West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If possible we need to be buying a new forward partnership. Wouldn't be the end of the world if we only purchase the one fast striker to play off Carroll but if the moneys there, go for a better target man aswell as in reality Carroll just doesn't have the ability to be an above average Prem striker.

Carroll needs to be starting next year - since January has been superb. 

Sylvan ebanks-blake was superb all season in a lesser team, your argument has no substance. Carroll's not ready to be our main man.

Who would you play/sign instead? (apologies if you've said already)

Sylvan ebanks-blake was superb all season in a lesser team, your argument has no substance. Carroll's not ready to be our main man.

Carroll has been our best striker since January, so next season amongst our current line up, he should/needs to be starting - unless there is new signings made.

It works both ways though, look at Kenwyne Jones, plays in a similar fashion to Andy Carroll and in the championship he scored less goals and was a couple of years older. He's looked decent in the premier league, mind not worth the 20M the papers were touting him for a move to spurs for.  :rolleyes:

Guest Geordiekev

If possible we need to be buying a new forward partnership. Wouldn't be the end of the world if we only purchase the one fast striker to play off Carroll but if the moneys there, go for a better target man aswell as in reality Carroll just doesn't have the ability to be an above average Prem striker.

FFS do you think we will be an above average prem team for our 1st couple seasons, get a reality check...

Carroll has been our best striker since January, so next season amongst our current line up, he should/needs to be starting - unless their is new signings made.

I quite agree.

FFS do you think we will be an above average prem team for our 1st couple seasons, get a reality check...

I did say he should only be replaced if possible. IMO opinion we could get a more talented target man quite cheap if we look abroad  :-*

That all depends on how much money we've got. Kevin Doyle is one option, Robert Aquafresca is another. Mbokani and Crouch would also do well but aren't realistic.

Wouldn't give Wolves the money they would want for Doyle because I can't see them making a loss on him & he's not worth what they paid in the first place.  I'd not be convinced he would get more than Carroll over the course of a season either, had to check, but he only has 7 in the Premier League this year.

Don't know anything at all about the other lad either, but there's nothing in his record to suggest he's particularly prolific.

Mind I have no idea who we should be signing either. :lol:

That all depends on how much money we've got. Kevin Doyle is one option, Robert Aquafresca is another. Mbokani and Crouch would also do well but aren't realistic.

Wouldn't give Wolves the money they would want for Doyle because I can't see them making a loss on him & he's not worth what they paid in the first place.  I'd not be convinced he would get more than Carroll over the course of a season either, had to check, but he only has 7 in the Premier League this year.

Don't know anything at all about the other lad either, but there's nothing in his record to suggest he's particularly prolific.

Fletcher scored more, is younger and would probably cost half as much as Doyle.

Fletcher scored more, is younger and would probably cost half as much as Doyle.

yeah, that's a very good shout..

I like Doyle a lot.. used to think he's somewhat overrated but he has shown immense work rate this season. He's literally carrying the team's attacking play on his back. We need a player of his type but still, can we afford to pay 7-8 million for him?

Like it or not, Carroll will feature regularly next season and I think he's capable of improving further.

i'd like us to get 2 strikers who can come straight into the first team. Carroll and Loven have a big part to play next season but we really do need more upfront. carroll has promise but i don't think he is good enough to rely on over a whole season. in reality, he's only performed to a high standard for half a season this year. there will be times when his form dips next season so we need other options.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

:lol:

Aquafresca is really shit. Mbokani seems hit and miss.

:lol:

Fuck are you laughing at?

Guest Heneage

Aquafresca is really s***. Mbokani seems hit and miss.

Acquafresca is anything but 'really s***'.  Totally unrealistic mind.

He's like Andy Johnson and Rolando Bianchi, one good season. He won't make Italy's squad, and rightly so, average striker at best.

Aquafresca is really s***. Mbokani seems hit and miss.

Acquafresca is anything but 'really s***'.  Totally unrealistic mind.

He's like Andy Johnson and Rolando Bianchi, one good season. He won't make Italy's squad, and rightly so, average striker at best.

As i understand this year has been his only poor one.  His finishing isn't average.