West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know fuck all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

Can't De Jong play wider though?

Guest BooBoo

Still feels wrong seeing him playing for Liverpool or England when he is not a toon player.

Still can't bring myself to forgive him for that dive. Still think he was going down before he realized if he'd stayed on his feet, tap-in.

Can't believe people are even discussing the dive. Footballers occasionally cheat to get an advantage. Get over it.

Guest Phil K

Not again. He blatantly bottled it/panicked when he realised in a split second he was going to score against his boyhood club.

Think it's one of THOSE ocassions you either see it one way or the other, and ne'er the twain shall meet.

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know fuck all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

Dunno mate, as I said I don't know owt about him. Think someone on here said that, but on the video I watched he was a #9 and looked like one.

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know f*** all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

That's what people like Mole would have you believe, but in reality he really is a central forward iyam.

Guest Phil K

I think it's strange. I still think Demba may be going despite all the stuff contrary from him.

Carroll would be a straight replacement not someone for future.

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know f*** all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

It would be the same regardless of who we bring in looking at who we have linked with lately. The only thing different with De Jong was his supposed versatility. If we were spending 8-12m on a striker that can play out wide then they are easier to accommodate in the team, depending on which style we play and will certainly get more chances to play.

For us we want the best player we can get, it is a harder decision for Carroll who needs first team football and would be a starter at most other clubs that are interested in him.

That's what people like Mole would have you believe, but in reality he really is a central forward iyam.

The Twente fan I asked said he can and has played wide of their front 3 frequently.

He certainly sounded far more flexible than Carroll. Carroll we would be obliged to always play through the middle.

Guest bimpy474

Dunno mate, as I said I don't know owt about him. Think someone on here said that, but on the video I watched he was a #9 and looked like one.

Isn't this what we do as English team supporters. Think of players in only one way. The reason players in Holland say can play in a 3 up front despite what they appear to be, is they are comfortable taking up each others roles.

Surely Ba, Cisse and Carroll if they did start together can rotate all the positions between them.....love a bit of movement me like.

The Twente fan I asked said he can and has played wide of their front 3 frequently.

:snod:

It's the same old issue with me - I'd much prefer us to buy a striker who can play deeper and / or wider. Hoilett, Moses and Zaha were the ones I thought we might have our eye on.

You'll know that better than me mate, i dont recall it at all, must of missed it (on here i mean).

I do recall that my boss in one of his chats he's had with Dekka, was along the line of " look at Man City they can bring on Balotelli, we've got Perch (that was after mentioning i was a Newcastle fan).

True story that like, Dekka goes to family get togethers/birthdays etc that my boss goes to, my boss got his pic taken with him, just to show me (and got bought a pint too).

It wasn't quite the way i remembered it but almost, and Llambias couldn't lie straight in bed.  http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,90963.msg3332417.html#msg3332417

It was obvious at times last season we missed a target man to take some of the pressure off us. In fact a few time shola did this and we looked much better.  this has got  to be behind pardews thinking. talk of looking for deeper players., or putting him on the left is missing the point tbh.

Don't think Pardew would go anywhere near him if the thought he could affect the dressing room. That's the single most pleasing factor about the team at the moment.

Always got the impression that the other players liked Carroll and didn't things get resolved between him and Taylor in the end?  Quite a few seemed upset when he left and have kept in touch.  Pardew has consistently spoken highly of him and defended him in the media - more than you would expect from a player's former manager - so I always thought he would be interested but could never see it happening from a financial point of view.