West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Decent striker, nothing more. Really didn't want him in the summer but with the way we've been playing so far, we'd be doing a bit better if he was here.

Outside of 6 months of insane form there's nothing to suggest that tbh. He is playing under a team that suits him now as well and he's still struggling.

Think what he was going through under Hughton before we sold him was just a purple patch tbh.

Still no goals in a West Ham shirt, correct?

More touches in West Ham's box. :lol:

His abilities are being put to good use then :snod:

From what I've seen of him this season, he is being used in exactly the way we thought he'd be used - as a targetman. Still quite surprised that he hasn't scored a single goal for them though.

Decent striker, nothing more. Really didn't want him in the summer but with the way we've been playing so far, we'd be doing a bit better if he was here.

Outside of 6 months of insane form there's nothing to suggest that tbh. He is playing under a team that suits him now as well and he's still struggling.

Think what he was going through under Hughton before we sold him was just a purple patch tbh.

He'll get some goals but he does bring other valuable assets too, he's decent in my book.

He'll get some goals but he does bring other valuable assets too, he's decent in my book.

Aye he's a typical target man he's never going to get loads of goals IMO but he will assist and create space for others.

Carroll on his form he had during that first half of premier league is the best striker we've had imo. Don't get me wrong, the two ones we have are awsome aswell. But Carroll brought more to the overall play with his holding up, tying up several defenders at a time. He also scored goals and had a decent amount of assists. How many assists does our senegalese strikers have?

Think he'd offer something totally different to our first 11, while opposition CB's were getting distracted by stopping Carroll imagine how much space that would open up for HBA as teams would stop tripling up on him.

Carroll on his form he had during that first half of premier league is the best striker we've had (in 2010) imo. Don't get me wrong, the two ones we have are awsome aswell. But Carroll brought more to the overall play with his holding up, tying up several defenders at a time. He also scored goals and had a decent amount of assists. How many assists does our senegalese strikers have?

I've fixed your post, you missed the bit in bold out.

Carroll on his form he had during that first half of premier league is the best striker we've had imo. Don't get me wrong, the two ones we have are awsome aswell. But Carroll brought more to the overall play with his holding up, tying up several defenders at a time. He also scored goals and had a decent amount of assists. How many assists does our senegalese strikers have?

I really like Carroll and would take him back in a second, but I don't think his half-season eclipses Ba's a year ago.

I'd actually say that Ba's the best overall striker we've had since Shearer's injury at Goodison in '97.

I've seen him have 2-3 good games since he's left us.  People forget when he was with us, he was either unplayable or utter dross.  WBA away, Spurs away and West Ham away (before he scored) stand out off the top of my head.  Him coming back would just further encourage even more hoof ball, but at least it would be effective I suppose.

I've seen him three times now for West Ham and he's been wank.  Not even taking his price tag in to consideration here, he just generally looks wank.  If it was Carlton Cole or Heskey putting in similar performances.  Fans would rightly be slating them. 

He huffs and puffs, wins a lot of headers but can't direct them and whinges at the ref a lot.  Average striker, wouldn't want him back.