West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

-25% its around £14.5m, makes sense.

In the could be spent somewhere else camp on that price mind.

Where has that 25% bollocks come from? Either way, I'm not interested in a permanent deal unless it's a real steal, and this ain't it. Hope they've got it wrong.

Guest antz1uk

not got sky n nowt on twitter, is this a wind up NO style?  :undecided:

You seriously thought it was serious ?

i just came back on and saw the last page quickly, have since read the last few pages! cnuts!  :knuppel2:

From the official Liverpool website:

"There has been a lot written and spoken about him but first and foremost Andy is a Liverpool player," said the boss.

"To consider a loan period for someone the club spent £35million on isn't something we're looking to do at this moment in time.

"Andy will be the same as every other player - if there's ever an offer that comes in we'd look at it as a club and see if it's going to be worthwhile for the club and the team as a whole.

"The club invested £35million in him. People talk about whether he can fit into my style or not, but if you're a club and you spend £35million on a player you'd like to think he can fit into whatever style the team plays.

"He's a good player. He'll join the rest of the group next week and we'll take it from there."

Changed his tune hasn't he?

"The club invested £35million in him. People talk about whether he can fit into my style or not, but if you're a club and you spend £35million on a player you'd like to think he can fit into whatever style the team plays.

hmm bit of a dig at carroll perhaps

hmm bit of a dig at carroll perhaps

Perhaps? :lol:

It's clear that they want to sell him, but our offer isn't attractive at present.

Hopefully we'll now leave this deal alone until deadline day and focus on Debuchy, Anita, Douglas and Good if we're still looking to get him.

EDIT: Not that I want him anywhere near myself, but if the club actually want to get him that's what would be best

Hopefully we'll now leave this deal alone until deadline day and focus on Debuchy, Anita, Douglas and Good if we're still looking to get him.

Agreed. That would put us in a really strong position as long as nobody else has come in that Carroll would consider moving to and Carroll has been fully ignored by Rodgers. The only problem is where it would leave us if the plan doesn't work. That won't enter into Mike's thinking though, unfortunately, so I would be surprised to see another striker/forward come in before deadline day.

Translation:

This lanky streak of piss and his ridiculous price tag are already the bane of my life and I can't wait to see the back of him.  However since Newcastle's best offer so far is Xisco and a Sports Direct mug then I'm going to have to pretend that this shithouse is the bee's knees for the next few weeks to get a better offer.  Fuck my life.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Translation:

This lanky streak of p*ss and his ridiculous price tag are already the bane of my life and I can't wait to see the back of him.  However since Newcastle's best offer so far is Xisco and a Sports Direct mug then I'm going to have to pretend that this shithouse is the bee's knees for the next few weeks to get a better offer.  f*** my life.

:lol:

Translation:

This lanky streak of p*ss and his ridiculous price tag are already the bane of my life and I can't wait to see the back of him.  However since Newcastle's best offer so far is Xisco and a Sports Direct mug then I'm going to have to pretend that this shithouse is the bee's knees for the next few weeks to get a better offer.  f*** my life.

:mackems:

Translation:

This lanky streak of piss and his ridiculous price tag are already the bane of my life and I can't wait to see the back of him.  However since Newcastle's best offer so far is Xisco and a Sports Direct mug then I'm going to have to pretend that this shithouse is the bee's knees for the next few weeks to get a better offer.  Fuck my life.

;D