Newcastle United 1 - 5 Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Post rape reaction from page 19

Dave

I feel that all that has achieved is to wake them up again

Yeah terrible eh, we should have made sure it ended 2:0...

Should be fucking 2:2, more bollocks from referee's/linemen!  And before people say they should be well up, they missed those chances or we stopped them either way, quite different from the linesman stepping in and taking away a goal.

This is the league leaders. People getting upset over nowt. Hardly any players fit that would have put us in any good stead.

It's liverpool ffs. Butt hasn't been good for a long long time, it's nowt new. Some perspective folks.

Anyone honestly expect anything else?

i expected a football match. we'd have saved a lot of money on appearence fee's if we'd just put 10 cones out on the field and given

I didn't. I don't think we've been involved in one since Everton, that's including wins. I dont expect anything from Newcastle, and the last things i expect are heart, effort or passion.

Still i'd rather be sneaking wins without them, than being West Brom with all of those attributes but nothing to show for it.

Think we'll get lucky this season and stay up. Not with effort of fight though, because the other teams are worse.

Taylor and Enrique are having stinkers. Coloccini is trying but looks lost without someone to sweep with him.

Butt and guthrie are also fucnking useless in midfield, gerrard is having a whale of a time!!

Owen looks lost and disinterested, at least duff is trying. Jonas is receiving hospital balls and they are doubling up on him as he is our only real threat. Zoggy needs to pull his socks up.

I would change butt or guthriee for geremi in the middle, we just can t keep the ball and I would sling on xisco for the last 15 minutes for owen.

No real feeling of hope, they are passing it around well and gerrard is having one of his days, benayoun is also playing very well.

Never mind....

Guest optimistic nit

edgar hasn't been awful to be fair. all their attacks have come down jose's side, although that's not all his fault. i thought he was good first 15, but bad last 30.

Should be f***ing 2:2, more bollocks from referee's/linemen!  And before people say they should be well up, they missed those chances or we stopped them either way, quite different from the linesman stepping in and taking away a goal.

For christ sake, do you think they keeper would have just stood on his line and the defender near Owen stop and keep his hand up and let Owen run free if they hadnt realised that the flag was up?

Edgar has been utter crap for the first 45 mins, funny that he should be the one to score!!

To be fair though, apart from Given & Duff they've all been sh*t. Never thought I'd say this but the only way we can get anything from this is by playing long ball as we can't out pass them. Get Jonas & Owen off, and get on Geremi and either carroll or ameobi on.

How about the through ball to Duff and subsiquent goal we would have scored if not for yet another shit decision?

The Only Man WHO HAS TO GO OFF IS MICHAEL WANNABECAPTAIN OWEN

Owen --> OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous.

Owen is a player who needs service, and he's had none. What do you expect him to do, drop into midfield, win the ball, beat 5 men round the keeper and tap it in?

If we're not getting the ball to him that's the rest of the team's fault, not his. One thing he's proven year after year is that if and when the ball is played to him in the right areas, he scores. And he'll do the same today if we can sort out the supply.

He is not with his thoughts on the Pitch!!!

His body language is like that he gives a f*** off what's happening there!

If you'd touched the ball about 3 times in 45 minutes because the supply behind you was so utterly gash, how would you feel?

Sort the supply out and you have a happy striker who will score goals. Owen is the only truly class player at the club, and anyone who thinks otherwise or thinks we should get rid of him is deluded.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of Owen fanboy, but he's our most valuable player by a mile and would be our best player if only we'd get him the ball.

interesting comment from gray for once, only conceded 2 fouls all half despite their possession. problem is we cant get close to them, almost every liverpool player is bigger, faster and stronger than his newcastle counterpart, on top of this they're more intelligent and skilful too.

Guest optimistic nit

Teams have sussed Jonas out now, they put two or more men around him every time he has the ball. Every team since Man Utd have done it.

i don't think that's right tbh. i still say if we had him playing with 2 good cm's in a team playing good football and he'll be dinamite.

Guest optimistic nit

Andy Gray ripped us for Hyypia's goal.

I don't think we did that much wrong. Simply brilliant by Hyypia. .

colo didn't challenge for it at all though.

Guest The German

Going again to TV. COME ON UNITED!!! COME ON NEWCASTLE!!!

I bet my arse on a 3-2 for Newcastle with Andy Carroll scoring 2 Times. COME ON UNITED!!!

HOWAY THE LADS

Should be f***ing 2:2, more bollocks from referee's/linemen!  And before people say they should be well up, they missed those chances or we stopped them either way, quite different from the linesman stepping in and taking away a goal.

For christ sake, do you think they keeper would have just stood on his line and the defender near Owen stop and keep his hand up and let Owen run free if they hadnt realised that the flag was up?

There defender was standing with his hand up before the lineman even raised his flag, Owen was in front of him and Duff was in a position to simply slide it accross.  It was a easy chance for us if the linesman had made the right decision.

Take off nicky butt, and we wont be so easy to break down. He doesnt track home, and doesnt track the players. Benayoun was his man to take by the first goal, but he just let him run into the box.  His position play is the worst i seen in a long time, poor guthrie that gets raped by 2-3 players each time.

Teams have sussed Jonas out now, they put two or more men around him every time he has the ball. Every team since Man Utd have done it.

i don't think that's right tbh. i still say if we had him playing with 2 good cm's in a team playing good football and he'll be dinamite.

:nods:

Jonas constantly losing possession is simply more efficient than Nicky Butt losing possession after Jonas passes it to him.

Guest optimistic nit

The Only Man WHO HAS TO GO OFF IS MICHAEL WANNABECAPTAIN OWEN

Owen --> OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous.

Owen is a player who needs service, and he's had none. What do you expect him to do, drop into midfield, win the ball, beat 5 men round the keeper and tap it in?

If we're not getting the ball to him that's the rest of the team's fault, not his. One thing he's proven year after year is that if and when the ball is played to him in the right areas, he scores. And he'll do the same today if we can sort out the supply.

He is not with his thoughts on the Pitch!!!

His body language is like that he gives a fuck off what's happening there!

to be fair to him, owen has contributed more defensively this half than colo, taylor, edgar and enrique put together.

Edgar has been utter crap for the first 45 mins, funny that he should be the one to score!!

To be fair though, apart from Given & Duff they've all been sh*t. Never thought I'd say this but the only way we can get anything from this is by playing long ball as we can't out pass them. Get Jonas & Owen off, and get on Geremi and either carroll or ameobi on.

How about the through ball to Duff and subsiquent goal we would have scored if not for yet another s*** decision?

The liverpool players stopped way before that as the whistle had blown. Anyone that thinks we have scored that if he hadn't flagged offside is kidding themselves. Sorry but its true, just watch it again and you'll see.

Oh don't get me wrong, I still think he's a good player. It's just that with Butt and Guthrie in the middle, teams know there's no goal threat there so can afford to crowd Jonas out.