Newcastle United 1 - 5 Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Post rape reaction from page 19

Dave

Perfect time to score a goal, we at least have a shot now.  Just start MARKING FUCKING GERRARD.  One of the best players in the country allowed to run wild, that's gotta be the first major tactical adjustment in that dressing room.

This is the league leaders. People getting upset over nowt. Hardly any players fit that would have put us in any good stead.

It's liverpool ffs. Butt hasn't been good for a long long time, it's nowt new. Some perspective folks.

Anyone honestly expect anything else?

No I didnt expect us to beat them but these guys are professionals ffs!!! They cant defend for f***!!! It just isnt acceptable!

Because they aren't good defenders! That's why! You can't make a 5''0 lass a supermodel can you?!

Were our defence good against Porstmouth even? NO, they got raped time and time again, it was down to Crouch and Defoe being totally hopeless with every chance they got. If they'd have scored the chances they had, we'd have got a drubbing.

well we can't come out and play any worse the 2nd half

its been bad, how you can come out of that dressing room and play like that, not even any effort, being put aside like shool boys

thank god for Shay or it would have been over. he is the only one awake out there.

lets all hope for a new years preset, lol

Guest optimistic nit

seriously though. given hasn't played this well since the arsenal match. its fucking unbelieveable. we're shit shit shit shit shit. Duff is the only player performing, but its like 10 strangers on the field, each trying to play their individual game.

Lets see if Kinnear manages to change things around a bit and get us fired up for the second half. Personally I don't think Kinnear should be within a country mile of this club and we should be well happy if he was managing the likes of Sunderland.

That first half was Liverpool, pass and move, pass and move, then us by comparison.. made you wince. Any confidence built up from the last 6 unbeaten was ripped away in the first half-hour. Can only cross fingers for second half.

Guest north shields lad

All you of little faith, i said we would get somthing and i think we will. Either that or we will just get them angry.  :laugh2:

Well - that was an awful first half from us and really how Liverpool aren't out of sight is beyond me. We can't hold the ball up, upfront (need Carroll on) - midfield is being over ran and the defence is just a feckin joke. Coloccini and Taylor just rotten.

If Liverpool don't win this, they want shooting because we are garbage. Edgar's goal gives us a bit of hope, but I'm not sure the majority of the players (bar Given) have the stomach for the fight.

Guest The German

Kinnear needs to stick a rocket up the arses of every player. Truely woeful, inept performance. People need to wake up and think. Pathetic.

Kinnear only needs to take out Owen. He's by far the worst player on the pitch. Even if he will score in the 2nd Half. He's not with his thoughts on the pitch!

The Only Man WHO HAS TO GO OFF IS MICHAEL WANNABECAPTAIN OWEN

Owen --> OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous.

Owen is a player who needs service, and he's had none. What do you expect him to do, drop into midfield, win the ball, beat 5 men round the keeper and tap it in?

If we're not getting the ball to him that's the rest of the team's fault, not his. One thing he's proven year after year is that if and when the ball is played to him in the right areas, he scores. And he'll do the same today if we can sort out the supply.

Guest optimistic nit

This is the league leaders. People getting upset over nowt. Hardly any players fit that would have put us in any good stead.

It's liverpool ffs. Butt hasn't been good for a long long time, it's nowt new. Some perspective folks.

Anyone honestly expect anything else?

i expected a football match. we'd have saved a lot of money on appearence fee's if we'd just put 10 cones out on the field and given

Guest The German

The Only Man WHO HAS TO GO OFF IS MICHAEL WANNABECAPTAIN OWEN

Owen --> OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous.

Owen is a player who needs service, and he's had none. What do you expect him to do, drop into midfield, win the ball, beat 5 men round the keeper and tap it in?

If we're not getting the ball to him that's the rest of the team's fault, not his. One thing he's proven year after year is that if and when the ball is played to him in the right areas, he scores. And he'll do the same today if we can sort out the supply.

He is not with his thoughts on the Pitch!!!

His body language is like that he gives a fuck off what's happening there!

Edgar has been utter crap for the first 45 mins, funny that he should be the one to score!!

To be fair though, apart from Given & Duff they've all been sh*t. Never thought I'd say this but the only way we can get anything from this is by playing long ball as we can't out pass them. Get Jonas & Owen off, and get on Geremi and either carroll or ameobi on.

i hate to say it but it might be worthwhile to take Jonas off, put duff back to left wing and get some presence up front. jonas has really been horrible. what happened to the lad that played on the opening day of the season? i'd also like to see butt off but we dont exactly have a wealth of replacements on the bench.

And Jonas seems to have gone right off the boil. Was great in his first few games but seems to be much less effective now. Partly because teams seem to be doubling up on him now all the time as they're identifying him as our main threat but I can't help but feel that he's lost some of his initial effectiveness too.

Still working hard though, but not going past his man and not getting many crosses in, which for a winger is bad news.