West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Assuming that's all true I'd have done the same tbh.

why ?

no way if i thought the move would go through anyway would i put in a request.

He didn't.

if he didn't put in a request then the place will burn down.

Aye but he didn't, so it won't.  life will go on.

what do you know, everyone else is under the impression he did.

No they aren't lol.  Can you read?

So now there wasn't a transfer request at all?

Bitter? Yes.

Woke up feeling empty and betrayed. By who?

The fact I voted "Split", is simply down to the fact that:

- Carroll submitted a transfer request.

- Ashley has sold probably the brightest talent we've had, and will get, in many many years, to who? Liverpool! Who the f*** is Liverpool? A quick look at the table says it all.

What makes me bitter is the fact that the transfer money never will be re-invested, even the mackems get more money to spent than us (not saying they are more successful), but at least they're showing some financial strengths in the transfer market.

Would anybody be willing to look at Carroll's stats goals/caps this season and see where we would have been without him from the start? Would be interesting.

Take away Carrolls goals & assists this season we'd be on 21 points, joint bottom.

Take away purely his goals we'd be on 24 pts, 2 points off the relegation zone.

What a ridiculous post. We'd have someone else playing instead, who could have scored more. Every game would be shaped differently. Seriously, f***ing stupid.

I answered his Q lad, its hardly ridiculous. Ofcourse you're basically playing the game with 10 men instead. But unless you believe any of our other strikers would have had an equal impact to Carroll then it points out how important hes been.

Guest neesy111

Tbf to Ashley he always gets players to put a transfer request in to save the club a few quid. No doubt he says 3 academy kids are getting there contract cancelled if you don't do this but his heart is in the right place.

Only Milner put in a transfer request, and his was for money.  He publicly said he wanted a new contract after signing one just 8 months previously.  Given and N'Zogbia didn't put in transfer requests but both request to leave.  Given was understandable, and most wanted rid of N'Zogbia anycase.

why ?

He didn't.

i can read, i just can't make sense out of gibberish

why ?

He didn't.

Why would you assume there was?

why ?

He didn't.

Well I think he did put in a transfer request. He's a vile human being.

why ?

He didn't.

that it could be libellous and i'm prettys sure after everywhere reported that a transfer request was issued, carroll and his representatives would be shit hot in denying it.

why ?

He didn't.

Because it's being reported everywhere?

Even Caulkin, who says it was a ploy by Ashley, admitted that there was a transfer request and Carroll signed it.

why ?

He didn't.

Even Caulkin, who says it was a ploy by Ashley, admitted that there was a transfer request and Carroll signed it.

it's different when it's shoved in your face and your made to sign it.  That's not a request, that's an order.

why ?

He didn't.

it's different when it's shoved in your face and your made to sign it.  That's not a request, that's an order.

made ? oh do tell how.

Bitter? Yes.

Woke up feeling empty and betrayed. By who?

The fact I voted "Split", is simply down to the fact that:

- Carroll submitted a transfer request.

- Ashley has sold probably the brightest talent we've had, and will get, in many many years, to who? Liverpool! Who the f*** is Liverpool? A quick look at the table says it all.

What makes me bitter is the fact that the transfer money never will be re-invested, even the mackems get more money to spent than us (not saying they are more successful), but at least they're showing some financial strengths in the transfer market.

Would anybody be willing to look at Carroll's stats goals/caps this season and see where we would have been without him from the start? Would be interesting.

Take away Carrolls goals & assists this season we'd be on 21 points, joint bottom.

Take away purely his goals we'd be on 24 pts, 2 points off the relegation zone.

What a ridiculous post. We'd have someone else playing instead, who could have scored more. Every game would be shaped differently. Seriously, f***ing stupid.

I answered his Q lad, its hardly ridiculous. Ofcourse you're basically playing the game with 10 men instead. But unless you believe any of our other strikers would have had an equal impact to Carroll then it points out how important hes been.

Exactly. Just highlighting how important he's been. That's all.

Today, I'd still take 17th place, like I've said all season. But I think that we'll manage to get another 12 points to get us safe.

Well that's what we're disputing.

Still, it's a transfer request.

Under the shadiest circumstances ever.  Still don't understand how it warrants so much hatred.  I'd personally hate to have my bosses come up to me saying 'we don't want you, sign here and leave please.'

Under the shadiest circumstances ever.  Still don't understand how it warrants so much hatred.  I'd personally hate to have my bosses come up to me saying 'we don't want you, sign here and leave please.'

Because he did.

I'd tell them to do one and that if they wanted rid, then do it.

Imo he couldn't be forced to leave, what would happen Ashley would tell Pardew not to play him,  I doubt it.  Although no doubting The club and Carroll wanted this to go through.  I think Carrolls the one in the wrong tbh, any club in our position would have had to take the money offered, Carroll did not have to leave.

Under the shadiest circumstances ever.  Still don't understand how it warrants so much hatred.  I'd personally hate to have my bosses come up to me saying 'we don't want you, sign here and leave please.'

you'd tell them to f*** off though.

edit...every player knows that if someone comes in with a huge bid they are likely to be off with a massive pay rise to help ease the pain aswell.

Guest neesy111

why ?

He didn't.

Since when did NUFC turn into some Iranian torture regime.

Guest neesy111

Fact is, Carroll could have easily refused to go.  Then go in public to say the club wanted him out, and then he would get his move in the summer easily to any club that is interested.  The whole saga doesn't add up even what viewpoint you take.

why ?

He didn't.

Since when did NUFC turn into some Iranian torture regime.

Some people will say anything to pass the blame.

Guest sittingontheball

Of course he's happy at Liverpool now. He's being paid much more and he'll play in a better team. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing the sequence of events that the club has put out. I'm disputing the fact that Carroll forced this through. I'm sure he's happy about the move now but thats affected by how he was treated by the owner of our club.

I agree with almost everything you've said in all your posts apart from the bold bit. Which is why this deal is so fishy and why your main opinion appears correct. Its only a sideways move for more money. It wouldn't make sense for Carroll to agitate to go to Liverpool. They're not CL bound, look at their fkn defence! Carroll himself scored against Liverpool because their new all-powerful saviour (no make that messiah!) Raul Mereiles gave him five yards to shoot in. The only consistent creativity they have is Glen Johnson. Their best player now is their keeper who is probably off in the summer. Two or three results aside, they're not a club on the up.

Caulkin says he wasn't unsettled and I believe him.

edit...every player knows that if someone comes in with a huge bid they are likely to be off with a massive pay rise to help ease the pain aswell.

What's wrong with accepting a pay rise? It's fucking human nature to want to do better for yourself.

Guest neesy111

Under the shadiest circumstances ever.  Still don't understand how it warrants so much hatred.  I'd personally hate to have my bosses come up to me saying 'we don't want you, sign here and leave please.'

What's wrong with accepting a pay rise? It's fucking human nature to want to do better for yourself.

Because 95% of premiership footballers have more money than sense.  Also the guy said he wanted to be here for next 10 years.  If he really did, he could have easily refused to go.

Because 95% of premiership footballers have more money than sense.

And? A pay rise is a pay rise.

Guest neesy111

ALAN Pardew today hit back at Andy Carroll’s claim he was forced out of St James’s Park.

And Newcastle United’s manager also insisted he has been promised that Carroll’s £35m-plus fee will be reinvested in the team by owner Mike Ashley.

Carroll last night completed a transfer deadline day move to Liverpool after handing in a written transfer request.

But the striker told friends in a series of texts he didn’t want to leave Newcastle – and had been forced out because the United “wanted the money”.

However, Pardew says Carroll – who signed a new long-term contract in October – approached him about a new contract after training, and handed a transfer request in when the club baulked at renegotiating his deal so soon after it was signed.

Asked about Carroll’s texts, Pardew told the Gazette: “What can I say? We didn’t force anybody to leave.

“I disagree with that point. He had a contract here for five years, and at some point it would get renewed, but for him to sign in October and it get renewed in January – where would it stop?

“Personally, I’m disappointed. He’s a lovely lad, and I really like him, but it was his decision, and you can’t change that.

“Was this about football? That’s what you have to ask. I don’t think it was.”

Liverpool moved for Carroll after Chelsea hardened their interest in Fernando Torres, who last night joined Chelsea in a British-record £48m deal.

Pardew went on: “We turned down a big offer, and they came back with a second big offer.

“We were having a discussion about what we were going to do with that offer when Andy requested to see me.

“I went to see Andy, and face to face we had a conversation about him wanting a new contract, even though he signed on in October, and (he said) if he didn’t get that contract, he wanted go.

“I asked him what he wanted, and I went to the board. We had a discussion about what the ramifications would be for the whole club.

“We took the view, with him signing a contract in October, that this would cause us all sorts of problems.

“We decided that we needed the conversation confirmed, and he put in a transfer request, which he did.

“He spoke to his agent, and between them they put the request in. We decided with the size of the offer, and what it meant to us, that we would accept.”

Pardew – who “guaranteed” Carroll wouldn’t be sold after succeeding Chris Hughton in December – was unable to bring in a replacement given the last-minute nature of the deal, which was confirmed less than an hour before transfer-window deadline.

With Wayne Routledge and Xisco having left on loan, and only Stephen Ireland having signed, Pardew’s squad is significantly weaker than it was a month ago.

However, Pardew has taken Ashley’s assurances that the fee will be spent on players in the summer, and beyond, at face value.

“We weren’t expecting him to go, so we weren’t in a position to replace him,” added Pardew.

“One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mike’s assured me he won’t take a penny out of the transfer.”

And asked about his repeated assurances that Carroll wouldn’t be sold, Pardew said: “We never put him up for sale – we fended off a bid from another Premiership club.

“But no club’s about one player. We’re absolutely gutted that he’s gone. It’s disappointing, but we’re not in a financial position like Liverpool.”