West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What. the. f***.

Are we actually discussing the possibility of re-signing KEVIN NOLAN? Is this actually happening?! Wow. I hope this is a brainfart from Pardew because that is so f***ing mind-blasting.

:lol:

Double :lol: he scores goals but f*** me he was slow for us. I will always like Nolan but never go back to him

Guest Vinkent

He always seemed to run out of steam after an hour in every game he played. Can't knock the importance of his goals for us tho

Imagine Nolan, Williamson and Simpson in the same team  :anguish:

Signing Nolan will do nothing for us, especially with Carroll in the team. Our tactics will resort to what the were under Hughton; long & direct into AC and let Nolan feed off. It's inevitable. Yes, it worked at the time, but we didn't have Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon...even Marveaux. All of them are best with the ball at their feet, especially the highlighted. It would be a criminal offence to neglect them for that old-school tactic- that's before we get to a striker inferior to what we have and a 30 year old huffing and puffing his way into the box. No way.

I loved Nolan for what he did here, and he's benefited West Ham massively this season but look who his manager is- he builds the team around him. Signing Nolan would set us back massively, much more so than Carroll.

I don't know why we put ourself in this position, it simply isn't worth it. Would the likes of Spurs, Everton, even Liverpool ever do this? Of course not, the move forward and build.

Get a grip, Pards.

Imagine Nolan, Williamson and Simpson in the same team  :anguish:

Signing Nolan will do nothing for us, especially with Carroll in the team. Our tactics will resort to what the were under Hughton; long & direct into AC and let Nolan feed off. It's inevitable. Yes, it worked at the time, but we didn't have Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon...even Marveaux. All of them are best with the ball at their feet, especially the highlighted. It would be a criminal offence to neglect them for that old-school tactic- that's before we get to a striker inferior to what we have and a 30 year old huffing and puffing his way into the box. No way.

I loved Nolan for what he did here, and he's benefited West Ham massively this season but look who his manager is- he builds the team around him. Signing Nolan would set us back massively, much more so than Carroll.

I don't know why we put ourself in this position, it simply isn't worth it. Would the likes of Spurs, Everton, even Liverpool ever do this? Of course not, the move forward and build.

Get a grip, Pards.

What we did then benefited the players we had. What we do now negates from the players we have.

Having a better quality of player doesn't mean much when you don't know how to use them effectively.

Not sure if he's given fresh quotes to someone else, but I don't think he really said that in his pre-match presser. There was a comment from a journo about how Nolan was a good signing for West Ham and a good influence on the squad, Pardew commented on what a good effect Nolan had on younger players and basically how he was a top pro for him. Said it's a shame he couldn't have given him the big new contract Nolan wanted.

I'd say he was just being polite really. I can't see Nolan fitting into the kind of team shape Pardew likes.

Not sure if he's given fresh quotes to someone else, but I don't think he really said that in his pre-match presser. There was a comment from a journo about how Nolan was a good signing for West Ham and a good influence on the squad, Pardew commented on what a good effect Nolan had on younger players and basically how he was a top pro for him. Said it's a shame he couldn't have given him the big new contract Nolan wanted.

I'd say he was just being polite really. I can't see Nolan fitting into the kind of team shape Pardew likes.

Direct quotes on the BBC website are:

'If I had Andy and Kevin in this group I'd be really happy, because they'd really enhance my squad. But the finances are such that that wasn't possible, but they could easily play for this side.'

We wouldn't be going for Nolan anyway, so the point is moot.

Direct quotes on the BBC website are:

'If I had Andy and Kevin in this group I'd be really happy, because they'd really enhance my squad. But the finances are such that that wasn't possible, but they could easily play for this side.'

We wouldn't be going for Nolan anyway, so the point is moot.

Where's that last bit from?

“Both of those players would be good additions to this squad, but players have to move on for the sake of the team,”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9667799/Alan-Pardew-wants-Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-back-at-Newcastle-United-when-his-West-Ham-loan-deal-finishes.html

So many people going mental on facebook about the Nolan comment. :lol:

He hasn't said he wants to resign Nolan, all he said was that the squad would be stronger with him in it than without him in it, which is true.

Just treat that as a gesture to our former captain, come on....

Everyone in the world know that won't happen.

Re-siging Carroll is another issue though. A reasonable price would do me, but I don't think Liverpool would sell him back to us.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hope he gets a decent reception. I think his reception last season was as much to do with him being in a Liverpool shirt as it was the transfer saga

Would love to see him back