West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didnt like the tone of that interview at all. If it was open and honest pards then doesn't sound like were going to sign anyone of note. Hopefully it was "little white lies" pards.

I wouldn't read too much into what he says to be frank, we'll see.

Far more of an indicator is how we've said in the past that we don't believe the deals at the end of the window offer value for money and that we don't go for players that haven't been scouted to fuck. They've shown this by how little deadline day spending we've done in recent years. I'll be very surprised if we go for someone that we haven't been credited with an interest in before now.

Guest bimpy474

BBC one says will be using two strikers as much as possible, 4-3-3 is out the window for the most part.

4-3-3 is with Ba and Cisse (2 strikers) as well.

Dreamy but clearly just a dream.

Guest BooBoo

Seriously if the sum total of our pre season is signing a defensive midfielder who we didn't really need, then the club want shooting with shit. I've praised them for their shrewd dealings of the last few years, but we've made a right hash this time.

Didnt like the tone of that interview at all. If it was open and honest pards then doesn't sound like were going to sign anyone of note. Hopefully it was "little white lies" pards.

When have we ever been pleasently surprised under the Ashley regime?

Cisse signing. Pardew was adamant we wouldn't be signing a striker that window.

Seriously if the sum total of our pre season is signing a defensive midfielder who we didn't really need, then the club want shooting with shit. I've praised them for their shrewd dealings of the last few years, but we've made a right hash this time.

surely the most significant thing is that our best players never fucked off, I feared it.

Why didn't we need him? Tiote has hardly been an everpresent. As much as our youngsters have looked good (especially Bigi) I don't think we have just signed someone for the sake of it, he will be needed.

surely the most significant thing is that our best players never fucked off, I feared it.

There's still time yet.  :undecided:

Net spend of about 3 mil so far isnt it? Definitely can't see Ashley loosening the purse strings this window but hoping to be surprised. Maybe he was banking on a big sale to fund all our other dealings.

Guest BooBoo

Both were important. We've done well to retain our players but our recruitment hasn't been sufficient.

Guest BooBoo

Why didn't we need him? Tiote has hardly been an everpresent. As much as our youngsters have looked good (especially Bigi) I don't think we have just signed someone for the sake of it, he will be needed.

Given we have quite a few central midfielders, the top priority should have been a right back or striker. I think Anita will be a good addition but shouldn't have been prioritised IMO.

Cisse signing. Pardew was adamant we wouldn't be signing a striker that window.

We had an inclination a bit before something was happening on that front, I'm refering to signing a top player when no links or strong rumours we're active despite what AP says.

Given we have quite a few central midfielders, the top priority should have been a right back or striker. I think Anita will be a good addition but shouldn't have been prioritised IMO.

Tbf we have about 5 players who can play right back.

Not that I wouldn't have preferred Debuchy but Anita wasn't a signing we didn't need.

Seriously if the sum total of our pre season is signing a defensive midfielder who we didn't really need, then the club want shooting with s***. I've praised them for their shrewd dealings of the last few years, but we've made a right hash this time.

We didn't need?  One injury and he's starting 2 games in 3 days.  Of course we needed him.  You're becoming a parody of yourself man.

Seriously if the sum total of our pre season is signing a defensive midfielder who we didn't really need, then the club want shooting with s***. I've praised them for their shrewd dealings of the last few years, but we've made a right hash this time.

:lol: And people think Gupter was boring?