West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need a player with a similar attitude to Rooney to partner Cisse. Someone to do all the running around the box. Making the initial runs to collect from midfield. Having someone in between Cisse and midfield is a must to increase the chance of the ball coming from midfield ending in a chance. Sissoko did well early on, but putting him deeper with someone in front in addition to Cisse would be the dogs bollocks.

We need a player with a similar attitude to Rooney to partner Cisse. Someone to do all the running around the box. Making the initial runs to collect from midfield. Having someone in between Cisse and midfield is a must to increase the chance of the ball coming from midfield ending in a chance. Sissoko did well early on, but putting him deeper with someone in front in addition to Cisse would be the dogs bollocks.

:thup:

Cisse is not the player to worry about/replace in our starting eleven. He will score when he gets chances. I don't see the problem being Cisse alone upfront, more the movement of the other players around him.

Carrol and Cisse could work. Try get him on a season loan.

We don't play with 2 strikers any more though and for good reason so if we signed Carroll it would be Cisse or Carroll.... unless we were chasing a game i suppose.

If we did sign him i don't think you would see them start together very often.

Definitely agree, well that or sign someone who can help with our obvious lack of width and play through the middle too.....

At the end of the day though who ever it is needs to be able score goals regularly and Carroll hasn't done that consistently for a long time.

I'd go no more than £8m for him but it'd be with a heavy heart. He's exactly what Pardew likes, unfortunately.

We could easily get 3-4 international class players for an £18m fee though, it'd be ludicrous ;D

I'd go no more than £8m for him but it'd be with a heavy heart. He's exactly what Pardew likes, unfortunately.

We could easily get 3-4 international class players for an £18m fee though, it'd be ludicrous ;D

Depends. Is there anyone on the French national team left that we haven't signed? :lol:

He needs the type of service that we don't deliver so don't see the point of signing him tbh.

Agreed, people talk about him being a Pardew type player but we rarely deliver quality balls into the box. Fair enough he can hold the ball up but Shola would be first team regular if that's all we wanted.

Depends. Is there anyone on the French national team left that we haven't signed? :lol:

Gomis? :razz:

He needs the type of service that we don't deliver so don't see the point of signing him tbh.

Agreed, people talk about him being a Pardew type player but we rarely deliver quality balls into the box. Fair enough he can hold the ball up but Shola would be first team regular if that's all we wanted.

Both Shola and Carroll are alright at taking the ball on the chest, neither have been that good at flick ons, Carroll's weren't particularly accurate (a lot to do with the other player anticipating though) and Shola rarely gets any height. Neither bring the ball under control quickly so playing hard and low into feet wasn't much use.

As you say, getting whipped balls into the box would be the kind of thing Carroll could really exploit. Not something we're any good at. Ironically, Liverpool look to me top have the players who could put the ball just where he'd want it.

Could see us going in for Carroll as Pards seems to enjoy our keepers hoofing the ball down field. I actually think him and Cisse could work as their strengths should complement each other, albeit it I've yet to see Cisse play well as part of a front two.

Carroll is very capable of bringing other, more potent players into the game off scraps. He'll also attack the corners that our lot put their heads down for.

Could see us going in for Carroll as Pards seems to enjoy our keepers hoofing the ball down field. I actually think him and Cisse could work as their strengths should complement each other, albeit it I've yet to see Cisse play well as part of a front two.

I've no problem with Cisse, Carroll and Hatem (lol) alternating as a front 3.

I can see all the pitfalls, but I'd still love him back :dontknow:

Just feels like we're right for him and he's right for us.

Happily take the big fella back (at a significant discount to whatever he was on the market for before).

That form he was on for us before he left was outstanding, but most of all I just loved him bossing some fuckers around in the air.

Tooj does needs a local hate figure to scorn over now Taylor keeps playing well.  O0

Well it's only took Taylor a decade after making his first team debut and excuse after excuse for him to finally show some consistency.  :p

The reason I don't want Carroll back is because I don't want us to resort to that type of football. Plus there's also the fact he's been very average for two and a half years now and he doesn't have the attitude off the field of somebody that fits in with our current bunch of players.

People might see well we should sign him because it will be easier for Pardew to work with him, I for one second don't believe that in the slightest as if we go back to 4-4-2 you will still no doubt have the huge gap between midfield and attack like we always have done under that formation under Pardew. I'd rather hold the slightest bit of belief in Llambias and Ashley to do the right thing and get rid of Pardew due to us outgrowing him, rather than us having to go backwards and buy Carroll because people believe it is the right thing to do for no other reason than the fact that he is a local lad.

The reason I don't want Carroll back is because I don't want us to resort to that type of football. Plus there's also the fact he's been very average for two and a half years now and he doesn't have the attitude off the field of somebody that fits in with our current bunch of players.

People might see well we should sign him because it will be easier for Pardew to work with him, I for one second don't believe that in the slightest as if we go back to 4-4-2 you will still no doubt have the huge gap between midfield and attack like we always have done under that formation under Pardew. I'd rather hold the slightest bit of belief in Llambias and Ashley to do the right thing and get rid of Pardew due to us outgrowing him, rather than us having to go backwards and buy Carroll because people believe it is the right thing to do for no other reason than the fact that he is a local lad.

:thup: