West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So it's impossible for players to get better or others to drop away :rolleyes:

Benzema had an incredible season, and maybe Real may have won without him but that's rather up in the air.

Of course it's possible, but it hasn't happened here.

For what it's worth, for people who clearly like stats above all, Higuain scored more goals and got the same number of assists as Benzema in the league last season.

Oops.

Not necessarily saying Higuain wouldn't have done the same but it's a bit silly to say it's pure favouratism, fact is Higuain failed to push himself back into contention and I'm willing to bet it was about more than just Mourinho liking Benzema as a person.

I would put more stock into Ali's post if he didn't think the likes of Eto'o and Benzema were 's***'.

It's all relative, it's a concept that most don't want to understand.

No, it shows what complete clown you are.  If them 2 are s*** then just about every striker in the world is.

No, they're s*** in the way that they've overhyped, they're still obviously good players.

Eto'o is probably a little better than my opinion, because I really dislike him, but Benzema is certainly no superstar, although people are starting to understand that now.

Benzema's form this season was one of the key reasons for Real winning the league :lol:

No, no it wasn't.

Aye, his 21 goals and 7 assists and creating numerous more chances in 34 games were all irrelevant to Madrid's success.

Did I deny that he did well?

He did well, as any decent striker in that team would do, but are people trying to suggest he's a game changer or without him they wouldn't have won the league? Considering the replacement would be Higuain I highly doubt that.

Well the fact he's keeping Higuain out of the team tell's it own story.

Not really, Higuain is a better footballer and has proved that pretty much throughout his career. Every manager has his favourites.

You're talking our of your arse again Ali.

I would put more stock into Ali's post if he didn't think the likes of Eto'o and Benzema were 's***'.

It's all relative, it's a concept that most don't want to understand.

No, it shows what complete clown you are.  If them 2 are s*** then just about every striker in the world is.

No, they're s*** in the way that they've overhyped, they're still obviously good players.

Eto'o is probably a little better than my opinion, because I really dislike him, but Benzema is certainly no superstar, although people are starting to understand that now.

Benzema's form this season was one of the key reasons for Real winning the league :lol:

No, no it wasn't.

Aye, his 21 goals and 7 assists and creating numerous more chances in 34 games were all irrelevant to Madrid's success.

Did I deny that he did well?

He did well, as any decent striker in that team would do, but are people trying to suggest he's a game changer or without him they wouldn't have won the league? Considering the replacement would be Higuain I highly doubt that.

Well the fact he's keeping Higuain out of the team tell's it own story.

Not really, Higuain is a better footballer and has proved that pretty much throughout his career. Every manager has his favourites.

You're talking our of your arse again Ali.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/261140_126732444075874_3386820_n.jpg

Can see it now, if we get him, if Ba and Cisse don't perform next season, people will be blaming Carroll.

If we buy him, i'm going to blame him for everything. Regardless if he plays or not.

FFS :lol: Have we not learned anything about how we reacted when Pardew was announced manager.

Guest Geordiesned

No, they're shit in the way that they've overhyped, they're still obviously good players.

That is the most nonsensical thing I've ever read on this forum and that takes some doing!

No, they're shit in the way that they've overhyped, they're still obviously good players.

That is the most nonsensical thing I've ever read on this forum and that takes some doing!

Rather than constantly saying "player x is overrated on the basis that he's playing for a club above his ability and said club would be better suited with a better player" every single time, I prefer to say "player x is shit", it has the added bonus of usually getting a response from the mongs.

Can see it now, if we get him, if Ba and Cisse don't perform next season, people will be blaming Carroll.

If we buy him, i'm going to blame him for everything. Regardless if he plays or not.

FFS :lol: Have we not learned anything about how we reacted when Pardew was announced manager.

I don't want him back, there's too much romanticism going around. There's no logical reason to pay anymore than 6m for him.

There's no reason to pay so much money for such a limited player who does not fit our recent policy of buying.

I really don't understand it, why cant we just continue buying technically good players, with good movement and versatile.

Plus Pardew costed the club nothing, 16m is around 10m more than we should pay in fact we shouldn't even be tracking him ffs.

I really really hope we don't sign him.

I'd love to know how Eto'o is overhyped. He literally couldn't have achieved anything more than he has done.

Amazing at a little club, fantastic record once he stepped up to Barca, the ultimate big game player (including 2 CL final goals). Then he went Italy and proved he could do not only the selfless team role under Mourinho, but the following season he stuck two fingers up to the deep defensive lines in Serie A and scored and assisted an absolute shitload carrying a team on his back. Oh and he's got one of the best international records going.

Phenomenal player.

Guest neesy111

I'd love to know how Eto'o is overhyped. He literally couldn't have achieved anything more than he has done.

Amazing at a little club, fantastic record once he stepped up to Barca, the ultimate big game player (including 2 CL final goals). Then he went Italy and proved he could do not only the selfless team role under Mourinho, but the following season he stuck two fingers up to the deep defensive lines in Serie A and scored and assisted an absolute shitload carrying a team on his back. Oh and he's got one of the best international records going.

Phenomenal player.

:thup:

I've watched Eto'o go through games missing sitter after sitter enough times to know he's not all that.

Very good player, but not a patch on other strikers of his era, that is why he is overrated, and shit.

I've watched Eto'o go through games missing sitter after sitter enough times to know he's not all that.

Very good player, but not a patch on other strikers of his era, that is why he is overrated, and shit.

His era? So the noughties? Who is better?

He could give us an extra dimension that was clearly missing at times last season.

honest question but which games do you think we needed that option in?

The ones we didn't win

:lol:

David Villa is/was certainly better, Torres at his peak, Ronaldo can just about fall into the era and Henry stand out straight away. In more recent times Aguero, Higuain and Rooney are all better.

Guest firetotheworks

Very good player, but not a patch on other strikers of his era, that is why he is overrated, and s***.

David Villa is/was certainly better, Torres at his peak, Ronaldo can just about fall into the era and Henry stand out straight away. In more recent times Aguero, Higuain and Rooney are all better.

PAHAHA Rooney! Man, you silly.