The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest quklaani

No, but I worried during November after we lost to Arsenal.  At that point they'd won so many games whilst being pretty much rubbish that I was getting scared.  And thats what it is really, you look at their team and you think there's no chance, but the thought of them winning the league terrifies me.  It shouldn't of course, but every season I tend to have a sigh of relief around christmas when they're out of it for certain.  Especially this season, it'd be amazing for us to have come from 11 titles behind to match their record.   

I'm still far from bullish about our chances (whereas last year from about October I'd tell anyone who'd listen that we were nailed on for the title) but Liverpool seem to be reverting to type and Chelsea...theres just something wrong there.  So despite my hesitance I feel theres a real chance that we'll just pull clear in the next month or so.  I just hope we start playing well again, be nice to see Ronaldo come to life again.

Yeah, Quklaani...I really felt that this should have been Chelsea's year, but they have really bottled it. Stunning what's happened to them. Especially the way they just capitulatd at OT. Was that the same side that fought from a goal down with ten men against Arsenal two years ago. The team has not changed that much personnel wise. Then, again, neither man U or Liverpoolhave been impressive this year, so the title is still up for grabs most likely.

My lass is fking stupid, im lying on the sofa watching manu derby on the net, while the Tv is on, and im like oh, argh , at the shot by Derby,.. and she says, why you so excited by a Hovis advert.,,,..lolol

Guest Anders Rye

If United beat Spurs in the final, will Spurs still make it in the Uefa Cup then, as United are going in the Champions League?

Guest Geordiesned

Another ref who doesn't know the back pass rule! That had to be a free kick to Burnley!

EDIT: Beaten to it by OM and the commentators have just mentioned it as well.

Guest Geordiesned

Arrgghhh!! Why can't officials just admit they made a mistake!

There's no way that was a block tackle, it was a clear back pass!

Guest Geordiesned

Always p*ssed me off why that's not a penalty and red-card in the rulebook anyway. He's not allowed to handle it, like an outfield player in those circumstances, and he denied a certain goal.

Another rule that fucks me off is that the ball must leave the area on a goal kick before another player can touch it. Sometimes you see underhit passes that the defender touches inside the box as the forward is closing in. All that happens is that the kick is retaken. Surely the defender has stopped the forward getting onto the ball illegally?