The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

They're significantly better than us.

There's a Luka Modric difference imo, and that's it.

Their squad is much deeper, and has alot more talent. I would kill for Thudd/JJ/Zokora/Palacios/Modric. The only area of the pitch we are better is goalkeeper, and tbh Gomes has been coming along nicely.

Yes, coming along nicely if he has in fact all this time been a participant in a new BBC talent / reality show called "Clown Show"

Their squad is much deeper, and has alot more talent. I would kill for Thudd/JJ/Zokora/Palacios/Modric. The only area of the pitch we are better is goalkeeper, and tbh Gomes has been coming along nicely.

You would kill for Huddlestone, JJ and Zokora? Average at best, the three of them. Palacios and Modric I'll give you, but we're stronger in other departments (strikeforce, GK and arguably fullbacks).

You would kill for Huddlestone, JJ and Zokora? Average at best, the three of them. Palacios and Modric I'll give you, but we're stronger in other departments (strikeforce, GK and arguably fullbacks).

Yes Average. I'd kill for average. I think with an average midfield we are a pretty good side. I'd kill for a midfield with a bit of skill/power/intelligence/or really any ability associated with football. Outside of Barton (who is injured/suspended/in his cell majority of the time) we don't have that.

I have always rated Huddlestone.  Really composed on the ball and makes a lot of space for himself to have tons of time on the ball.  He can also really pick a pass and also isn't afraid to have a rip on goal.  All things we're sorely lacking in midfield.

I have always rated Huddlestone.  Really composed on the ball and makes a lot of space for himself to have tons of time on the ball.  He can also really pick a pass and also isn't afraid to have a rip on goal.  All things we're sorely lacking in midfield.

He's better than what we have...but he's one of the poorer mids out of the first team at Spurs. He's slow, fat, and has a penchant for disappearing.

He's better than what we have...but he's one of the poorer mids out of the first team at Spurs. He's slow, fat, and has a penchant for disappearing.

And thats not easy if you are either slow or fat.He's both...that's impressive!!

Yes Average. I'd kill for average. I think with an average midfield we are a pretty good side. I'd kill for a midfield with a bit of skill/power/intelligence/or really any ability associated with football. Outside of Barton (who is injured/suspended/in his cell majority of the time) we don't have that.

Zokora is worse than Butt. it's no suprise he looks like cack when he plays nufc but it's one of Butt's most comfortable fixtures. however i can see where you are coming from, zokora at least has the mobility that we're lacking and is not as feeble as Geremi or Guthrie.

Guest kingdawson

Damn, they're going to Wembley again. 90 mins away from Europe.

I dont think the CC winners get in to the UEFA Cup or whatever it is called next season.

They do, and Gomes has been playing very well lately thank you.

Doesn't know when to shoot though, he scored a couple of good goals a while back and now thinks he is Bobby Charlton shooting from all angles.

I'm going to Macclesfield V Brentford today in the away end as one of my mates here is a Brentford fan and it's only a tenner to get in, should ba a laugh.

On that random note, I see your Macc v Brentford and raise you the Doncaster v Norwich match in the Norwich end on Friday night that I'm off to.

I'm going to Macclesfield V Brentford today in the away end as one of my mates here is a Brentford fan and it's only a tenner to get in, should ba a laugh.

I've got Brentford in my acc today so here's hoping your mate celebrates a lot of goals.