West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rather have Ba, thanks. It's about as tempting as Marmite - and I rate Carroll.

Yup you sure did rated Carroll even saying that he was better than Suarez  :lol:

How times have changed. Quite a few (valiantly led by the likes of Wullie) was not willing to sell him for even 50 million when he was sold. I want us to get one more striker in January but no thanks to Carroll. As for his current value, probbaly around the 12M mark now

To be fair it wasn't just Ronaldo, their were a few claiming he was the best striker in the league.

He was the best in the first half of last season, like. Not that I ever claimed he was a better footballer than Suarez.

He was unplayable by the time we sold him. He scored and was a threat against anyone. Somehow that has disappeard by now, which makes Liverpool look ridiculous. If he can reach that level he'll be worth every penny. I'd have him back in a flash as he offers so much when up to pace etc.

He'll never find the fire and passion which drove him on here, how much of that is Andy's game I don't know, but right now it looks like half of it was left here.

Maybe that knee injury took a yard of pace off him, we knew about it and cashed in. Maybe he's half a season wonder. Maybe he just needs time, maybe he's a homesick Geordie wanting to come home.

Whatever it may be, we got a great fee for him and have moved on leaps and bounds , but I don't see it as clear cut as we cannot accommodate him in the squad, the day we stop playing wingers then we've no need for him.

Guest Heneage

I do feel for those 96 lost, but how come so little is made of the fans who barged in without tickets and essentially caused the overcrowding?