West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Quite laughable really, if we don't bring anyone in.

Going into a season with 3 first team strikers to which 2 could be off for a month in January is nothing short of farcical.

Also Shola's injury record is pitiful as well.

Quite laughable really, if we don't bring anyone in.

Going into a season with 3 first team strikers to which 2 could be off for a month in January is nothing short of farcical.

Also Shola's injury record is pitiful as well.

You do know that there is a transfer window in January right?  By which time we'll know who has qualified for the ACN.  I'd like a couple more players of course, but there's no need for this

Are other teams spending next years tv money now? Cannot understand our small business considering we finished 5th and are in europe needing to add to the squad and kick on rather than stand still and then other teams around us spending 8 figure fees on players.

I'd find it hard to stomach if we don't get Debuchy, mind. Everything was set and it seems like rigid stubbornness is going to end it.

Now, of course, we don't know the exact situation. But it seemed to be in the bag.

Seriously if the sum total of our pre season is signing a defensive midfielder who we didn't really need, then the club want shooting with s***. I've praised them for their shrewd dealings of the last few years, but we've made a right hash this time.

:lol: And people think Gupter was boring?

What? Otter is mates with the mods so he can say what he wants, he's been by far the worst 'contributor' to the site for as long as I can remember. Just let the moron spout his shite behind his computer, I feel sorry for such a pathetic individual.

we wont sign anyone..

bollocks, every transfer period someone on this forum spouts the same nonsense and lo and behold something happens and we all say f*ck me what happened there as another unexpected signing turns up. Howay we all know how Ashley and this club now operate.

Guest frazernufc

Niang or Guidetti would be my bets, both played in our 2 favourite leagues at the moment last season, so some scouting would of been done on them.

Guest Wally_McFool

Howay we all know how Ashley and this club now operate.

Yeah, we should be thankful and extremely grateful to Mike and Derek for getting any new signings "over the line" blah blah blah

Guest Realist

Howay we all know how Ashley and this club now operate.

Yeah, we should be thankful and extremely grateful to Mike and Derek for getting any new signings "over the line" blah blah blah

Said no one ever.

Guest bimpy474

So, is it Carroll or a young striker?  :hmm:

Blatantly gonna be neither like. Hope I'm wrong.

Just a little point. When Pardew said might try to bring in a younger player, he did not say a striker. He didn't specify a position.

The younger than Carroll confusion is because he answered a question about bringing someone in straight after being asked about Carroll.

Thats how i heard it fwiw.