The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Always p*ssed me off why that's not a penalty and red-card in the rulebook anyway. He's not allowed to handle it, like an outfield player in those circumstances, and he denied a certain goal.

Another rule that fucks me off is that the ball must leave the area on a goal kick before another player can touch it. Sometimes you see underhit passes that the defender touches inside the box as the forward is closing in. All that happens is that the kick is retaken. Surely the defender has stopped the forward getting onto the ball illegally?

That second rule should be abolished now that we have the backpass rule.  It's only real purpose before was to stop the keeper knocking it a yard to another player and then picking it up.

If Owen had put in the performances of Defoe the last game and a half he'd been getting hammered on here. Yes, he scored on Sunday, but he also missed 3 or 4 pretty simple chances, whereas in this game he's been anonymous.

So he's playing his usual game then, let's face it he's overrated with a capital O, only Arry could spend so much on him.

If I was owen I would be worried that such an average player was keeping me out of the England team.