West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dont understand peopel saying they dont want him back.

It we keep Ba/ cisse he will be an excellent addition.

If we lose one of them, he will be an essential replacement.

Because he's only suited to play either in a 4-4-2 or in the centre of a 4-3-3 (which is our best formation IMO). There aren't many strikers in the world I'd move Cissé for, and Carroll certainly isn't one of them.

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know f*** all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

Can't De Jong play wider though?

That's what people like Mole would have you believe, but in reality he really is a central forward iyam.

The Twente fan I asked said he can and has played wide of their front 3 frequently.

:snod:

That doesn't make him a wide player still. It is quite usual for young forwards trying to break into the team to first play wide of a front 3. It's how Van Persie started at Feyenoord for example. He may be able to play there yes, but it's certainly not his best or natural position.

Guest BooBoo

Liverpool clearly are willing to listen to offers. We are interested and Carroll will walk back to Newcastle given half a chance.

Expect this to happen tbh.

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know f*** all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

That's what people like Mole would have you believe, but in reality he really is a central forward iyam.

The Twente fan I asked said he can and has played wide of their front 3 frequently.

That doesn't make him a wide player still. It is quite usual for young forwards trying to break into the team to first play wide of a front 3. It's how Van Persie started at Feyenoord for example. He may be able to play there yes, but it's certainly not his best or natural position.

But it means we can accomodate him in the team either in that position or as a the middle player game to game etc. You couldn't do that with Carroll.

I never said it's his natural position or he was a wide player, i said he has played there before and can do it rather easily.

Because he's only suited to play either in a 4-4-2 or in the centre of a 4-3-3 (which is our best formation IMO). There aren't many strikers in the world I'd move Cissé for, and Carroll certainly isn't one of them.

Cisse playing off carol knock downs could be fucking devastating.

Cisse playing off carol knock downs could be fucking devastating.

That would mean Ba isn't playing though, and Ba is twice the player Carroll is.

EDIT: And it would probably mean HBA playing in a RW position, forcing Cabaye to take on more defensive duties than the Cabaye we saw during the 4-3-3 when he was on top of his game. Don't get me wrong, Cabaye is great in that position too, just not as good.

Cisse playing off carol knock downs could be f***ing devastating.

We have a whole european campaign to play as well as FA cup and league cup games.

Our fixture list next season is going to be massive.

We have a whole european campaign to play as well as FA cup and league cup games.

I'm not saying don't get any striker, I just want a striker that's more flexible than Carroll. Like Sewelly says, you really can't play him anywhere else other than a CF, and that is not the player we need. Ba, Cissé and even Shola can play that role.

its almost beyond belief that a fan of this club- the fucking problems weve had down the years, dosent understand the need for more than simply a first choice forward line up.

But it means we can accomodate him in the team either in that position or as a the middle player game to game etc. You couldn't do that with Carroll.

True. I would have been happy with either to be fair, as long as it was to compliment Ba and Cisse. I'm happy we're looking at this calibre of striker and reasonable confident we'll get one.

Also without Ba and Cisse for up to six weeks aren't we ?

ANC.

As is Carroll for 6 weeks per season for the annual 'Romany Travellers Cup'. Played on freshly laid tarmac, caravans for changing rooms and Paddy O'Doherty as Team Gaffer.

New venue every year. Not many big crowds but plenty of dags.

Very true this, From Pards up they have praised the lad and not slated him at all.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-worth-f-all-claims-Newcastle-MD-Derek-Llambias-article829815.html

Whoops. :lol:

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

:mackems:

A fair few pages now but fell behind on my reading. Never knew that last line ffs. :lol: Unreal. Likeability factor has just bumped up a little more for Ashley and Llambias tbh.

Guest bimpy474

ANC.

Probably not. They're playing Ivory Coast in a play-off.

ANC.

They are playing Ivory Coast in their qualifier, hopefully Tiote keeps them quiet :smug:

Better an Ivory Coast win then ;)