West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, is it Carroll or a young striker?  :hmm:

Blatantly gonna be neither like. Hope I'm wrong.

Just a little point. When Pardew said might try to bring in a younger player, he did not say a striker. He didn't specify a position.

The younger than Carroll confusion is because he answered a question about bringing someone in straight after being asked about Carroll.

Thats how i heard it fwiw.

Also the first quotes in the article are over a month old... Just a typical cut & paste job to fit a headline...

Guest bimpy474

Just a little point. When Pardew said might try to bring in a younger player, he did not say a striker. He didn't specify a position.

The younger than Carroll confusion is because he answered a question about bringing someone in straight after being asked about Carroll.

Also the first quotes in the article are over a month old... Just a typical cut & paste job to fit a headline...

I read that article and it looks written before Pard's comments last night.

In the age of instant media that's a shocker. The least he could do is update the online article, obviously not the printed one.

Guest bimpy474

Wrong. He said those things last night to the written press.

The board thing in that he said a couple of weeks back didn't he, about being over his head.

The board thing in that he said a couple of weeks back didn't he, about being over his head.

Yep... That is what i was referring to...

Guest bimpy474

Yep he said it a few weeks ago, but he said it again last night (my friend was there).

Ahhh right  O0

Just watched him on SSN and he said "we aren't pursuing anyone specific at the moment". Not a confidence builder.

Yep he said it a few weeks ago, but he said it again last night (my friend was there).

Fair play then... Just when i saw the quote it was word for word the same as nearly a month ago... Apparently under interrogation that's a tell tale sign of lying...

Guest bimpy474

Not sure why he would need to lie about trying to sign someone but here's hoping.

Well he did lie about Ben Arfa not being fit to play against the Spuds.

Guest Haris Vuckic

And he's lied about Tiote.

Who is in fact not injured but undertaking a crash course in Egyptian pottery for a fortnight.

Guest bimpy474

And he's lied about Tiote.

Who is in fact not injured but undertaking a crash course in Egyptian pottery for a fortnight.

Hmmmm.................Jugs............mmmmmmmmm

Not sure why he would need to lie about trying to sign someone but here's hoping.

Yeah but that was to try and fool them into thinking he wouldn't play.

Not sure why he would lie about having no specified target unless it's some ploy to throw other clubs off our business but I dunno i think all it does is dampens fans excitement which is probably what he wants.

Guest Wally_McFool

Howay we all know how Ashley and this club now operate.

Yeah, we should be thankful and extremely grateful to Mike and Derek for getting any new signings "over the line" blah blah blah

Said no one ever.

Says Pardew after every new signing and says Derek every few months  when he likes to remind us how much "we owe" Mike

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2109647/Tim-Krul-Fabricio-Coloccini-sign-long-term-Newcastle-deals.html

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/pardew-thanks-newcastle-chiefs-pulling-trigger-cisse-signing-2635831

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7996484/Pardew-We-might-need-one-more

Guest bimpy474

Yeah but that was to try and fool them into thinking he wouldn't play.

Not sure why he would lie about having no specified target unless it's some ploy to throw other clubs off our business but I dunno i think all it does is dampens fans excitement which is probably what he wants.

Just a hope i'm clinging to. I've learnt to not get those up too high though. Just a little hope of a nice surprise.

Wonder if he'll feature today... Has normally done well against City in the past iirc... Will be interesting to see how Rodgers manages the situation pre transfer window closing though the signs up to now would suggest not very well...