West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

How does Mrs Bimpy know he doesn't want to go to West Ham? :/

Oi less of the troglodyte you...........:D

£16m ffs.

Less 25% which is our reported sell on clause with them for AC, less whatever they have left owing to us (they only "only" !! paid £30 Mill up front) say £3Mill, so £16 Mill = £9Mill

If its a loan with a set price, activated by number of appearances (i.e. if he plays 25 times we have to cough up and they must sell, if he doesnt either party can back out) it puts us in a good position for next summer, when all of the premier league clubs will be flush with extra cash and so player prices will go up.  it gives us a year to decide whether to buy him at this summers price.  a year from now we may need a striker more than we do now, or we may not.  the price for 'holding' the sale option is a years wages plus whatever loan fee.

this is the only was i can rationalise us going near him at these prices this summer, to hold an option which we may need next year more than we do at the minute

Gupter really dislike Carroll. :lol:

Was it the same when he was here, or after he went to Liverpool?

Same when he was here, you can probably find the evidence of it from a couple of years ago on here, if you're sad. :lol:

Genuinely celebrated heavily on that 31st of January 2011. I knew then it was a great thing for the club, and it has proved to be. I never want to see him back here, Andy Carroll is a black mark on Newcastle United and a black mark on English football.

:lol:

I do not want to dive into your post mayhem tbh. So much strange shit that might scar me for life. So i believe you :lol:

But fair play to you sir, stick to your guns.

I could just not remember anyone really hating him while he was here.

Guest neesy111

I would put more stock into Ali's post if he didn't think the likes of Eto'o and Benzema were 'shit'.

It's all relative, it's a concept that most don't want to understand.

No, it shows what complete clown you are.  If them 2 are shit then just about every striker in the world is.

I would put more stock into Ali's post if he didn't think the likes of Eto'o and Benzema were 'shit'.

No, it shows what complete clown you are.  If them 2 are shit then just about every striker in the world is.

No, they're shit in the way that they've overhyped, they're still obviously good players.

Eto'o is probably a little better than my opinion, because I really dislike him, but Benzema is certainly no superstar, although people are starting to understand that now.

When you start getting into the realms of Jermain Defoe, Darren Bent and Louis Saha, that's when genuine shite comes out though, fantasy careers they've had in the eyes of many.

Guest neesy111

No, they're shit in the way that they've overhyped, they're still obviously good players.

Eto'o is probably a little better than my opinion, because I really dislike him, but Benzema is certainly no superstar, although people are starting to understand that now.

Benzema's form this season was one of the key reasons for Real winning the league :lol:

Benzema's form this season was one of the key reasons for Real winning the league :lol:

No, no it wasn't.

I would put more stock into Ali's post if he didn't think the likes of Eto'o and Benzema were 's***'.

No, it shows what complete clown you are.  If them 2 are s*** then just about every striker in the world is.

No, they're s*** in the way that they've overhyped, they're still obviously good players.

No, no it wasn't.

Aye, his 21 goals and 7 assists and creating numerous more chances in 34 games were all irrelevant to Madrid's success.

I would put more stock into Ali's post if he didn't think the likes of Eto'o and Benzema were 's***'.

No, it shows what complete clown you are.  If them 2 are s*** then just about every striker in the world is.

No, they're s*** in the way that they've overhyped, they're still obviously good players.

No, no it wasn't.

Aye, his 21 goals and 7 assists and creating numerous more chances in 34 games were all irrelevant to Madrid's success.

Did I deny that he did well?

He did well, as any decent striker in that team would do, but are people trying to suggest he's a game changer or without him they wouldn't have won the league? Considering the replacement would be Higuain I highly doubt that.

Guest neesy111

No, no it wasn't.

He did well, as any decent striker in that team would do, but are people trying to suggest he's a game changer or without him they wouldn't have won the league? Considering the replacement would be Higuain I highly doubt that.

Well the fact he's keeping Higuain out of the team tell's it own story.

Someone on another forum (unrelated to footy in a footy thread) saying makes sense for us cos Ba wants out and Cisse will be sold to a big club soon enough. Literally wanted to punch them through the internet  :rant: :huff:

No, no it wasn't.

Well the fact he's keeping Higuain out of the team tell's it own story.

Not really, Higuain is a better footballer and has proved that pretty much throughout his career. Every manager has his favourites.

Carroll is one of the most physically imposing strikers around at the moment.  I reckon he'd be a great re-addition to our squad as long as it doesn't lead to anyone else going. He could give us an extra dimension that was clearly missing at times last season.

At times, before we sold him, he was unplayable and we weren't exactly playing Stoke-esque football at the time so the long-ball argument doesn't worry me either.

I couldn't give a shit how much we're prepared to pay for him. The only concern I would have is if paying £16m for Carroll means we can't sign another one of our targets, but we still have offers in for Anita, Douglas and Debuchy so that doesn't seem to be the case.

Leave the financial decisions to the money men. We've all become tightarses in the last year or so because the club is now being run so well. They're not going to spend money they don't have so fuck it, get him in!