The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest sicko2ndbest

1514: RED CARD Stoke

Extraordinary. Ricardo Fuller is sent off for attempting to hit team-mate and captain Andy Griffin, who was turned by Cole for the equaliser.

Why should you get sent off for fighting with your own teammate?

Precedent ;)

Batty or Dyer?

Alright, recent precedent. It does seem unfair that both of ours got sent off though! Does violent conduct specify who it has to be aimed towards to warrant a red card?

Precedent ;)

Batty or Dyer?

Alright, recent precedent. It does seem unfair that both of ours got sent off though! Does violent conduct specify who it has to be aimed towards to warrant a red card?

What if you slap your own head after you miss? Is that violent conduct?

Precedent ;)

Batty or Dyer?

What if you slap your own head after you miss? Is that violent conduct?

Yep, straight red.

I don't fucking know :lol:

Precedent ;)

Batty or Dyer?

No, it doesn't. Could be aimed at opponent/teammate/referee/spectator.

In the African Nations semi final a few years back a bloke was sent off for violent conduct towards a physio. :lol:

Precedent ;)

Batty or Dyer?

No, it doesn't. Could be aimed at opponent/teammate/referee/spectator.

In the African Nations semi final a few years back a bloke was sent off for violent conduct towards a physio. :lol:

That was absolutely hilarious, one of the funniest things I've ever seen in football :lol:

It really wasn't that bad, Griffin got turned by Cole for the goal, then they went back to the centre circle for kickoff, Fuller turned around and starting yelling at Griffin, who walked over to him and then got a light slap on the cheek, then they got pulled apart.  Couple of the West Ham players went to break it up and then the rest of their teammates dragged them away too.  Dyer/Bowyer was 10 times worse.

Will the media and FA react in the same way as they did with regards to the Dyer/Bowyer incident or was it not as bad?

I imagine it's the latter if it was only really a one way thing.

VERY good point.

I doubt it.

Its only a feeding frenzy if Newcastle are involved - it's hide the evidence if it's Manu/Liverpool.

Will the media and FA react in the same way as they did with regards to the Dyer/Bowyer incident or was it not as bad?

I imagine it's the latter if it was only really a one way thing.

VERY good point.

I doubt it.

Its only a feeding frenzy if Newcastle are involved - it's hide the evidence if it's Manu/Liverpool.

No-where near as bad as the Dyer/Bowyer incident by all accounts.