Stephen Ireland having signed, Pardew’s squad is significantly weaker than it was a month ago.

However, Pardew has taken Ashley’s assurances that the fee will be spent on players in the summer, and beyond, at face value.

“We weren’t expecting him to go, so we weren’t in a position to replace him,” added Pardew.

“One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mike’s assured me he won’t take a penny out of the transfer.”

And asked about his repeated assurances that Carroll wouldn’t be sold, Pardew said: “We never put him up for sale – we fended off a bid from another Premiership club.

“But no club’s about one player. We’re absolutely gutted that he’s gone. It’s disappointing, but we’re not in a financial position like Liverpool.”

This is what i thought the whole time.

Carroll is basically stating that he was forced out as no footballer is going to turn down such a huge increase in wages. We made no attempt whatsoever to negotiate an increase in his, regardless of much he is now being valued & he asked to leave.

I still think we could have done better. We wanted the money.

You can have a go at Carroll, but i dont see a single footballer in his position turning down such a move. Nothing to do with loyalty, its a massive difference in how much you're valued by a club.

ALAN Pardew today hit back at Andy Carroll’s claim he was forced out of St James’s Park.

And Newcastle United’s manager also insisted he has been promised that Carroll’s £35m-plus fee will be reinvested in the team by owner Mike Ashley.

But the striker told friends in a series of texts he didn’t want to leave Newcastle – and had been forced out because the United “wanted the money”.

However, Pardew says Carroll – who signed a new long-term contract in October – approached him about a new contract after training, and handed a transfer request in when the club baulked at renegotiating his deal so soon after it was signed.

Asked about Carroll’s texts, Pardew told the Gazette: “What can I say? We didn’t force anybody to leave.

“I disagree with that point. He had a contract here for five years, and at some point it would get renewed, but for him to sign in October and it get renewed in January – where would it stop?

“Personally, I’m disappointed. He’s a lovely lad, and I really like him, but it was his decision, and you can’t change that.

Pardew went on: “We turned down a big offer, and they came back with a second big offer.

“We were having a discussion about what we were going to do with that offer when Andy requested to see me.

“I went to see Andy, and face to face we had a conversation about him wanting a new contract, even though he signed on in October, and (he said) if he didn’t get that contract, he wanted go.

“I asked him what he wanted, and I went to the board. We had a discussion about what the ramifications would be for the whole club.

“We took the view, with him signing a contract in October, that this would cause us all sorts of problems.

“We decided that we needed the conversation confirmed, and he put in a transfer request, which he did.

“He spoke to his agent, and between them they put the request in. We decided with the size of the offer, and what it meant to us, that we would accept.”

Pardew – who “guaranteed” Carroll wouldn’t be sold after succeeding Chris Hughton in December – was unable to bring in a replacement given the last-minute nature of the deal, which was confirmed less than an hour before transfer-window deadline.

With Wayne Routledge and Xisco having left on loan, and only Stephen Ireland having signed, Pardew’s squad is significantly weaker than it was a month ago.

However, Pardew has taken Ashley’s assurances that the fee will be spent on players in the summer, and beyond, at face value.

“We weren’t expecting him to go, so we weren’t in a position to replace him,” added Pardew.

“One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mike’s assured me he won’t take a penny out of the transfer.”

And asked about his repeated assurances that Carroll wouldn’t be sold, Pardew said: “We never put him up for sale – we fended off a bid from another Premiership club.

“But no club’s about one player. We’re absolutely gutted that he’s gone. It’s disappointing, but we’re not in a financial position like Liverpool.”

Well, there we go. End of story. He's a money hungry bitch.

IF it is true and he wanted more money to stay then.. A. he was aware of what Liverpool were willing to pay him(tapping up?)

B.. Club had no choice but to accept the offer, cannot let players do this.. he thinks he is fkn Rooney.

Fact is though, he got a new contract in November.  To me we shouldn't even need to offer a new contract as if Carroll was not happy with the terms of the contract then he could of made it drag longer and longer until he got what he felt he deserved.  i.e. Steven Taylor did that

Another fact is that when he signed the contract, he didn't know the club evaluated him as a £35M player.

Why would you instantly believe Pardew over Carroll?

His deal with us wasn't even that good. If he had gotten this new and improved one, that would prob be the end of it.

If what Pardew is saying is correct then I can't blame him or Ashley at all for accepting the offer. However, I do think that they could maybe have given him a date in the not so distant future (end of 2011/12?) where his contract would be renegotiated.

His deal with us wasn't even that good. If he had gotten this new and improved one, that would prob be the end of it.

he had gotten a new improved deal a few months ago, whats supposed to be done just hand out new contracts every few months?

IF it is true and he wanted more money to stay then.. A. he was aware of what Liverpool were willing to pay him(tapping up?)

B.. Club had no choice but to accept the offer, cannot let players do this.. he thinks he is fkn Rooney.

Its a remarkable circumstance. I doubt theres many players on 20/30k who are being valued at 35 million by other sides. We clearly could have negotiated the situation with him if we'd wanted to.

Carroll is basically stating that he was forced out as no footballer is going to turn down such a huge increase in wages. We made no attempt whatsoever to negotiate an increase in his, regardless of much he is now being valued & he asked to leave.

You can have a go at Carroll, but i dont see a single footballer in his position turning down such a move. Nothing to do with loyalty, its a massive difference in how much you're valued by a club.

aye, "forced" to leave can be taken many ways - to be honest i think in a sense they have very much forced him...he knew what he could get and would probably have been happy to stay in toon if we'd met in the middle, as it is they'll have known that not offering any increase at all would force his hand

they get t/fer request that absolves them of blame and also pocket 35m quid to boot

well played fat boys

Guest neesy111

If any player uses a transfer to get more money out of us, then it shows there real motivation.

he had gotten a new improved deal a few months ago, whats supposed to be done just hand out new contracts every few months?

No as you dont get clubs offering 35mill & to triple a players wages every few months do you.

You do your best to hold onto your best players its quite simple. Offering him more than 30k a week would hardly be ridiculous for his potential.

Not saying that. But to keep hold of our best players we have to be up there with clubs like Tottenham and Liverpool when it comes to wages. Carroll was no where near those wages.