West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest magpie99

I honestly dont give a fat rats clacker about him now. He proved to all he was just after the money.

To be honest, it was a great deal for the cluib and I think defenders will learn how to play him because there isnt much more to him than brute force. 35 million quid for Carroll was great business and we have proved since that we can achieve results without him. What is it, one defeat in 8 league games?

Unless Liverpool buy a couple of wingers who stay wide and provide regular crosses, I cannot see him being much of a success there so dont bank on any extra money coming our way because if he does move in the future, it will be for a lot less than what they paid for him.

By the way, it isnt often that players who leave our club prosper better.

I only hope MA spoends the money and more on a few good players to bolster the squad and we keep the likes of Enrique, Barton and Tiote.

I honestly dont give a fat rats clacker about him now. He proved to all he was just after the money.

To be honest, it was a great deal for the cluib and I think defenders will learn how to play him because there isnt much more to him than brute force. 35 million quid for Carroll was great business and we have proved since that we can achieve results without him. What is it, one defeat in 8 league games?

Unless Liverpool buy a couple of wingers who stay wide and provide regular crosses, I cannot see him being much of a success there so dont bank on any extra money coming our way because if he does move in the future, it will be for a lot less than what they paid for him.

By the way, it isnt often that players who leave our club prosper better.

I only hope MA spoends the money and more on a few good players to bolster the squad and we keep the likes of Enrique, Barton and Tiote.

Completely disagree.

Liverpool have got him on the weights already, changed his diet to make him even stronger. Will be a force physically as long as he doesn't go to prison

isn't it strange whenever a player joins a new club they always seem to have to do a load of extra training etc. it's never, "it was a much tougher regime at my previous club, here i come in hangover, piss about on the pitch in some five-a-sides, have some food then fuck off to the bookies"

Liverpool have got him on the weights already, changed his diet to make him even stronger. Will be a force physically as long as he doesn't go to prison

isn't it strange whenever a player joins a new club they always seem to have to do a load of extra training etc.

They want to develop, we just try to avoid injury due to squad size.

isn't it strange whenever a player joins a new club they always seem to have to do a load of extra training etc.

They want to develop, we just try to avoid injury due to squad size.

not just here. the only ones who say their new clubs are lax are those that come from abroad.

Its just crap from the papers about how great a club Liverpool are.

Carroll wasn't doing too badly with our coaches and training regimes was he?  No doubt in the future, Liverpool will get all the credit for turning him into an England international...

isn't it strange whenever a player joins a new club they always seem to have to do a load of extra training etc. it's never, "it was a much tougher regime at my previous club, here i come in hangover, piss about on the pitch in some five-a-sides, have some food then f*** off to the bookies"

Almost exactly what happened to Jimmy Greaves at West Ham I believe. Halcyon days.

The risk about Carroll is his injury proneness.  History proves that tall strikers tends to have more injuries.  If Carroll is also an injury-prone player (his record wasn't very good here already), he'll never fulfill his potential that worhts 35m.  In addition to that, once the injury brings permanent obstacles to his aerial powerness, he's finished. 

In fact, if I am the manager, I would rather make his training schedule become lighter rather than heavier. 

The risk about Carroll is his injury proneness.  History proves that tall strikers tends to have more injuries.  If Carroll is also an injury-prone player (his record wasn't very good here already), he'll never fulfill his potential that worhts 35m.  In addition to that, once the injury brings permanent obstacles to his aerial powerness, he's finished. 

In fact, if I am the manager, I would rather make his training schedule become lighter rather than heavier. 

When has Carroll ever been injury prone? ???

When has Carroll ever been injury prone? ???

Disregarding his first season at EPL, last year he missed out 6-8 league games due to injury (as far as I remember), this year he's out from mid December till mid February.

To me it's enough to raise doubts.  Probably not for others.

The risk about Carroll is his injury proneness.  History proves that tall strikers tends to have more injuries.  If Carroll is also an injury-prone player (his record wasn't very good here already), he'll never fulfill his potential that worhts 35m.  In addition to that, once the injury brings permanent obstacles to his aerial powerness, he's finished.  

Really?? I stand to be corrected, but let's start with Michael Owen.

Last season Carroll missed a couple of games through illness, three with a groin strain and went missing for a game or two when he was in trouble. Still featured in over 40 games. He's injured, he's not injury prone. If he is then so is the entire squad, with the exception of Coloccini, who is clearly indestructible